Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? (3800 Views)

Which Online Payment Gateway Accepts Both VISA And Master Card Payments Online / Help! How Do I Accept Credit Card Payments On My Site / How To Accept Credit Card/atm Payments On Your Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by udeze(m): 12:58pm On May 11, 2006
Hey guys, I have a site that I am working on and would want to start accepting payments online from international customers who would want to buy my e-book. Does anybody know ways I can accept CC (credit cards) payments or paypal as a Nigerian? I need help.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by layi(m): 1:22pm On May 11, 2006
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by udeze(m): 3:58pm On May 11, 2006
Are there other cost effective methods that can be used? can the checks from 2co be processed by Nigerian banks? I am considering using paypal and linking it to my cousin's address in the UK, I dont know whether paypal uses IP check to deternmine users from country like Nigeria, I would'nt want my acct to be blocked but I think if paypal works, that would offer me opportunity to also accept paypal.

Pls I need advice and suggestions, I intend to use my site for e-book marketing
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by daretayo(m): 9:30am On May 12, 2006
Your best option i clickbank, but clickbank does not accept nigerians, so you set up the account in your cousins name in UK. clickbank.com.

I repeat thats your best bet for an ebook.
If you need any help contact me as I am experinced in such things
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by naijacutee(f): 10:07am On May 14, 2006
You can use moneybookers.com as well, though I'm not sure about if they accept nigerians. You can get your cousin to sign up , you receive your payments on there, and montior your account balance.
(I'd advice you not to browse from an internet cafe but get an ISP add-on that can disguise your ISP. There are quite a few of them in Nigeria. This is just so they don't montior your location and place a hold on your hard earned funds uneccesarily.)

At a desired time, you can just initiate a transfer to your cousins bank and have him transfer it to you.

You can also use nochex.com but i seriously DOUBT that you can access that website from Nigeria.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by webcrawlla(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2006
[color=#006600][color=#006600][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Opening a paypal and clickbank account from Niigeria has been a great hindrance to my affilliate programs. I really would not mind any suggestion about how to overcome this problem.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by Bossman(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2006
Paypal just does not work in Nigeria. Think about it, to have a paypal account, you need to have a bank account that can be linked to the paypal acct. Paypal just does not think the infrastructure exists in Nigeria yet. You will need the help of someone that lives and has an acct. in a country where paypal is being used (UK, USA, etc.) in order to be able to use it.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by nwaigboannoying: 7:12am On May 20, 2006
Try this, if you are based in Nigeria but know someone you trust here in the US, or any country that paypal accept account from, they can link with your site so that you process your payment from that site, there is a project I'm working on right now that will allow website owners in Nigeria to process payment from people outside of Nigeria using our hosted shopping cart but you have to be verified by us before you can use that service, I will keep you posted
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by niyyie(m): 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2006
Moneybookers has excluded Nigeria. Even CashCards. Imagine! angry
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by ojchris(m): 3:51am On Nov 08, 2006
See what we r caused for ourselves. The world running frm us because most of us have decided to go the way of extortion and [get rich quick or die trying].

That's why webmasters, dont charge cheap because u want to eat garri today charge what u are worth so u dont get into the temptation of extortion and Internet fraud. This things are only locking us up forever just because we want today. At the rate guys are doing this Internet 419 thing (almost every Naija guy 16-45 is doing it) we end up shutin d world frm ourselves
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by kennyuche(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2006
Pls am interested in this topic, what about e-gold? Wont that work? Am working on a site like that too bt i cant figure which online payment system to use.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by niyyie(m): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2006
This is so very unfortunate. Doing business online can be so difficult and depressing. Your crime? Being a Nigerian in Nigeria.
I think 2Checkout is still a good option. Contact me if you need help with that. Good luck.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by akinalabi(m): 12:31am On Nov 10, 2006
Hi,

I totally agree with daretayo. Use clickbank.

Although they do not accept Nigerians, you can use
a US or UK address.

As per paypal, forget it. Even if you use a foreign address
they'll still find you out.

Paypal "sat" on my friend's $17,000 so be very careful.

If you didn't know me before, I'm one of the very few
Nigerians who sell ebooks on clickbank.

I sell my book on affiliate marketing for $27 and i've not
had any problem so far.

I wish you all the best.

Akin Alabi

EDITED: 2CO is getting better all the time. They can even
process paypal payments for you without you having a
paypal account.

And they will even provide you with a debit card where
they will deposit your earnings. It's beautiful.

Akin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by niyyie(m): 7:49am On Nov 27, 2007
Paypal has a way of scanning though their network. Whenever they smell a rat [have any reason to suspect that you're not where you claim to be], they would not hesitate for a minute to freeze your account.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by CrudeOil2(m): 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2007
2checkout is not a good a idea. Use paypal or authorize
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by akinalabi(m): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2007
Crude Oil:

2checkout is not a good a idea.

Why did you say that? I use them as a well
and they have never dissapointed me one
bit.

Akin Alabi
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by rufaai(m): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2007
Why Nigeria? cry

It makes me feel sad to see opportunities flee away due to Nigerian SCAM! -- Nigerian SCAM (419) is the most scary thing on the entire internet. I wonder when will those freaks leave the dirty business of theirs!

The problem is that only few people are willing to work hard for their living, most others wants luxury without the means and feel scamming is the alternative.

Well, I have also been trying to get a way to accept Credit Card payments while in Nigeria with a Nigerian address but it seems too hard to find a legal way.

I just feel I can't use the two way address because it is entirely illegal.

I think our Nigerian banks should help us with Credit Card processing service, so that we could get payments done legally and peacefully.

The only alternative is you Market around Nigeria cry and use bank deposit as payment option undecided Thats just it!
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by noelite(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2007
May be you should consider opening an account in a UK Bank using your cousin's address. When your money is paid into the account you could transfer it to your Nigerian account.

That should be close to a solution wink
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by CrudeOil2(m): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2007
Besides why would you want to accept credit card payments in Nigeria? It would be very expensive to set up and to use. CC processing companies would charge you high fees, and banks would do the same, also credit cards are not commonly used in Nigeria the way they are in the US and other developed countries except you want to accept credit cards from customers abroad. If you still want to accept credit cards on your site, you would need a bank account(espcially US) and you must have a valid SSN and Drivers licence and valid address and phone Number to do that, you would also need to fund it and it cannot be done while you are in Nigeria.
If you have a good cousin abroad (in the US or UK) or a relation, they can open an account for you or you use their account( a checking account is the best) you would also use their address and their phone numbers and you would need to tell them what you want to do, so it would be easier for you.

for more info gtwist2001@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by okogasir(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2007
you cant login to your paypal account from Nigeria.Your IP address would be tracked.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by Princek12(m): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
The bottom line is that we are reaping the results of our fraudulent behaviors. In one Nairaland forum, instead of unequivocally condemning 419 behavior, many posters were somewhat justifying 419 as a valid reprisal for the purported atrocity committed by white folks. And when those white folks justifiably refuse to provide payment solutions to Nigerian merchants because of the dangerously high level of risk of conducting business in Nigeria, of course caused by this seemingly pervasive 419 behavior, the innocent merchants and entrepreneurs who want to conduct legitimate business located in Nigeria suffer from their limited ability to accept payments on their website. Even worse, many overseas online merchants refuse to ship products to Nigeria, effectively excluding any legitimate customer located in Nigeria from purchasing goods online, especially from sites like Ebay.  We should all become citizen polices by reporting the Cyber Cafes from which these 419ers perpetrate their illegal trade.
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by eplanner: 6:34pm On Nov 25, 2009
There is another called Alert pay and they accept payment from Nigeria
Check the site for more information [url=https://www.alertpay.com/?AjUyaQhwbmBir%2fXc%2bBl2rw%3d%3d]here[/url]
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by skillforce: 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
Hi People,
i'm aware its very possible to start accepting global credit cards in your website from a nigerian location. but you must be redy to do the research yourself or pay someone to do the online payment integration for you. it is also possible to open verify and operate a paypal account from nigeria. right now i'm in a blogging part nership with some uk based website/blog ownerss. and the only way they pay me is through paypal. if you really want to join the few paypal users in nigeria call 08068437815
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by oyeji: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
CloudWare Technologies can help you integrate online payment platform on your website where foreign customers can be able to pay for your books online
www.cloudware.com.ng 08179092255
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by bimppyola: 2:36am On Nov 12, 2016
akinalabi:
Hi,
I totally agree with daretayo. Use clickbank.
Although they do not accept Nigerians, you can use a US or UK address.
As per paypal, forget it. Even if you use a foreign address they'll still find you out.
Paypal "sat" on my friend's $17,000 so be very careful.
If you didn't know me before, I'm one of the very few Nigerians who sell ebooks on clickbank.
I sell my book on affiliate marketing for $27 and i've not had any problem so far.

I wish you all the best.
Akin Alabi
EDITED: 2CO is getting better all the time. They can even process paypal payments for you without you having a paypal account.
And they will even provide you with a debit card where they will deposit your earnings. It's beautiful.
Akin

how do 2checkout work
Can they receive your paypal funds on your behalf??
And how do you go about receiving paypal funds on your behalf
Re: How Do I Start Accepting Credit Card Payments On My Site? by Biglittle01: 9:59am On Sep 08, 2017
use skrill or pm

(1) (Reply)

7 Tested Tips To Increase Blog Readers / 5k for Naija Adsense ........ Come and Get urz... - @JIBLOTECH / Zip Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.