Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

What Is Your Best Investment So Far? - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Is Your Best Investment So Far? (15273 Views)

What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. / What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Seun(m): 9:16am On Apr 28, 2013
question: My school fees from nursery education to University education.
You paid your own nursery & primary school fees? That's awful!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by question(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
Seun: You paid your own nursery & primary school fees? That's awful!
No I didnt. But basically, education is one of the best investment in life.
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by olushowunm(m): 6:36am On Apr 30, 2013
To me, there is nothing in this world that can compare to the skills have developed in investing. It gave me confidence to invest effectively and also in myself.
As i know most people in Nigeria still needs to develop their investing skills as i believe they are not investing now but speculating.
@OP, your investment in startup is not investment, its pure gambling/speculation, thank God is favours you. From statistics, if you do 10 of such deals, may be 1 will make it to the mark!
And when investing in such business, its better to know the industry well and have control as its gives you leverage.

Such companies lacks any operating history to based any rational investment decisions except the emotions that its a great ideas.
@Seun, the investment section needs to be sub-divided as i advised some time ago, we need sections on Fixed Deposits, Equities, Real Estate and Speculative ventures. Its crazy how the investment section is now, as it lacks organization. Thanks.
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by valdubem(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2013
^^ How do you mean by it (Investment section) lacks organisation?
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by olushowunm(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2013
Don't take it personal; i'm just stating the obvious, sub-sectionalize the Investment section and not the way its muddled together now.
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by valdubem(m): 10:32am On Apr 30, 2013
I am not taking it personal and that's not the 'obvious.

My point is, why are you soo bent on sub-sectionalising this section? If you know the field you are good in, just open threads on those fields and others will take charge of the rest.

BTW, I haven't seen any thread opened by you lately; Bring it up let's keep the section flowing. Hope you good? wink
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by robonski15(m): 3:31pm On May 04, 2013
My best investment so far is my catfish farm.. After graduating 2010 thought of what to do, then decided to learn the trade.. I thank God am an employer of labour and have my own farm and acquired another plot for poultry, all theses for just three years plus with hard work.. Believe in urself..

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Ibukunstar(f): 10:52am On May 11, 2013
My best investment so far is being a christian... Secondly my biz... Thirdly my education nd lastly my goals which has bn my drive so far

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Yinkagbo(m): 9:40pm On May 14, 2013
my two separate three bedroom flat,my poultry farm and my five bikes that are source of my achievement........looking forward to be major distributor of lacasera and viju milk.......if i can start with 120k to achieve dis then u can do better...

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Biafradiplomat: 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
talk2D: Laptop + Internet
Yahoo[s][/s] boy
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by addictiv(m): 12:32am On Jun 29, 2013
best investment was writing scholarship exams....made a fortune out of it. the next is starting my shipping coy
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by phoenix480(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
So far, Real Estate in Lagos. With projected increase in population and revenue, it should only get better smiley
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by anintia(m): 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
The partnership of Dell with Jumia is an investment that is considered; mind blowing because for an established firm to get involved with a start up company, then there is prospect. So to get authentic Dell laptops and prodcuts, be rest assured to get them from Jumia.
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
bought a couple of premium domains. Circling a few more.
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by 9janinja(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
valdubem:
Mine is investing in a given start-up company, it fetched me lots of $$. Am looking forward to investing (or even owning) a similar kind of company in the nearest future.

Tell us about yours::

pls tell us abt it, thanks
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by 9janinja(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
talk2D:
Laptop + Internet
dats my interest pls give me hints . Thanks
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by iykepromotions: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
my best and wonderful investment is domain names. once registered a domain name for just N1650 and later resold it N83,000,i couldn't beleive it. since then i have been investing more. if na you nko?
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Kennyfancy(m): 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
freebreezeyz:
setup and registered my Wife's catering outfit; added very valuable IT skills to my knowledge; gained valuable experience in Logistics and organisation of different kinds of seminars/conferences/occasions.......Above all, I got a peice of land barely 1 year ago for 550k and its worth 1.5M now and still appreciating..GOD HOWEVER AND D DRIVE TO MAKE HEAVEN IS TOPPING IT ALL.... smiley
pls wht IT Skill did u hard to urself ?
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Homguy(m): 1:08am On Jan 02, 2015
edogu:
After my service in 2011, i investd my little savings on poultry farm project 2gethr wit d seed money dt my dad gav 2 me. 4 d first stock (abt 170 birds), i started wit, i broke even, 4 d second stock abt 200 birds, i lost all d stocks. Well i was discourag initially plus d fact d@ my parent advised me 2 leav it 4 now n face my MA programme. Am thru wit my course work n ve started writing thesis. My next project is 2 go back 2 d same business. As a measur, i ve created a special a/c 4 it. Com october dis yr, am starting all over again. My failur wil not deter me cos i ve learnt my lessons which re: get a good stock, ensure d envir is neat, timely vaccination, feed dm 4 8 wks n disposed dm as quickly as possibl. My advice 2 nairaland reading dis thread is dis 'let where u re 2day b better dan wher u re yesterday'. Above all, God shld be ur driver.
I just read this, I love your spirit. its more than a year now, if I may ask, how did it go?
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Homguy(m): 1:11am On Jan 02, 2015
Yinkagbo:
my two separate three bedroom flat,my poultry farm and my five bikes that are source of my achievement........looking forward to be major distributor of lacasera and viju milk.......if i can start with 120k to achieve dis then u can do better...
how did you go about starting this might venture with 120 thousand naira. can you share?
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Yinkagbo(m): 5:51am On Jan 02, 2015
Homguy:
how did you go about starting this might venture with 120 thousand naira. can you share?

I worked as okada man,latter buy bikes for pple who paid daily and own a super mart which my wife is in charge.....and the story continues....am agric econs graduate,I left to dubai in search of greener pasture but came back with disspointment but I am hoping to relocate to uae soon tru arange personal residence.......
I doubt if u can do the work....ahahah ahahahhan,honestly there are many jobss that we do over look and belittle that we cannot do,but there are lot of money of in it....yesterday I was at where to buy cow meat for new year,infact I was dump folded when I meet the owner of the place,a small boy and he is making cool catch.....lot of ways one can make it in nigeria........
Re: What Is Your Best Investment So Far? by Homguy(m): 8:39am On Jan 02, 2015
Yinkagbo:

I worked as okada man,latter buy bikes for pple who paid daily and own a super mart which my wife is in charge.....and the story continues....am agric econs graduate,I left to dubai in search of greener pasture but came back with disspointment but I am hoping to relocate to uae soon tru arange personal residence.......
I doubt if u can do the work....ahahah ahahahhan,honestly there are many jobss that we do over look and belittle that we cannot do,but there are lot of money of in it....yesterday I was at where to buy cow meat for new year,infact I was dump folded when I meet the owner of the place,a small boy and he is making cool catch.....lot of ways one can make it in nigeria........
wow! you are quite industrious,sir. the prob with hire purchase or giving out bike for daily returns is that most times such as arrangements go sour, as they soon start failing to pay returns as at when due. but as regards UAE, I once read of nigerians used to do tidious works without being paid in unlively conditions. forgive my question, am learning. why the UAE?why not hustle in NIGeria, is there and advantage there as in say the USA? or Canada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beware Of The National Startup Investment Fund Programme / 10 Real Estate Investment Lessons To Learn From Banky W. / My 2021 Crypto-currency Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.