Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

When Someone You Loved Dies. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Someone You Loved Dies. (876 Views)

Bid Farewell To Your Loved Ones You Lost In The Year 2015 / When Is The Right Time To Delete A Late Loved One's Number. / Have You Ever Fallen Head Over Heels In Love With Someone Who Never Loved You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Someone You Loved Dies. by bestower: 9:43am On Apr 17, 2013
Have you ever lost a loved one in death?The pain,the grief,and feelings of helplessnesscan seem unbearable. At such times,we need to go to God's word for comfort. I had an experience just lately when a friend's daughter died recently,i felt so weak,so downcasted because the beautiful girl was so full of life and just turn two when death struck.i wept,but it was too late. How can someone get over this kind of horrible experience and get out of this situation.Need advise.
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by GraceBestowed(f): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2013
I'm in a similar position, a friend of mine's sister died recently, and I just didn't know the words to say. When it happens to someone else, I'm careful so as not to undermine their pain, grief, and hurt!

I have been fortunate enough not to lose anyone close to me, I thank God every day. My first port of call is to go to God, and ask for His comfort, that's also the advice I give to others in the hope that they do it earnestly.

He definitely gives comfort in trying times.

1 Like

Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by emilyone(f): 10:00am On Apr 17, 2013
sorry about the loss, but what really brought about her death at such a tender age? cry cry cry cry
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by bestower: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2013
emily,thanks for your concern.well,i couldnt explain rite now cos the doctor's report is what we are expecting to verify what went wrong.
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by baby124: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2013
Na wa o! If you feel this way, imagine how the mother feels. Hmmm...Just be there for the mother, and try not to talk about the loss too much. What exactly are you feeling sad about? For the parents or that you miss the girl or maybe something the incident taught you about life.

1 Like

Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by bestower: 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
[quote
author=baby_123]Na wa o! If you feel this way, imagine how the mother
feels. Hmmm...Just be there for the mother, and try not to talk about
the loss too much. What exactly are you feeling sad about? For the
parents or that you miss the girl or maybe something the incident taught
you about life.[/quote]The late girl was very close to me because my baby of three years used to play with her and we jokingly call them husband and wife,the closeness between the two families is beyond ordinary friendship but has developed to form blood-relationship.Sometimes,my little boy always ask of her ever since the demise but found ways to ignore him.Till now i still believe she was my unborn baby.
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by biolabee(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
GraceBestowed: I'm in a similar position, a friend of mine's sister died recently, and I just didn't know the words to say. When it happens to someone else, I'm careful so as not to undermine their pain, grief, and hurt!

I have been fortunate enough not to lose anyone close to me, I thank God every day. My first port of call is to go to God, and ask for His comfort, that's also the advice I give to others in the hope that they do it earnestly.

He definitely gives comfort in trying times.

@OP
May God comfort that family and you in this time of loss
Amin
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
It is really sad.loss is inevitable my dear.its a cross we all must carry.I lost my mum when I needed her most.2 days to my traditional marriage,death took her away from me.was on my way home and stopd over somewhere to do my hair wen I received that call.till date,even as I type,it has not been easy.I thank God for those that came and supportd me cos I was like a robot for months.its not easy at all.at times I will wake with soaked pillow and swollen eyes.I still miss her cos she never enjoyed d fruit of her hard labour and she has bn my best friend. @op,whenever she start talkin abt her lost child or cry,allow her and with time she will get over it but not entirely.like when I put to bed,I cried at d hospital cos my mum has been dreaming of bein there when it will happen.also pray for her.God will give her another one to console her with.
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by baby124: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
Oh i see. Well you have to be strong and see the whole event as the cycle of life. Some live long, most dont. Most of us here may not even live into our 80's. Sad but true. You cant be like this though, someone has to be strong for the grieving parents, even if it is to put up a front. With time, all things will pass. Just tell your son she has traveled. When he is old enough, you can tell him what really happened. sad

bestower: The late girl was very close to me because my baby of three years used to play with her and we jokingly call them husband and wife,the closeness between the two families is beyond ordinary friendship but has developed to form blood-relationship.Sometimes,my little boy always ask of her ever since the demise but found ways to ignore him.Till now i still believe she was my unborn baby.
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by tasandra: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
@Op,sorry abt that..may God console u all sad
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by greatgod2012(f): 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
@op, sorry for the loss, may God give you and the parent the fortitude to bear the loss.

@ other bereaved fellows, sorry about your loss, such is life.
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by bestower: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2013
Yellowpawpaw,ur contribution made me to realise that love and affections still exists btw some members of this forum,thanks for ur little piece of advise i really cherish it.
Re: When Someone You Loved Dies. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
bestower: Yellowpawpaw,ur contribution made me to realise that love and affections still exists btw some members of this forum,thanks for ur little piece of advise i really cherish it.
Saluta darling!

(1) (Reply)

71 Year Old Hanged Himself Over Young Lady Gold Digger / How Many Of You Know Your Parents Age And Date Of Birth? / She Conceived, It Was Beyond Believe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.