Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T (1433 Views)

New Photo Of Patience Jonathan / Nigeria Military warns Nigerian on Cluster Bombs / Lol Caption This Photo Of Patience Jonathan And Rotimi Amaechi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Truckpusher(m): 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
With an unusual grandstanding and harsh words, the Nigerian military today warned political office holders and civil servants that the nation’s armed forces are already running out of patience with the manner things are going in the country especially the unbridled looting of public funds and undue interference in the runnings of military operations.

Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Admiral Ola Sa’ad Ibrahim and the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika issued the threats separately today though in a manner that suggests that their decision to make the declaration was predetermined and coordinated. They both spoke in their offices in Abuja while receiving the new Permanent Secretary posted to the Ministry of Defence, Aliyu Ismaila. The CDS who fired the first shot at the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) categorically declared that the military was fast running out of patience with the “pile of mess” being created in the polity as reflected in the runnings of the Ministry of Defence.

“You find too many stories about grandstanding, stories about procurement. I hope your tour of duty will focus on these issues. I will close this my response by saying that you inherited a pile of work, let me call it work, some call it pile of mess. You have to clear it up”, the CDS warned while referring to the corruption rooted in the MOD.

Also speaking in the same tone, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Azubuike Ihejirika warned that the military have had enough from political office holders in the MOD interfering in their operational issues. He condemned the practice where civilians in the ministry preside over the procurement of military logistics and operations vehicles amongst others without the involvement of relevant service chiefs.

“Your appointment has come at a time we require a lot of improvement in defence affairs. Some of our operations are not taken into consideration in the making of the budget. For a nation that has experienced peace for so long, a lot of things are taken for granted”, the COAS stated, adding that at the moment the Nigerian Army lacks adequate operations vehicles, accommodation, arms and ammunitions amongst others because of bureaucratic bottlenecks.

In his response, the Permanent Secretary told Ihejirika that, “the mandate of the ministry of Defence is to provide services to you and I am here with a sincere heart to provide support to you. There is a challenge and by the responsibility I am carrying, I plead with you for support to carry this responsibility. I am coming at a time that there are great challenges, great expectations from you. Yes, there are challenges of friction between the ministry and you, but I assure you that this is a thing of the past.

“The Chief of Defence Staff talked about quality of staff. I have briefed all my Directors that there is a wind of change. It is no more business as usual. Whatever needs to be done must be done properly. I came with a name and I want to go back with that name and I will not allow anybody to deter my determination.”

While assuring the COAS that he has noted the areas the military officers want to be carried along which include “finance, procurement and other logistics areas” the new Perm. Sec. said “immediately after my meeting with you, I intend to hold meetings with Directors and set timeline for all we do. In areas of procurement, these are areas of your needs. You know what you want and who can do the best for you. Anything that has to do with procurement, I will personally discuss it with you to give you what you want. There will be no more friction. Should you have any issues, please Sir, feel free to call me and discuss with me.”

Source:www.ireports-ng.com
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by otokx(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
55 views and yet no comment.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
otokx: 55 views and yet no comment.
Misleading title
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Truckpusher(m): 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2013
otokx: 55 views and yet no comment.
It wasn't written by me.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Truckpusher: It wasn't written by me.

Who was it written by? tongue
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Truckpusher(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
Tashamania:

Who was it written by? tongue
I know you guys wanna whoop ma azz for posting a topic with a dumb title grin grin
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
Φkγ̲̣̣̥,COAS anϑ his counterpart,I think there Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ excecutive overlapping anϑ it needs τ̲̅ȍ b curtailed.So, ¥♡̨̐υ̲ people should call d excecutive τ̲̅ȍ order.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Truckpusher: I know you guys wanna whoop ma azz for posting a topic with a dumb title grin grin

I think I personally would wanna whoop your azz for something more tongue
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Maxymilliano(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
Truckpusher: I know you guys wanna whoop ma azz for posting a topic with a dumb title grin grin

Not just the title bro, a questionable source you got.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by malele(m): 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by eduson33(m): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
front page MOD..

Make their patience run out sharp sharp ,,,

military regime better pass this nonsense them dey do
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Truckpusher(m): 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
Tashamania:

I think I personally would wanna whoop your azz for something more tongue
and what is that mademoiselle?
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
Truckpusher: and what is that mademoiselle?

Misleading title tonguetongue
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by redsun(m): 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
Every time I see nigerian socalled statesmen and women,I see some sickly and grumpy looking retarrded thieves. Their appearance literally shows they have nothing constructive in their fat headeads. They look like foo.ls.

Anenih looks like his is dying of stroke,while obj looks like an old baboon dying of bone disease. While timid looks like steroids inflated old malu.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Truckpusher(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
Tashamania:

Misleading title tonguetongue
What i posted was what i saw on the internet.....oya carry cane i lie down dey wait tongue tongue
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Truckpusher(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
redsun: Every time I see nigerian socalled statesmen and women,I see some sickly and grumpy looking retarrded thieves. Their appearance literally shows they have nothing constructive in their fat headeads. They look like foo.ls.

Anenih looks like his is dying of stroke,while obj looks like an old baboon dying of bone disease. While timid looks like steroids inflated old malu.
Take it easy bro ,we must build that which we would call our own with our own hands and it takes a lot of patience,perseverance ,dedication and patriotism to achieve that.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2013
Truckpusher: What i posted was what i saw on the internet.....oya carry cane i lie down dey wait tongue tongue

You know I wouldnt do that, not for anything. kiss kiss
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by SlyIg(f): 9:37am On Apr 20, 2013
eduson33: front page MOD..

Do you really kw d meaning of what you are saying?
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by eagleeye2: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2013
SlyIg:

Their is a cliche that the worst civilian regime (democracy) is better than the beest military regime.

But Nigeria's type of Civilian regime makes one to regret ever having a democracy. Our type of Democracy is way too expensive and coupled with the Looting Elite we the masses are done for.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by topmostg: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2013
eduson33: front page MOD..

i agree with you brother...
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by bknight: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2013
Another Nzeogwu? shocked

That won't do Nigeria well at all. Btw, he seems to be talking abt their internal affairs at d defense HQ. Their (military) interests Vs. Politicians' (minister's) interests

Calm down, I don't think there's any need for alarm. But this is a mischievous write up sha.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by Rossikk(m): 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
eagle,eye:

Their is a cliche that the worst civilian regime (democracy) is better than the beest military regime.

But Nigeria's type of Civilian regime makes one to regret ever having a democracy. Our type of Democracy is way too expensive and coupled with the Looting Elite we the masses are done for.
I wonder what it would take to get it into thick skulls like yours that military rule is a million times more corrupt and unaccountable than civilian. At least in civilian rule you will hear about who stole or misappropriated money, and seek redress or at least national assembly or media exposure. Under military rule you won't even know when anything is being stolen or by whom. If you ask questions, you get killed or disappeared. Be careful what you wish for.
Re: We’re Running Out Of Patience, Nigerian Military Warns Politicians…says ‘clear T by eduson33(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
is this a question?
so i dont know and am here saying it?

abeg,make them take it back..the only thing be say,we go suffer a lil intimidation**for those who no get respect**
but at least,niaja will be in order,well disciplined.

no be say them go commission you for road,you chop the money clean mouth.
them go use koboko commot am from your mouth.

abeg,make them return for a while.
SlyIg:

(1) (Reply)

Wamakko Calls PDP Chairman Bamanga Tukur A ‘political Prostitute', May Join APC / Who Is Willy Obiano? / Can A Northern Christian/middle Belt Represent The North In The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.