Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback (25377 Views)

Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / Price To Ship Documents From Nigeria To USA Via UPS, DHL, FEDEX / Bad Experience with FedEx US to Nigeria Courier Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Originalsly: 11:00am On Apr 28, 2013
Nipost...shipped from the US ...small package experiences...good and bad. No problem in Aba. Lagos ... packages simply disappeared without a trace nor explanation .However...if shipping to the US I would recommend Nipost because it costs far less than UPS, FEDEX or DHL and would be delivered by the US Postal Service. FYI...most DHL parcels are delivered by USPS.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by gmcb: 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2013
@toluxa, thanks for d chrisvicmall stuff, but i dont do china, strictly usa or once in a 'red' moon uk.
For dav8id, lets respect his decision,sure he has reasons for not wanting to release d info.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by arbitrage: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
uk2me.com, myamericanshipper.com, global trend network gtn-ng.com, shopfromamerica, shopusashipinternational.com, etc

1 Like

Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by IseOluwa777(m): 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
arbitrage: uk2me.com, myamericanshipper.com, global trend network gtn-ng.com, shopfromamerica, shopusashipinternational.com, etc

Thanks for these...anyone else that focuses on Asia besides Chrisvicmall ?
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by 2jideofor(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2013
That guy is just an information marketer... Period!
gmcb: @toluxa, thanks for d chrisvicmall stuff, but i dont do china, strictly usa or once in a 'red' moon uk.
For dav8id, lets respect his decision,sure he has reasons for not wanting to release d info. That has only given me one more opportuinity to search d internet, mr google has bn wonderful in ds biz and so much more.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by IseOluwa777(m): 10:19am On May 06, 2013
Mmm...finally tracked my Nipost package...first, Nipost Ikeja informed me to try Nipost Abeokuta. So I sent someone there and they told me to try Nipost Redeemed Camp..well finally went there and was told my package had been there since the 18th of April - meaning total shipment time was roughly 5 weeks-not too bad considering it was free shipping.

Well the package had been opened (unlike my experiences with DHL so far)..perhaps for customs clearance but the contents were intact.

I was charged 500 naira parcel clearance fee and was not forced to pay anything else...I just appreciated the staff personally.

Apparently the delay was my faoult as the phone number they were trying to reach me on was not reachable (i forgot it was switched off).

Kudos to Nipost for honest service (in my experience).

I just might change my mind and use them again..for non critical inexpensive packages sha. grin
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by dreu2fine(m): 1:19pm On May 06, 2013
I read tru all ur megs i an interested in doin bizens dea in china or vietnam or japan,wish of dem is ok for me ,wt less shipin charges,i av not done it b4,i want to ship in used plasma,lcd n led flact screens,can any1 put me tru?may tru d sites or d country or can i go my self to china ,infact i need an advise. Do call me i dont com always online.08034595985
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by adeola250: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2013
Its funny the gimmick that EMS plays this days, its a confirmed observation that corruption is really under the skin of nipost workers, whenever my package arrives they will put on the tracking details that i requested pick up, instead of delivery. The say something like this" Your item could not be delivered on June 6, 2013 at 7:30 am in NIGERIA due to the addressee requesting pick up. It is being held while the addressee is notified." Then they would send a message and when you arrive the charge you money which is for their self.

* they save money meant for distribution.
* the fabricate messages claiming the recipient asked the parcel be picked up for them while they never attempted a delivery.
* the whole reason they asked you to pick ur parcel, is so they have the full advantage of charging and extorting you.
* they gain twice, 1.approved distribution cost embezzeled, 2.extort naïve citizen.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by mapumpin(m): 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
good day everyone in house.....just want to contribute and also get more advise on how to received package from America in NY..... in April my wife living in NY send some stuff to me, containing the new samsung galaxy s4, 4 t-shirt and some body wash and soup. she use USPS to send it to me here in lagos. i was told it will get here in 5 working days, but never get here until the 10th day. when i track it shows arrive Nigeria. i quickly go to post office at marina to clime my stuff, i was shock wen i open the box, the Samsung galaxy phone has been s toiling wat was inside is T-MOBILE phone, 3 t-shirt was also taking from the box i only got one, and d body soup n the rest stuff.....insurance paid back for the phone, now she's planning to resend it to me, just want to know if DHL will be nice courier to use, abeg make una yan me more
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by IseOluwa777(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
@Mapumpin, yes dhl should be okay..at least they wont steal your stuff though they may charge you depending on what value is in the package.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by mapumpin(m): 9:39am On Jul 11, 2013
@iseoluwa777, well i believe so and am counting on them to serve me better...... although she was in labor some weeks back, she gave it to someone to ship to me thru dhl, the person made alot of mistake and the package was stop at d port in NY......she went back last week to correct the mistake, now have been expecting it since then, she went back on monday they said i will get it before weekend.......just want to know if dhl will deliver it or i will have to go to there office??
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Originalsly: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
mapumpin: @iseoluwa777, well i believe so and am counting on them to serve me better...... although she was in labor some weeks back, she gave it to someone to ship to me thru dhl, the person made alot of mistake and the package was stop at d port in NY......she went back last week to correct the mistake, now have been expecting it since then, she went back on monday they said i will get it before weekend.......just want to know if dhl will deliver it or i will have to go to there office??
"..she went back last week to correct the mistake"...which she?..your wife or the person she sent to mail the parcel? I see red flags. If something is not right with the parcel they wouldn't accept it in the first place or...if they do and customs reject it it will be returned to sender. Is no way you going anywhere to correct any mistake. I suspect the person she sent is doing something fishy. Don't be surprised if the content is switched.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by rabdeluxe(m): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
Good to see a thread like this here.. I have been exepecting 2 packages sent via USPS/EMS same day, same time and from te same person from the usa. I kept tracking it and finally when it got to post office, I received one and asking for the other, they told me only 1 parcel delivered on my label. When I got home, hours later I try tracking it online again.. Then the result was that I have received both parcel... Please what Your review about this?
Thanks
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Originalsly: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Go back with both tracking numbers. Ask to speak to a supervisor/manager. The would be able to say who scanned both parcels delivered and who signed for them. If iys the same ckerk.... yoi should know what to do!

2 Likes

Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by IseOluwa777(m): 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
rabdeluxe: Good to see a thread like this here.. I have been exepecting 2 packages sent via USPS/EMS same day, same time and from te same person from the usa. I kept tracking it and finally when it got to post office, I received one and asking for the other, they told me only 1 parcel delivered on my label. When I got home, hours later I try tracking it online again.. Then the result was that I have received both parcel... Please what Your review about this?
Thanks

My advice..avoid the post office like the plague..You just can never tell what will happen. Couriers will cost money but they rarely dare to do the brazen thefts common through the post office.

1 Like

Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by mapumpin(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2013
@iseoluwa777, my wife went back after she deliver a bouncing baby boy for me, you also mention if the person she sent to help her out will try to do something fishy, well the answer is no, it was her sister that went to send it and made error, dis american people are so dumb sorry to say, common stuff is so hard for them to do, very lazy people LOL............but still waiting on DHL to call me or deliver it because they told her the stuff is now in Nigeria....................
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by mapumpin(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2013
@rabdeluxe bros u beta act very fast becuz naija people hmmmmm u know now wat can happen, wen i was expecting samsung galaxy s4 they change it to t-mobile phone, i lost all my stuff using usps/ems..........bros go back with your tracking and ask for whoever update the site that both of your package has been deliver, they are all thief's..........you can trust anybody but only yourself...........i have lost more then 3million since last year october, my wife 2 big logged was stolen on her first visit to nigeria with everything missing at our own international airport, i sue the airline company which is Arik air but never got anything back, fucking people........i don't trust anybody again in dis so called country if not myself nobody else, they are all suspect, shine ur eyes

2 Likes

Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by rabdeluxe(m): 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
sadThank You all for Your advice ... I shal be there first thing on monday morning.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by alingo4life: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Folks i need your advice on this.I ship packages from the United States.Mostly Golf apparels,Golf gloves and golf shirts.And Global-trend network is the shipper i use in shipping to Nigeria.I mean GTN.However before my package gets to GTN Office in new-york,I have them shipped to the apartments of my American Friends in the US and they therefore do the
consolidation for me and i have it shipped to GTN.I do this because GTN does not consolidate,so as to make my bills cheaper i ship to Friends apartment and then ship to GTN when am ready to move them.
However i just decided to use mail forwarding companies instead of friend's apartment.I got to know about myus.com,myamericanshipper.com,shopusashipinternational.com,shopfromamerica.com.However which of these underlisted companies do you think is the best.Which one has anybody used and can recommend for me.I have read reviews about myus.com and it seems they are the best,but i still want to consider some others.like /www.myamericanshipper.com,seems they have lots of freebies which i dont know if it's true or not..Peeps anybody that has used these Guys should please tell me their do's and don'ts..
Thanks House..
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by biznessman(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hello fam, pls can anyone help me with useful information on how to collect my goods set of (Brazilian hair) @ the DHL office as I was charges 38k for sumtin dat is just 20k, pls help me as I knw da tru dis useful thread that most DHL officer and custom are theives,
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by bigtymer: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
The import gurus............pls which mode of payment is the best options now in ALIEXPRESS and other china store...is it UBA Afrikard or Gtb master card ? AND also can fidelity debit visa card be accepted? THX AS I AWAIT UR SWIFT RESPONSE.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by bigtymer: 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
biznessman: Hello fam, pls can anyone help me with useful information on how to collect my goods set of (Brazilian hair) @ the DHL office as I was charges 38k for sumtin dat is just 20k, pls help me as I knw da tru dis useful thread that most DHL officer and custom are theives,

@ bizman ....pls help me with this question as you are one of import gurus............pls which mode of payment is the best options now in ALIEXPRESS and other china store...is it UBA Afrikard or Gtb master card ? AND also can fidelity debit visa card be accepted? THX AS I AWAIT UR SWIFT RESPONSE.

my email....wakeupbigtymer@gmail.com
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by biznessman(m): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2013
grin
bigtymer: The import gurus............pls which mode of payment is the best options now in ALIEXPRESS and other china store...is it UBA Afrikard or Gtb master card ? AND also can fidelity debit visa card be accepted? THX AS I AWAIT UR SWIFT RESPONSE.

@bigtymer am am not an import guru, although I wish I am, am a 1st tymer and my goods is actually still held by the customs and being asked to pay a very crazy amount on custom duty, I also am in nid of help from the so called gurus, my advice for u is to use gtb master card although I use my banks master debit card which is stanbic ibtc.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by biznessman(m): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
hayoakins: I imported 20pcs of human hair, only for DHL to demand for 48k as custom duty, after consultation with Importation Gurus on Nairaland, the likes of Cashmed(can't rememember the correct ID) and Naijamarketplace(can't remember his nairaland ID), I threatened DHL and escalated the issue to the management via email...I got several calls and had to pay 25k.

That was actually the second order, I wasn't charged for the first which makes me wonder why the sudden demand for custom duty, I never visited their office and got my goods after paying the duty...am done with DHL anyway cos the demand notice sent to me was on DHL's letter head and not Custom, how am I sure someone is playing a fast one
@hayoakins pls I am in a similar situation, mine is 18pcs and d dhl customs r requesting N38,000 pls your kind info on how to go about this is badly needed, I have even been to their office but couldn't see anyone particular in charge. Pls ur advice is needed, anyone with useful help and info pls do, as I don't know what I can possibly do b4 it gets out of hands, Thanks
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
Um um......wonders
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by texaco1: 4:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Na wah oooo
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by greatfa4(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2013
y
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by kobenol(m): 1:27am On Oct 18, 2013
Dear fellas, how about using a P.O. box for China shipping.
At least one would'nt teleport post offices about, looking for where it's actually held up. (Apologies @IseOluwa777)
I did my first buy on Aliexpress a few days back, free shipping with China Post. I'll simply bank on NIPOST for the safe delivery in the Box.
Can someone enlighten upon the Customs saga. Will they really seek to collect excise on all delivered goodies, how do they do this? Stationed at the post office or what?
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by davies007: 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
as in, the WORST OF ALL IS CORPORATE MESSENGERS WORLDWIDE INC. THESE GUYS ARE BIG TIME SCAMMERS. I SHIPPED GOODS WORTH OVER 400GBP WITH THEM, WAS INFORMED IT HAD ARRIVED AND WAS BEING CLEARED. AS SOON AS I HAD MADE PAYMENT FOR MY FREIGHT. I WAS SENT AN EMAIL THAT MY SHIPMENT WAS MISSING AND THEY APOLOGIZE FOR IT. THAT I SHOULD HOPE ITS FOUND. AND SHOULD MY ITEMS NOT BE FOUND, THEIR LIABILITY TO EACH SHIPMENT IS $25 AND THAT'S ALL THEY WOULD GIVE ME!!
I AM READY TO GIVE THEM HELL TILL THEY GIVE ME MY GOODS OR ALL MY MONEY ON THOSE GOODS. THAT'S ABOUT 2 CAR SEATS AMONGST OTHER ITEMS .

PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A GREAT FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM CORPORATE MESSENGERS OR OREGUN FREIGHT AS THEY CALL THEIR NIGERIA OFFICE.

I WILL BE BACK WITH THE NONCHALANT AND INFURIATING EMAILS THEY SENT ME. I CAN SEE THIS MATTER REACHING THE COURT!!!
IseOluwa777:

As I write , I am currently chasing a ship
ment at a Nipost office I unwittingly sent through Nipost from China. Tracking indicates "unsuccessful delivery" after over a month it has been in Nigeria. Seller said I should follow up the local courier-Nipost.

Never again will I try China or Hong Kong free shipping. Its not worth it for business n this part of the world.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by teecuzy(m): 3:14am On Nov 21, 2013
Hello importers,
I have read all your experiences, am here to share mine.
Last 3months I ordered 60 pieces of men's steel watches and I was slammed a custom duty of N25000, because of the fear of customs confisticating my goods, I paid.
Now I want to import 15 laptops using DHL, and I am scared of using DHL because they might give an outrageous custom duty. And I am also afraid of thirdparty shipping coy because they own fees self is too much and they calculate dollar for you at N167 per $.
If you know a way can use DHL and still avoid unreasonable duties, please be free to leave your replies.

Thanx
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Tonjeola1(m): 7:50am On Nov 21, 2013
teecuzy: Hello importers,
Last 3months I ordered 60 pieces of men's steel watches and I was slammed a custom duty of N25000, because of the fear of customs confisticating my goods, I paid.
Now I want to import 15 laptops using DHL, and I am scared of using DHL because they might give an outrageous custom duty. And I am also afraid of thirdparty shipping coy because they own fees self is too much and they calculate dollar for you at N167 per $.
If you know a way can use DHL and still avoid unreasonable duties, please be free to leave your replies.

Thanx
The 60 men's steel watches you order, what means of shipping you used?
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by dav8id(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2013
teecuzy: Hello importers,

Thanx
sorry for your bad experiences with custom and DHL. Here is a simple trick , creat myDHL account, next contact dhl through your mydhl account profile and request for account number, they will not send you the account number but instead they will call you through phone and ask you some question related to the what you want to import, never reveal to the agent what you are importing just told him you need import account number. The account number will not be giving to you but they will tell you what to do, whatever what they tell you forget about it . Instead tell him you want to meet him in person and discuss personal issue, I guest younknowmwhat I mean? You guys agree and meet each other , tell him your mind and he will surely show you way out. I will not like to reveal,it here cost dhl agent are also on nairaland and it will affect me in person. Not when filling your info on mydhl account, put in your real info course DHL nearest office to agent will call you on phone and that will make it easier for you to meet each other.

Never mind to ask me what mydhl account mean just google search it .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Will Cost Me To Send A Letter From Nigeria To USA? / I Have N15,000 To Invest. How Do I Go About It? / How To Set Up Ur Own Small Scale Paint Production Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.