Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? (1120 Views)

Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! / How Can I Sell My Idea? (A Kind Of Dog Toy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by chux76(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
I have a well thought-out and researched idea for a project I believe will be a hit and I am contemplating sending out proposals for sponsorship to Multinational companies and some International Organizations(WHO,UNDP,etc)with offices in Nigeria as well,but I want to protect this idea to avoid it being stolen or being coveted by any individual/organization.
I need advice on what to do...Tnx y'all
Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by sunnydayasaba(m): 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
Their is absolutely no way you can protect such, The only thing that can be protected by PATENT is design work....As for ideas, I suggest you just make up your mind and see what happens, Don't be too scared to share it with d right people, Just add a little trust and watch it work for u..All d best
Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by PasNet: 4:49am On Apr 18, 2013
In addition, that "idea" you feel you're nursing is aLready getting implemented my someone else some where, so wake up and do something about that idea you've got, it's a risk and everything in this life is RISK!!! I nursed the idea of internet modems long before it became popular, but because I don't have the funds, some else who's got the funds came up and implemented it, you just have to take the Lead by taking the risk. Then, do not give up when you see your idea getting off your idea shelf without your consent, you win some and you loss some, be an idea bank. You can come up with a design/structure/application and the copy write it as print that another way you can protect your idea, you should also think of improving on the idea, more like a back up plan. You're the best at what you do just that you have to many idea banks on the same challenge
Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by chux76(m): 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
@PasNet @sunnydayasaba
I really do appreciate your contribution. Its been helpful
Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by Ebestsmscom: 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
The only way you can protect your idea is by TAKING ACTION IMMEDIATELY.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by Manutd19: 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Are you even sure the idea is urs? Are you sure you didn't see it somewhere? Are you sure you are the only one with the idea?
Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by Gbengazzee(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
@ Chux76

Well thought of you. It is good to get your idea protected. I know a friend who is an Intellectual Property officer who can be of service if you wish. Its through him i got to know that ideas can be protected at the Nigeria Copyright Commission.
Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by chux76(m): 10:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ebestsms.com:
The only way you can protect your idea is by TAKING ACTION IMMEDIATELY.
I don't want to be hasty but your advice is noted...will do that immediately

Manutd19: Are you even sure the idea is urs? Are you sure you didn't see it somewhere? Are you sure you are the only one with the idea?
As far as I am concerned the IDEA was conceived by me and not a replica of anyone's idea...but as we all know Nature drops ideas into everyone's head almost every sec so its who takes action(quoting Ebestsms) that reaps its benefits.

Gbengazzee: @ Chux76

Well thought of you. It is good to get your idea protected. I know a friend who is an Intellectual Property officer who can be of service if you wish. Its through him i got to know that ideas can be protected at the Nigeria Copyright Commission.

Pls shed more light on this Intellectual Property officer thang..I am very interested. Tnx
Re: How Do I Guard Against My Idea Being Stolen?? by omogidi234(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
short notes on idea protection.

1. trademark- to protect name or brand or logo from being stolen
2. copyright- to protect book, music, art work from being stolen
3. patent- to protect an idea or invention. The invention could be yours originally or you are improving on someone's idea
4. design - used to protect industrial design et al.

1, 3 & 4 are done at Trade Marks office while the Nigerian Copyright Commission is saddled with the task of registering 2.

locate under which heading your idea would be protected.

(1) (Reply)

How Do L Market My E-book? / Where Can I Buy Wholesales Of Ladies Dress, Tops, Skirts Nd Trousers In Lagos. / What Business Can One Start With N200,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.