Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials (11052 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Oshiomhole Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Rapists-punch / Boko Haram Calls For Election Boycott, Jonathan Seeks US Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by backtosender: 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
FG Seeks 10 year imprisonment for pension thieves

*Send long Prison term Bill to National Assembly.
**Seeks not less than 10-year Imprisonment for Pension Thieves.
**Fines, should not less than 3-times of the amount stolen.
**Consulting on introducing both Life and Death Penalty for Corrupt Officials.
**instructs the Accountant-General to pay all Pension to individual Bank accounts.

Tougher times await pension thieves as the Federal Government has proposed stiffer penalties for persons or organisations involved in the mismanagement and embezzlement of pension funds.

The proposal was contained in a bill forwarded by President Goodluck Jonathan to the National Assembly yesterday.

Part of the bill read, “Any Pension Fund Administrator or Pension Fund Custodian or person or body, who misappropriates or diverts pension funds, commits an offence under this Act.

“The individual or group will also be liable on conviction to a fine of an amount equal to three times the amount misappropriated or diverted, or to a term of not less than 10 years or both the fine and imprisonment.”

“The bill also instructs the Accountant-General of the Federation to make payment of retirement benefits directly into individual bank accounts of retired persons covered under Section 5 of the Act. Details of such payment should be submitted to the Commission and the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate of the Federation and FCT.

The Shock of the day, was that news that President Goodluck Jonathan is also consulting on the Idea to introduce another bill soon that will give either Life and Death Penalty for Corrupt people who through their act have deprived millions of Nigerian to opportunity to have or live a decent live.

“I hereby introduce for formal consideration and enactment into law by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the Pension Reform Bill.

“While I hope that the bill receives the usual expeditious attention of the members of the Senate, please accept; distinguished Senate my highest regards," President Jonathan concluded.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-seeks-10-year-imprisonment-for-pension-thieves/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by playmode(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
Is this real? Do you have a source for this?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nuzo1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
There seem to be light at the end of the tunnel for Nigeria and Nigerians anyway.

I love this development!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by CyberG: 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Without any reference to any source, people are believing this new fresh fart? Most Nigerians are just too gullible!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Ikology(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
^ Even if there is a source.You will find a means to label it clueless.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Sibrah: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
C-O-R-R-E-C-T-I-O-N
2015:Jonathan fronts real hard, declares war on corrupt few and self.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
na today
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by vizboy(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
SOURCE AND IF THIS IS TRUE IT WILL BE A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT. Hope the senate pass the bill
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by billante(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
SOURCE
http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/news/item/21574-fg-seeks-10-year-imprisonment-for-pension-thieves

Major papers should start reporting it by evening or tomorrow papers!
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by thelastPope(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by KingGeorge1: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
whatever it is!!! i see "HOPE"
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by ITbomb(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
billante: SOURCE
http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/news/item/21574-fg-seeks-10-year-imprisonment-for-pension-thieves

I will wait till they report before I comment.
I dont want police to issue a denial that there was no gunshot but a loud sound

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
GEJ is the Best thing to happen to Nigeria;

He is moving at rocket speed compared to Yaradua!
He is a clean slate regarding corruption compared to Lion of Bourdillon!
He is extravagantly humble compared to OHBEEJAH
He has done it again, no room for pension thieves, we call it, Zero tolerance on Corruption.

We do not need a Buhari to fight corruption, we already have a Supernova on the move!

We all love GEJ, except the mosquitoes and nematodes! Approve this Bill without delays, Oh my Legislooters.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by newpaparazzi(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2013

A few dailies reported it this morning.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Pataki: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gullible Nigerians!

Fake story, who does not know this ain't just real and true.

Jonathan can never fight corruption. He does not give a damn remember?!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by vizboy(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2013

modify you head post and put it there

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by vizboy(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pataki: Gullible Nigerians!

BAD BELLE

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by ITbomb(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2013

I can see you are disappointed.
Breath the Fresh Air 2015.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by vizboy(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
Just saw these in daily sun page 7
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by hiltop2: 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: GEJ is the Best thing to happen to Nigeria;

He has done it again, no room for pension thieves, we call it, Zero tolerance on Corruption.

We do not need a Buhari to fight corruption, we already have a Supernova on the move!

We all love GEJ, except the mosquitoes and nematodes! Approve this Bill without delays, Oh my Legislooters.

Why Pension scheme only? what about subsidy scam? what about Ribadu Panel Report and recommendations?

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: GEJ is the Best thing to happen to Nigeria;

Yaradua was clueless and slow... God forgive me
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
Tales by moonlight! GEJ goes hard on bla bla bla? I laff in Maina style.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by gratiaeo(m): 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
Not until i loot my own
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
gratiaeo: Not until i loot my own
na your type de damage this country.. I'll find you and I'll kill you

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by talktimi(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
CyberG: Without any reference to any source, people are believing this new fresh fart? Most Nigerians are just too gullible!
its in todays Punch newspapers
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by gratiaeo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
sheyie2007: na your type de damage this country.. I'll find you and I'll kill you
Thanks for the compliment.
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by BadAttitude(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2013

Will you accept it if it was true or look for another excuse to base your rejection?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
hiltop!:

Why Pension scheme only? what about subsidy scam? what about Ribadu Panel Report and recommendations?
Gradual is permanent progress, good things do not happen overnight except Sex with olosho. Go figure!

Fresh Air!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by tomakint: 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Definitely, Jonathan is not clueless as widely acclaimed by 'wannabes' on Nairaland! undecided
Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by tomakint: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2013

Pataki! Pataki!! Pataki!!! You have started again on the wrong foot grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Will wait till i see such bill see the light of DAY

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials by Elueme: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ok, good one. I knew boy Jona will shame haters. But what other manifesto will jihad ayatollah muh'd Buhari have na? Boy JONA wicked o, chei!. Fresh Air, 2015 grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu, 1 Year After: Protest At Nigeria’s High Commission In London / Akpabio Inaugurates Phase II Of Ibom International Airport / Amina Mohammed Meets With Uhuru Kenyatta - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.