Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials (25405 Views)

El-Rufai Buys Car For Adamu Barde Kagarko, APC Media Agent In Kaduna / Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / Senate Committee Recommends Suspension Of Ndume For 6 Months, Clears Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by iliyande(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
Member, House of Representatives, Chikun/Kajuru federal constituency of Kaduna State, under Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Umar Yakubu Barde, has advocated for the amputation of the hands of those who have looted public funds in the country.

He said those who stole millions of naira should have their hands amputated, while those who have looted in the billions of naira should be hanged to death.

Speaking yesterday at a press conference with Kaduna State chapter of correspondents chapel of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Barde said some members of the lower chamber who are of like mind are already looking at the possibility of putting such a law in place to make it legal.

To this end, the lawmaker called for a special court rather than the conventional court to try and sentence looters of public monies to the prescribed capital punishment.

He said “I am a believer in the fact that people should be punished for whatever offence they commit. And I am also of the belief that punishment should also be segregated according to the offence. At least your punishment should be commensurate with what you have done.

“For me, if someone steals from N1 million to N100 million, they should cut his hands. There is nothing wrong with that, so that when we see him, we will know yes, he stole. And those that steal billions upward should be hanged and their property confiscated.

“You can imagine this issue of arms deal. If you knew this money was meant for the procurement of arms, weapons, (consider) if you have a brother in the Army, he is sent to the war front and because his weapons are archaic and he is killed. Do you now want to have sympathy for someone who knows that the money was meant for arms and he pocketed it? It is so painful, we have lost loved ones.

“If I am a judge and such a person is brought before me, I will confisticate his property and make sure he is killed also. Because he bears fault in the blood of the people killed in the war front.

“We are living in a very funny country where people steal N1,000 and they are put in jail for years. And where some people will steal billions and use that same billion to escape justice. That is not good enough.

“If you look at the quantum of corruption in the country today, we are just talking about Dasukigate, and look at the quantum of money and the number of people that are involved. You have not gone to the ministries yet. You have not even gone to the states and it is only ICPC and EFCC that are to do all these jobs.

“If we are fair to ourselves, the work is overwhelming. And you know, people will want to use the legal system to delay Justice, and that is what is happening today. So, why don’t we have dedicated courts to handle all these corruption cases, so that justice could be dispensed quickly?

“I am aware of former Governors who have cases with the EFCC and they have not gone to court for the past eight years. So, this does not encourage the young people. It rather encourages them to steal.

“So, I think we need to put our heads together because corruption, like hunger, does not know party, it does not know tribe of religion. We must as Nigerians take a very bold stand.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/dasukigate-northern-lawmaker-recommends-amputation-hanging-for-corrupt-government-officials/

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by divinehand2003(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hahahahaha
Imagine Dasuki or Metuh undergoing amputation!!!!
Na die be that so oooo

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by georjay(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
Not bad at all....
make them castrate them too...

they might also consider using them for medical research purposes...

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by iliyande(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
recommendation endorsed cheesy

#iliyande

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by DULLARDipo: 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hehehehe! Gradually, the hidden Islamization agenda is coming to light grin grin

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by mcee1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by mcee1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
DULLARDipo:
Hehehehe! Gradually, the hidden Islamization agenda is coming to light grin grin
LAWD dash this IPOB sense

195 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by emamos: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
iliyande:
Member, House of Representatives, Chikun/Kajuru federal constituency of Kaduna State, under Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Umar Yakubu Barde, has advocated for the amputation of the hands of those who have looted public funds in the country.

He said those who stole millions of naira should have their hands amputated, while those who have looted in the billions of naira should be hanged to death.

Speaking yesterday at a press conference with Kaduna State chapter of correspondents chapel of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Barde said some members of the lower chamber who are of like mind are already looking at the possibility of putting such a law in place to make it legal.

To this end, the lawmaker called for a special court rather than the conventional court to try and sentence looters of public monies to the prescribed capital punishment.

He said “I am a believer in the fact that people should be punished for whatever offence they commit. And I am also of the belief that punishment should also be segregated according to the offence. At least your punishment should be commensurate with what you have done.

“For me, if someone steals from N1 million to N100 million, they should cut his hands. There is nothing wrong with that, so that when we see him, we will know yes, he stole. And those that steal billions upward should be hanged and their property confiscated.

“You can imagine this issue of arms deal. If you knew this money was meant for the procurement of arms, weapons, (consider) if you have a brother in the Army, he is sent to the war front and because his weapons are archaic and he is killed. Do you now want to have sympathy for someone who knows that the money was meant for arms and he pocketed it? It is so painful, we have lost loved ones.

“If I am a judge and such a person is brought before me, I will confisticate his property and make sure he is killed also. Because he bears fault in the blood of the people killed in the war front.

“We are living in a very funny country where people steal N1,000 and they are put in jail for years. And where some people will steal billions and use that same billion to escape justice. That is not good enough.

“If you look at the quantum of corruption in the country today, we are just talking about Dasukigate, and look at the quantum of money and the number of people that are involved. You have not gone to the ministries yet. You have not even gone to the states and it is only ICPC and EFCC that are to do all these jobs.

“If we are fair to ourselves, the work is overwhelming. And you know, people will want to use the legal system to delay Justice, and that is what is happening today. So, why don’t we have dedicated courts to handle all these corruption cases, so that justice could be dispensed quickly?

“I am aware of former Governors who have cases with the EFCC and they have not gone to court for the past eight years. So, this does not encourage the young people. It rather encourages them to steal.

“So, I think we need to put our heads together because corruption, like hunger, does not know party, it does not know tribe of religion. We must as Nigerians take a very bold stand.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/dasukigate-northern-lawmaker-recommends-amputation-hanging-for-corrupt-government-officials/
Click Likes if you support the emboldened

289 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by emamos: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2016
mcee1:
amen

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by FastShipping: 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
divinehand2003:
Hahahahaha
Imagine Dasuki or Metuh undergoing amputation!!!!
Na die be that so oooo

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by georjay(m): 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
mcee1:

you mean common sense

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
DULLARDipo:

The man is a pdp member. Do they (PDP) also have a hidden Islamic agenda?

iliyande:
sunnewsonline.com/new/dasukigate-northern-lawmaker-recommends-amputation-hanging-for-corrupt-government-officials/

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by chronos: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
Oga senator,keep quiet before you become an amputee..

4 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by emamos: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
lalasticlala,obinoscopy
Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by DULLARDipo: 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

The man is a pdp member. Do they (PDP) also have a hidden Islamic agenda?

I have no party affiliation, even though it's true I hate APC for their lies and propaganda. An average northerner wants Nigeria to be an Islamic state, APC or PDP.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
DULLARDipo:

I have no party affiliation, even though it's true I hate APC for their lies and propaganda. An average northerner wants Nigeria to be an Islamic state, APC or PDP?

2 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by mcee1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
georjay:

you mean common sense
Lol Yes na. They don't have anygrin

9 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by merry02(m): 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
Is Nigeria an Islamic country? Too poor

7 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by tsdarkside(m): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
iliyande:

hardcore!!!...now,our goverment is making sense.....this people are completly poisined with the vanity of this world....better get rid of them,before they infect all of us!!!...

stealing is not corruption,my foot.....

i hope jonathan never said: stealing is not corruption
till today i can not believe he said that....it doesnt make sense!!!!...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by tsdarkside(m): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
DULLARDipo:
[s][/s]
Get behind me, ye Yoloba coward!

go hug a banana-tree,you biafrauudian................

22 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by DULLARDipo: 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
[s]
tsdarkside:

go hug a banana-tree,you biafrauudian................
[/s]
Just go hide under your brown roof grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by Opinedecandid(m): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Barbaric.

Where did these guys emanate from?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by rahman8(f): 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
lol
Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by dukie25: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Start the amputation with Babangida, Buhari, Abdulsalami, Shagari etc. The entire Northern oligarchs would all be walking with amputated limbs.

13 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by kimond101: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
I agree and concur a little!

The amputation of hands is not the main issue.
It's more of a preventive measure than corrective measure.
If I as a government official know my hands would be cut off if I steal, I would think twice.
When I see someone whose hands had been cut off I would not want to steal.
And yes you don't need to have any fear if you have no skeleton in your cupboard.

The only disadvantage is that there is no good judicial system. Some people may be framed and then as you know they don't sell human spare parts for market.

18 Likes

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by DirtyGold: 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
I concur

1 Like

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by Profkomolafe(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials by scarffield(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
Plx is dasuki a gateman
Cox i dnt understand wer dix dasukigate thing is coming from!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari To Drag Fayose To Court If He Fails To Retract His Statements / O’tega Emerhor: Omo-agege On His Way Back To PDP After Destroying Delta APC / Okorocha: Hausas Can Win Election Without Igbos, Hence The Hausa-Yoruba Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.