Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! (248086 Views)

Poll: What's your verdict?

These bad people are lying against the man of God.: 50% (130 votes)
There's a strong possibility that allegations are true.: 49% (129 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Agbada/Native (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by tkb417(m): 9:50am On Apr 10, 2008
Na wa o
People talking without fear? nyways, me i no get liver and i go shut my mouth.
What if the man is not fake? dont u think u have the wrath of God already on ur head?

If the man is fake, then we should leave God to deal with him.
Chikena

However, der is nothing wrong if hes called upon to answer questions to clear up the mess. But, lets run from issues like this
Remember, one life to live
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by clemcykul(f): 10:38am On Apr 10, 2008
jesus healings through pastor kris is real.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by dedeguide(m): 10:59am On Apr 10, 2008
People have called many true Men of God fake from ages. Even Jesus Christ was called a devil .
Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar and many Pastors have been called fake before so it's not a new thing that our own Pastor Chris would be called a fake.
I don't beleive one single word from that supposedly disgruntled member. If Pastor Chris is a fake, it is not in South Africa that it would be discovered. It would have been discovered long before now right here in Naija as we are not mugus here.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bomata: 11:16am On Apr 10, 2008
QUOTE FROM:bluehorizo,

hmmm,this takes me back to those days when he was all over he Nigerian Tv Channels. He healed a blind man that was born blind and never seen before. The moment the blind man regained his sight the Pastor asked him what was the color of the tie he(pastor) was putting on. Guess what the answer was. BLUE. Alas! how could someone who was born blind know color? Na real waaaaa.

bluehorizo,look at you av u not lied.that incident did not happen in pastor chris crusade it was another church crusade,but do you know the response pastor chris gave to that when some people were saying all manner of nonsense and some lying about it that they saw it in one of his prog which though it wasnt in his prog.:NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD,IF A DONKEY CAN TALK. it is not impossible for that to happen.
Let me tell you,you cant figure out spiritual things with your senses just because u see the world around you and you u should think, that all about life.LIFE IS SPIRITUAL.
At times i wonder what people use there mouth to say.There are things that are to much for people to say they are high things which u dont get urself involve with.I have come to realise that people that critisize christians most and condemns are people that have identity problem,they are not focus they dont understand Gods vision and his purpose for mankind.Check out their lives and what they do u'll be amazed.Well hope is not lost GOD is still there for everyone till christ comes.
So, u can imagine if u bluehorizo can say what is not ,so there are others like you out there that can use their mouth say all manner of things.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 11:27am On Apr 10, 2008
lol

Carnal minds are easy to identify sha.

@Nwankwo

You said real miracles were rare. I sympathise with u because that's an insult to God and His words. Havent you read from the bible where Jesus said "Greater things shall YE do". If you expect miracles to be rare, it speaks volume for your level of ignorance. Miracles can never be rare! It's like saying "God's power is limited and works in rare cases" what a blasphemous statement!

As for the laughable allegation that a pastor offered a faceless lad R10,000 to pretend, I cant but laugh it off.

I was at the Night of bliss organized by Christ Embassy in Lagos some years ago. A terribly crippled man who was beside me went forward when Pastor Chris asked them to come out. He stood up, walked and ran!, Here was a man u needed no physiotherapist to help u confirm if he was crippled or not. This man shed tears of Joy!

May be the money they paid to this cripple energized his legs and made him walk?

The truth is that we blacks would rather believe miracles from a white man. If a cripple were to stay in a church for 2 to 3 months before he got healed, then we would believe. If it's instant, thats some magic or an arranged miracle. We believed only Jesus could do it instantly and probably some 'righteous white pastors"

One thing is certain, Pastor Chris is increasing in anointing and grace with the criticisms.

Please dont stop criticizing him.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by rasputinn(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2008
I've been to SA a couple of times and I'm really not surprised that such an allegation is coming from that country.
I'm not a member of Oyakhilome's church,though he was some years ahead of me in the University(and that's as far as whatever we have in common goes)as a matter of fact,I actually don't agree with certain things they do there,however there's something about the allegation that makes it hard for me to believe.
Some folks in SA would do/say anything to/about  any pastor,they're not the most spiritually sensitive people on earth you know.

Whatever be the case,let God be the judge
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by PapaBrowne(m): 11:35am On Apr 10, 2008
People are calling Barack Obama a terrorist!! Even in America.And I am talking about elite, highly educated people.

Na today them start to dey discredit successful people?? No be today! If you no believe this man, na 4 your palaver!!
For years upon years people have been calling him fake, it hasn't changed anything,only made him grow bigger and bigger worldwide.
I watch him on TV AND HIS MESSAGES ARE MARVELLOUS. They make you want to go do great and good things!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by delegiwa(m): 11:37am On Apr 10, 2008
I'm not from his church and don't like his accent at all.  I'm more at home with a minister that will talk to me like a fellow Nigerian. Anyway that's by the way.  The informant should have at least mentioned his/her name, the church and the date of the event so that people will know.  It is of no use making some wild accusations about a person when simple evidences cannot be given.

Given that a lot of these men are actually into somethings that should not be named on a forum like this but I still believe that God is still working with some of them. Just like Gamaliel said, if he (Chris) is from God, nothing or nobody can pull him down but if he is not what he say he is, then very soon the real story will be out just like our sins will find each and everyone of us out one day.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by rasputinn(m): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2008
PapaBrowne:

Na today them start to dey discredit successful people??

I agree with you per the above question.Like I said,I find it hard to believe the allegation
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 11:49am On Apr 10, 2008
Dele Giwa,

I'm sorry if this is insultive. If you need a Nigerian accent before you can listen to God's words, then you are not a serious christian.

Bro, go for the words.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Pamperme: 11:53am On Apr 10, 2008
orisirisi undecided
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2008
@rasputin

you said there were certain things you didnt agree to about the church. what are these things?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Kemjisuper(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2008
That disgruntled member will someday confess that he was "paid" to lie against Pastor Chris cry. If you know him, just watch out!

Cheers
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by cakemane: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2008
may God forgive you all, wetin concern u sef, u be God? remember the bible say Judge not so that you will not be judge. Leave the man alone for crying out loud. He is a man of God, you are not responsible to judge him let God did that
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by delegiwa(m): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2008
fyneguy:

Dele Giwa,

I'm sorry if this is insultive. If you need a Nigerian accent before you can listen to God's words, then you are not a serious christian.

Bro, go for the words.

It is not insultive in anyway my brother grin that is just me for you and by the way, I must not like him. He is good and I read a lot of his books (de 4th dimension is my best) which I find more interesting than the tapes and cds.

Call me a bushman if u like but that is me for you.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by cakemane: 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2008
remember that the Lord says in the bible Ps 105:15 that "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" is better u confess ur sin and repent.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by waleab: 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2008
righteous thieving sanctimonious nigerians judging someone eh wonders shall not end. most of you at the cyber cafes doing yahoo yahoo and it is pastor chris you guys are having for lunch? mercy lord jesus. what is this world coming to. some slowpoke is there telling lies and cannot show his face and what do i get here some hypocrates and god and chutrch haters having a field day.

una do well una hear. oya carry stone and stone chris. if we know all the abortions una dey do and the things una they thief shame for no let una near here
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by kalmebad(f): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2008
@topic

Am not here to speak against anyone
The bible even said that many will prophsey in God's name
Let him be the judge of the Just and Unjust

Why do we still have  paralysed people lying on the streets of Lagos?
I guess they also need healings , someone should then help tongue
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by doracle4(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2008
What is the problem with the black man? We find it so so difficult to accept that God can do any mighty works thru us. WHATS OUR PROBLEM? WHAT THE ****?
If pastor Chris was a white man, this whole discussion would have ended since.
What is wrong with the mentality of the black man? Is God so embarrased by our colour that He cant perform a single miracle thru one of us without us crying devil's advocate, devil's advocate, devil's advocate?
cry cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by doracle4(m): 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2008
kalmebad:

@topic

Am not here to speak against anyone
The bible even said that many will prophsey in God's name
Let him be the judge of the Just and Unjust

Why do we still have paralysed people lying on the streets of Lagos?
I guess they also need healings , someone should then help tongue

Go back history and u will find that because of unbelief in Jesus' home town, He could not perform any great miracle there.
Are u not a christian? Y dont u go help them and see how far u can go. Nowhere and yet u want to kill those who God uses to heal those who put their faith in Him and believe His word.
God cannot heal u until u decide u want to be healed.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bobokanis(m): 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2008
The newspaper made some king size erroneous statements:
[list]
[li]
He was recruited by one of the pastors and told he would be paid if he helped to draw crowds. “The pastor told me that they were looking for people to work for the church.
Is it not so stupid to bribe one man 10,000 rand so as to draw a crowd of over one million? Who is this pastor that offered to pay him? What has his wheelchair [/li]
[li]
The source also said that the people who are “healed” every time on stage are actually trained weeks before.
How can he be the only person to spill out this "secret" after so many other people had trained to act fake?[/li]
[li]
“Even children who are healthy are whisked around in wheelchairs. Some use crutches.
How easy is it to make even children act sick? Imagine you telling a 5 year old act paralyzed?[/li]
[li]
“I just told myself that using the word of God to lie to desperate people is immoral, so I refused to take up their offer,” said the source.
This guy seem to be very holy and honest man?[/li]
[li]
“I saw a lot of people in wheelchairs leaving the venue who had not been healed. It was very sad.
What of those that were healed? Jesus prayed for many that were not healed, check Mark 6: 1-6 [/li]
[li]
”Lerato Moeketsi told Sowetan she was a loyal follower of the church and was disappointed that she could not make it into the stadium. “I had to turn back because the stadium was full. “There was no way I could go through to receive his blessing,” she said.

Thousands of followers jostled for space at the stadium.
So the crowd still came despite this guy's refusal to collect the 10,000 rand bribe! What an irony.[/li]
[li]
The seriously ill, mostly disabled and in wheelchairs, went to the service in the hope of being healed by Pastor Chris’s powerful prayer. Another woman, Tshinanne Nemutudi, said she went to the all-night prayer service because she believed in Pastor Chris.
It is very glaring that this report is mixed with true and false reports.[/li]
[/list]

Lets face the fact, this report is a bunch of lies and totally cooked up.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Seun(m): 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2008
It has nothing to do with his being black. His white counterparts e.g. Benny Hinn have also been exposed.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by aremuobj: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
I wondered why I'm not a pastor sef
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by doracle4(m): 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2008
Seun:

It has nothing to do with his being black. His white counterparts e.g. Benny Hinn have also been exposed.

I was reacting to what someone said concerning black pastors.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2008
lol Saint Seun

What's your point sir?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hello Sister Kamelbad,

Are you asking Pastor Chris to go to the streets and heal the cripples and sick? thats so not unchristian.

You have to come unto HIM, have faith, to get your healing and above all accept Jesus as your Lord. Jesus only used healing to demonstrate the power of God, so the people could believe and follow him.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 1:31pm On Apr 10, 2008
There are many things people (supposed christians) say on this forum and I wonder what people are taught in churches.

It's either many of us aint well pastored in the churches or we have chosen our own definition of christianity.

The earlier we understand christianity is not a religion, the better. Hence some comments here (and on some other threads) would not have surfaced.

Stop applying human reasoning in christian matters
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by maddock(m): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2008
At times i marvel at the foolishness of some people, allegations like this has always been published about Pastor Chris and it has never and would never stop the work from moving forward.Pastor Chris is an enigma of our generation and has been growing bigger and bigger.If only the youths in Nigeria could have role models like Pastor Chris,a lot of these vices we experience today would have been reduced drastically
As for people that have a culture of bearing false witness against men of God i have the followingexamples for you,
1. Has anybody been to Household of God church recently(Pastor Chris Okotie's church) the place is becoming deserted,the reason was he was a believer and he came up to accuse a fellow pastor of staging miracles.which in that same bible he reads that is bread for little children.
2.We also all know how the whole PFN tried to stop Pastor Chris crusade in Aba also accusing him of staging miracles, but how the crusade went on to be the biggest in that city till date even the Governor t that time was in attendance.The repercussion on PFN was a national news when Benny Hinn came to Nigeria,how they the whole of PFN  national body were accusing themselves of Bribery and corruption in national dailies and all the scandals that followed.
I could go on and on,but like they say a word is enough for the wise.God is the owner of the world and nobody can fight for him.So whatever Pastor Chris is doing if it is not from God cannot stand the test
of time. of time.
Adious.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by delegiwa(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2008
maddock:

God is the owner of the world and nobody can fight for him.So whatever Pastor Chris is doing if it is not from God cannot stand the thirst of time.
Adious.

Personally, the above is the only sense you made in your whole post. Christianity like you said is not a religion and DEFINITELY NOT EMOTION. It is not for us to defend a man of God. Peter tried it remember? What came out of it? Nothing.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2008
lol@nigerians, coming into the defense of a man just because he is a man of God, i have a question. if a pastor committed an armed robber or rape, should God be left to judge him??
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by rasputinn(m): 2:31pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ fyneguy

Sorry I'm not obligated to tell you.Strickly my personal views
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by waleab: 2:34pm On Apr 10, 2008
bawomolo:

lol@nigerians, coming into the defense of a man just because he is a man of God, i have a question. if a pastor committed an armed robber or rape, should God be left to judge him??

there are loads of your great ones already doing that what do you do about them? dont you know where to stop and just go practice your religion and leave people alone. why are you always looking for trouble all over the place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.