Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project (693 Views)

TA Orji Commissions Aba Mega Mall The Biggest Mall In Africa / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Gov Orji Commissions Ultra Modern 100 Bed Ward, House Officers Hostels, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Abagworo(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
In his address, the state governor, Theodore Orji disclosed that the Geometric access road at Osisioma LGA was rehabilitated to ensure that the contractors working at the Geometric/NIPP power station have accessible road to fast track the completion of the project which would hitherto gave residents of Aba and its surrounding environs an uninterrupted electricity supply.

He stated that the importance of a secured environment cannot be over emphasized as it has led to infrastructural development as well as an enhanced economy.

Orji also commissioned 10 roads in Aba, the commercial hub of the state as well as Brass junction road which citizens said was impassable.

The Governor charged the residents to ensure that government efforts are not wasted by being law abiding citizens, adding that the administration would continue to deliver dividends of democracy and is ready to transform the state through its numerous legacy projects.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/04/18/orji-commissions-road-to-fast-track-power-project/

I think this road looks very much unlike Orji's handiwork. Maybe he's beginning to realize we are now in 21st century. I also believe that interlock could be the solution to Aba roads just like he did to this one. A very short road of 1.4km though.

Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Afam4eva(m): 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
It's a quality road no doubt. Very unlike Orji.
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by thelastPope(m): 9:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
nice
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
Abagworo:

I think this road looks very much unlike Orji's handiwork. Maybe he's beginning to realize we are now in 21st century. I also believe that interlock could be the solution to Aba roads just like he did to this one. A very short road of 1.4km though.
please can you explain to me why Interlock roads are better than asphalt roads especially short distances. I see interlock roads in Lagos too.
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by IGBOSON1: 10:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
I dare say i'm impressed!
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Abagworo(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
berem: please can you explain to me why Interlock roads are better than asphalt roads especially short distances. I see interlock roads in Lagos too.

1st of all I didn't claim it to be better. I noticed that it is used mostly in naturally marshy or waterlogged areas like In VI, Lagos or GRA, Port Harcourt. I really don't know the reason but I presume that since Aba is located on marshy lands, they should try it out.
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Afam4eva(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2013
I think we should start thinking of making our roads two lanes on a one-way drive instead of one. we need to widen our roads.
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by mensdept: 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
6 years as governor and 1 "road" with zebra blocks.

Well done Oga at the top
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
mens dept: 6 years as governor and 1 "road" with zebra blocks.

Well done Oga at the top
that's the east for you lipsrsealed
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=11p]I think we should start thinking of making our roads two lanes on a one-way drive instead of one. we need to widen our roads.[/size]
exactly my thought.
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by skillmachine: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Let us join hands to congratulate this Governor.
This is a well built road. Let us give him some encouragement so he can do more.
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Abagworo(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2013
sheyie2007: that's the east for you lipsrsealed

What are you implying?
Re: Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project by Scarpon(m): 12:38am On Apr 20, 2013
tell them to hurry and fix the enugu/onisha road

(1) (Reply)

Kidnap Kingpin Opens Up On Their Operation / 14 People Killed In Jos, Plateau State / How OBJ & Co Frittered N701.4billion Natural Resources Funds & 1.5trillion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.