Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. (15721 Views)

Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials / Picture Of President Jonathan Hanging For The Last Few Hours At MM Intl Airport / Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by ylaa(f): 12:02am On Apr 20, 2013
AFRICAN CHINA SANG IT: POOR MAN WEY TIF MAGGIE NA IM FACE WE DEY SEE FOR CRIME FIGHTERS... RICH MAN WEY TIF MONEY, NO BODY DEY HEAR AM. WELL ABOYI YOU NO GET LUCK. ALL I CAN ADVISE YOU IS TO GIVE YOUR LIFE TO MASTER JESUS SO THAT YOU WONT SUFFER HERE ON EARTH AND ALSO IN HELL FIRE. IF YOU REPENT NOW AND DIE, GOD WILL ACCEPT YOUR SOUL. I WISH I COULD GRANT YOU MY OWN LITTLE PARDON. I WISH YOU SAFE JOURNEY AHEAD. TAKE HEART.

1 Like

Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by ewet: 12:04am On Apr 20, 2013
omicron: When shall it be..'Senator to Die by hanging for diverting state funds'?
its not the same offence,armed robbery attracts stiffer penalty even if its only N1,000 you stole. compared to other kinds of financial crimes like embezzlement,misappropriation,,419 all these are regarded as white collar crimes
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by OneNaira6: 12:11am On Apr 20, 2013
ylaa:

HAVE YOU BEEN HANG BEFORE? SORRY.

Actually she is right, it's one of the worst way to die. Imagine someone cutting off your airways, you desperately trying to get in as much air as you can. Your heart beating fast trying to pump as much blood as it can cause it's trying to save as many organs as it can. Your lungs depleting because there is no more air exchange occurring. Your diaphragm slowing stop. Your entire body stiffing up and your brain slowing dying because there is no more air and blood reaching it cause your body is trying to hold onto the little it have left to save the organs. Not to talk of the rope burn you are equally getting. Hanging or suffocating is one of the most painful and slowful death ever. Painful like emotional than physical. As in you are feeling yourself dying and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

1 Like

Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by SailorXY: 1:27am On Apr 20, 2013
me_for_you: Die by hanging for stealing less than 1million naira? Means these politicians that have robbed our nation dry should all be pushed into atlantic ocean
... with heavy stones chained around their necks

2 Likes

Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Revolva(m): 3:46am On Apr 20, 2013
grin grin And some one will ell me Nigeria is a good country....what a hell hole called Nigeria
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by BEDMON1900: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2013
Just laughing sha.......the law in nigeria is for the poor ones,those that stole 70 billion naira could be bailed with just a token amount of money,a clear case of almustapha is till there up till today with no action after the court judgement,but a boy that stole a money that's not even up to their weekly recharge cards should now be hanged.......is this a country or what....the law is for the inferiors not superior....
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by adonisvg(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2013
cry This is not right... Wen will captital punishment be abolished....wot of the pension robber, farouk lawanand all oda corrupt leaders?
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Biafradiplomat: 8:51am On Apr 20, 2013
Nonsense, this is travesty of justice. How can one be hanged for stealing a mere 955,000 naira when public officers, the likes of the pension thief are stealing billions of naira only to be granted plea bargain! This judge is very wicked and should be shot, kidnapped or bokoharamized. The dude shouldn't have got more than five years behind bars, considering the fact that he did not kill and the relatively small amount of money involved. Nemesis will catch up with that wicked judge.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by HIPROFILE(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2013
I.Joan:
I wish it was the same fate for pen robbers. angry angry angry

Ma broda I wish soo what we see @ d end is 'pardon'mtcheeew
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Livinusc(m): 10:03am On Apr 20, 2013
omicron: When shall it be..'Senator to Die by hanging for diverting state funds'?
@Least dey should put it into law to reduce Naija curruption.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by swiftycool(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
quicksylva: . I have no pity for this one, He was also armed. Had it been they had succeeded now, just imagine what would have been the faith of this poor people. Abeg make dem go hang am jare.

I hear u, but its just like the monies stolen by our leaders in govt. was meant for infrastructural development and betterment of the lives of millions more. Yeah d guy stole with a gun, but haven't you heard that "the pen is MIGHTIER than the SWORD" in this case the gun.

This is why China puts to death anyone caught responsible for the impoverishment of many rather than few.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Marineetyon(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
Jona over to you, arrrmnesty......

1 Like

Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by quicksylva(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
swiftycool:

I hear u, but its just like the monies stolen by our leaders in govt. was meant for infrastructural development and betterment of the lives of millions more. Yeah d guy stole with a gun, but haven't you heard that "the pen is MIGHTIER than the SWORD" in this case the gun.

This is why China puts to death anyone caught responsible for the impoverishment of many rather than few.
And that is why our constitution must be Amended.

I understand your point clearly, but every Society/Nation is govern by a Constitution/Law.

Here is a copy of Nigeria Law for Robbery and Armed Robbery

1. Punishment for robbery

(1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery
shall upon trial and conviction under this Act, be
sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 21
years.

(2) (a)If any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or is in company with any person so armed; or (b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of the robbery the said offender wounds or uses any personal
violence to any person, he offender shall be liable upon conviction under this Act to be sentenced to death.

(3) The sentence of death imposed under this
section may be executed by hanging the offender
by the neck till he be dead or by causing such
offender to suffer death by firing
squad as the Governor may direct.
As I said earlier I don't have pity for the guy. You haven't been robbed with a gun before, so you don't know what it is like, I pray you won't pass through that experience.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2013
He was comvicted of armed robbery which is a capital offense and attracts a mandatory death sentence and not mere theft.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
Biafra diplomat: Nonsense, this is travesty of justice. How can one be hanged for stealing a mere 955,000 Maura when public officers, the likes of the pension thief are stealing billions of Maura only to be granted plea bargain! This judge is very wicked and should be shot, kidnapped or bokoharamized. The dude shouldn't have got more than five years behind bars, considering the fact that he did not kill and the relatively small amount of money involved. Nemesis will catch up with that wicked judge.
the law makes a distinction universally between armed robbery and theft. The judge acted accordingly to the status books
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
One_Naira:

Actually she is right, it's one of the worst way to die. Imagine someone cutting off your airways, you desperately trying to get in as much air as you can. Your heart beating fast trying to pump as much blood as it can cause it's trying to save as many organs as it can. Your lungs depleting because there is no more air exchange occurring. Your diaphragm slowing stop. Your entire body stiffing up and your brain slowing dying because there is no more air and blood reaching it cause your body is trying to hold onto the little it have left to save the organs. Not to talk of the rope burn you are equally getting. Hanging or suffocating is one of the most painful and slowful death ever. Painful like emotional than physical. As in you are feeling yourself dying and there is nothing you can do to stop it.
on the contrary present hanging methods used in criminal executions complete with gallows remains the most humane and swift form of carrying out sentences the only draw back is the mess that is left behind. Decapitations occasionally do occur and faeces discharge is a problem that's why the condemned inmate is made to wear a diaper. Another problem when hanging male inmates is semen discharge and the uncomfortable sight of a dead man's erection. Current hanging methods rely on swift spinal dislocation and not strangulation as the condemned is made to drop at least 12 feet and the noose tightens before reaching the ground. Think of bungee jumping without elastic ropes but tied to your neck.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
In case if you all have not heard that is the new penalty the government of Nigeria has started giving to people that steal so as to reduce corruption in Nigeria. The people that really need to be giving such punishment is scam artists that scam people and give Nigeria a bad name all over the world. I just pity this man because he is going to be used as a scape goat. I believe he should be given a second chance.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by sojimade(m): 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
Poor man wey thief Maggi we go see dia face for crime fighter. Rich man wey thief money we no D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ see dia face for crime fighter. Tell me something I don't know.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
Billyonaire: So be it, someone has to be an example in a journey of anti-corruption
I agree but the only time that would not be fair is if the government did not make an extensive news on the fact that thieves will die by hanging.
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by erico2k2(m): 3:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
surugede:

but does Nigerian law state that armed robber should be killed by hanging. please refer me to where it is in the constitution. The augment here is not whether armed robbers should be punished, the point is, must it be death by hanging?
Unfortunately thats what the law says bro
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 27, 2013
they dont steal billions with arms. we should be ashamed for producing thieving politicians and yet do very little to stop them. how many of us are willing to join me in a protest?
Re: Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. by Abrakhan: 7:15pm On May 15, 2013
That is what he deserve as an arm robber.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 27 In Fresh Monguno Bombing - PUNCH / The Pains & Agony Of Road Users On Atan-Igbesa-Agbara Road (Photos & Video) / President Buhari Swears-In 6 New INEC Commissioners (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.