Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off (8891 Views)

The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat / Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan, Amaechi Boasts / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 19, 2013
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has pledged to intervene in the current face-off between President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor of Rivers State, Hon Chibuike Amaechi.

The newly elected Chairman of CAN in the South-South zone, Archbishop GoddowellAvwamakpamade this pledge, yesterday, in Port Harcourt while addressing newsmen in preparation for the inauguration of the new executive of the religious body, on Friday, April 26, 2013.

He said that there was no disagreement between President Jonathan and Governor Amaechi because theystill work together. So, they are not in any crisis at all.

“But, in case there is any crisis, let me tell you the stand of the Church. The Church will call two of them to order. As far as peace is concerned, God has given to us the ministry of reconciliation. In the book of John 14 verse 27, Jesus said; ‘My peace I give unto you’. That is one of our greatest pursuits in this regime. Wherever there is crisis, between two churches, between two governors, between two politicians, we will try our possible best to make peace for those people,”Avwamakpa said.

The CAN Chairman blamed the alleged face-off between the duo on the media, and pointed out that it was the reports in the media that have created the impression in the minds of Nigerians that there was crisis between Jonathan and Amaechi.

He said, “I want to advise the press to always stay away from anything that will bring confusion in this nation. Whatever it is, the press must find out the truth of the matter before writing.

“People may be thinking there is crisis between President Jonathan and Governor Amaechi, but there is nothing happening between them. I believe that they are brothers and I believe as politicians, they have their best way to play their political games.

But, as a Church, we do not advise that they should be in crisis. We have never seen them in crisis and what we are hearing is the news from the media.”

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Bigcake: 7:11am On Apr 19, 2013
CAN Pls stop using d name of Christians to play politics if not one day d wrath of God will visit all of u. Are they d only ones in d entire Nigeria dat are having misunderstanding? Have u forgetten dat ur next door neighbour is also having misunderstanding wit d neighbour opposite ur compound? Have u gone there first to broker peace before heading to Abuja for dis uninvited business? CAN be focused on preaching salvation and not carrying politicians bags around especially for d highest bidder.

15 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by prologue: 7:19am On Apr 19, 2013
This is so remarkable. Coming from CAN, it would be better you focus on children n youth evangelism than this charade with intentions skewed towards monetary and political face-lift n take ur face off the face-off of these hideous minds with abysmal criminal inclinations. Better still focus on the thanksgiving service of alams... Just do something sha... Something else

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by saintneo(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2013
Please Chanel ur energy to educated people of their rights.

1 Like

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2013
prologue: This is so remarkable. Coming from CAN, it would be better you focus on children n youth evangelism than this charade with intentions skewed towards monetary and political face-lift n take ur face off the face-off of these hideous minds with abysmal criminal inclinations. Better still focus on the thanksgiving service of alams... Just do something sha... Something else
is CAN this confused?
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Tolexander: 8:09am On Apr 19, 2013
He said that there was no
disagreement between President
Jonathan and Governor Amaechi
because theystill work together.
So, they are not in any crisis at all.
since there is no disagreement between GEJ and Governor Rotimi Amaechi, why now thinking about the mediation between them? Or T.B Joshua has predicted a crisis is going to occur between them?
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by fkaz(m): 8:09am On Apr 19, 2013
He should also try and intervene in APGA crises.

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Gamji007: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2013
CAN is really fulfilling its obligation as the religious arm of PDP!

Good job! cool

13 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Gamji007: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2013
fkaz: He should also try and intervene in APGA crises.
Why should he? Its like telling Bamanga Tukur to intervene in APGA crisis.

CAN=PDP

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Willy7(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2013
No wonder the catholic church pulled out from CAN. Enough said

1 Like

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by lacasa: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2013
CAN, the PDP parastatal grin

#.. Nawa for this cock n bull religious organisations.
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by nairaman66(m): 10:09am On Apr 19, 2013
He said that there was no disagreement between President Jonathan and Governor Amaechi because theystill work together. So, they are not in any crisis at all.

Who is fooling who? I guess The Christian PDP Association Of Nigeria..
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Kx: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2013
Is CAN now a caucus/faction in PDP?
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2013
WHO is CAN?!

I love Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi and would love to see him in Aso Rock one day, but that Nigga has to the thought a proper lesson in Loyalty..

On this beef, I am on the side of my Commander In Chief.. President G.E.J

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2013
CAN is speaking from both sides of the mouth. infact their mouth(mandiblle and maxillae) they quarrel. Upper roof they yarn say Rotimi and GEj dey beef, lower lips they yarn say them no dey beef. Middle mouth said they both need mediator
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by mrofficial2(m): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2013
CAN, the new party. Hehehe.
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Fogman(m): 10:11am On Apr 19, 2013
Speechless
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by dridowu: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2013
CAN MY FOOT

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2013
Nigerian version of christianity is very different from religion. pictures of jesus has been replaced by pictures of pastors and their wives, spirituality has been completely written off, everything now depends on the charisma of pastors and priests. SMH!!

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Bonapart(m): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2013
Give 2 caesar what belong 2 caesar n to God what belong to Him......they should let policitians handle their matterz
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by cdamsel(f): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2013
If dey like dey shouldn't go intervene in boko haram -nigeria face off angry

CAN has bcome a joke cry
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Godmann(m): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2013
[size=20pt]To hell with CAN![/size]

3 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by meforyou1(m): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2013
U dey craze for head
Godman_n: [size=20pt]To hell with CAN![/size]
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2013
Jobless CAN,
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Johnchike(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2013
I don't know if I'm right cos I'm not good in political talks. But I think Rotimi Amaechi is the chairman of Governor's forum. If GEJ would contest in 2015, he needs this man's support in one way or the other. But I think the source of this beef might be because of the alleged Lamido/Amaechi posters.
CAN has realized that for the south to still retain power in 2015, GEJ and Amaechi shouldn't be divided hence the reason for stepping in to mediate.
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Gamji007: 10:46am On Apr 19, 2013
dridowu: CAN MY FOOT

Are you Obasanjo?
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by HAH: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2013
They must justify their pay now, you think is easy to be given a brand new plane.

1 Like

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by mankevo(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2013
Archbishop Goddowell Avwamakpa of which PDP faction?

He hasn't be inaugurated and he has started making plans for ''kick backs?

i will always rsepect my Catholic Faith.
Na only Archbishop, what of Archrival PDP Factional Leader
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by collins123(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2013
Godman_n: [size=20pt]To hell with CAN![/size]

[size=18pt]To HELL INDEED![/size]
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by bolaino(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2013
Smh for CAN, so it has gotten to the stage where CAN is now the in house mediator of peace for a dirty political party like PDP, what a shame, na D christians when all these CAN leaders dey lead na I sorry for pass.
Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by Redhot111(m): 11:07am On Apr 19, 2013
Is CAN nw a pressure group, political party or d judiciary? Wetin concern agbero wit overload? Dis nw CAN presido is certainly gonna b anoda longer throat. Though I knw 4 sure dat CAN has long been hijacked by pastorial cultists. Am a christian bt neva liked CAN n PFN. Dem b cult platform.

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Intervene In Jonathan-amaechi Face-off by IYANGBALI: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2013
Now I know why the Catholic church decided to pull out of this CAN OF WORMS,what has CAN got to do with this issue? CAN has been politicised and bastardised by hungry pastors. You are all thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayemi's Second COVID-19 Test Is Negative, Mourns Kashamu / Abdullahi Adamu Reacts To Impeachment Threat Against Buhari / Soludo Inspects 3.341Km Akpaka-Nsugbe Road, Says APGA Keeps It's Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.