Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website (24040 Views)

Can You Design A SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITE From Scratch ? / How To Create A Social Networking Site Like Facebook Using Wapka / Creating A Social Networking Website (2) (3) (4)

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2013
soon they will tell me to meet the first Nigerian 12yr old who signed in to his yahoomail by himself
Rick9: Abeg make i hear word jor wetin dey website when me or anybody for dis nairaland no fit create.
...signature

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Truckpusher(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2013
bbpreye.:
1st!

Choi! I vowed never to post any comment on Nairaland after Seun refused to grant me and ebamma amnesty during the garri wars! But today I turn a new leaf cos what I just achieved now is what over one million members on this forum are wasting bandwidths night and day to achieve.

Today I made it! If BBpreye can make it, you too can make it here one day.

@topic... Good inovation from such a young chap. I pray he succeds on his venture!
Lwkmd grin grin grin
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 19, 2013
Rick9: Abeg make i hear word jor wetin dey website when me or anybody for dis nairaland no fit create.
...signature

you would obviously make a BAD parent... shame! angry
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by chiefkpokp(m): 11:26am On Apr 19, 2013
anyway kudos to the kid, But make una suffrey they frame una topic well o, Punch and nairaland, this is grou.ps social networking platform now, its just installing any cms and other now, other thing there are scripts from facebook developer, so which one come be the which ones now? anyway sha, the guy try...... and secondly i hope say una non dey use this topic do promotion so oooooooooo, cos i don comot from the site since,
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by gysl1973: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2013
Lilimax:
You are not different from your silly comment and abuse.

Okay please dont insult me
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by AnodaIT(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2013
Nice site there for that age.
but I notice some element of the 'boy' behind the syntaz
Bright colours and nickelodeon-like font.
but it is a great start. If he could do this at 14, then according to Moore's law, he should be going places
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by 1wolex85: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2013
Thank God the boy is not igbo or yoruba;
if he were igbo, we would have seen posts like; 'we are the most intelligent', 'we are the most creative'
if he were yoruba, my yoruba brothers and sisters would have said; 'we are the most educated', 'yorubaland onibaje'

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2013
Great work,coming from a 14 year old born with a silver spoon, this is the kind of initiative that people like Jeremiah Useni,T.Y Danjuma and others should have shown like 16 years ago.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2013
Good
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by chiefkpokp(m): 11:32am On Apr 19, 2013
gysl1973:

Okay please dont insult me
hahahahahhahahahahahahaha so una wan start fight so early?
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 19, 2013
...signature
it is people like this that are why the world is such a horrible place. Everyone spends all their time looking for the worst in any given situation “one stop shop for pedoophi~les” because the worst is something to talk about. angry Here is a great concept if you think you can do it better than go and do it rather than spending your time here criticizing this young mans work...ode! angry
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by confusion247(m): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2013
If only funlani herdsmen will not strike and end this guy's dreams in one night.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Pain(m): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2013
Well, its not good to discourage a young boy..but you dont use an open source shell, modify the template and claim you have invented a website! We need to come to terms with the fact that websites are just like the notebooks of yester-years. You cant claim to have innovated by buying an exercise book off-the-shelf and creating a slum-book out of it!..Or did you ever do that We need to help our nigerian kids manage the transition from the paper age to the electronic age and not swell their heads out of proportion.

What will happen when he wakes up to discover he was no genius?

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2013
Yes. This is great. The name is just classic and a brand already.
This is not naming a social network 'LagBook' in order to sound like facebook.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by boron10(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2013
gysl1973: Nice one future YAHOO BOY, more oyel to ur laptop,

THUNDER FIRE ANYBODY WHEN GO INSULT ME
You are a mad man, son of a biatch.

Still waiting for your thunder

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by gysl1973: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2013
chiefkpokp: hahahahahhahahahahahahaha so una wan start fight so early?

I no fit fight nai make me dey beg so
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by ZN2: 11:51am On Apr 19, 2013
Seriously?! I'm amazed.

Facebook was created from scratch you Dim Wits, not this copy/paste bunch of mangled red/white eye blinding load of css.

Anywho, nice try - and kudos to the other "big sponsors" behind this.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by gysl1973: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2013
boron10:
You are a mad man, son of a biatch.

Still waiting for your thunder

see this almajiri from beron dey insult me, u dey madt ni?
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by danny301: 11:56am On Apr 19, 2013
confusion247: If only funlani herdsmen will not strike and end this guy's dreams in one night.

Real CONFUSION !
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 11:58am On Apr 19, 2013
gysl1973: Nice one future YAHOO BOY, more oyel to ur laptop,

THUNDER FIRE ANYBODY WHEN GO INSULT ME

Thuinder fire you 100 times
We will not miss your intrinsic stewpidity

May this boy go from grace to grace
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by ZN2: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2013
Pain: Well, its not good to discourage a young boy..but you dont use an open source shell, modify the template and claim you have invented a website! We need to come to terms with the fact that websites are just like the notebooks of yester-years. You cant claim to have innovated by buying an exercise book off-the-shelf and scribbling a few poems on it..Or did you ever do that. We need to help our kids manage the transition from the paper age to the eliectronic age and not swell their heads out of proportion.

What will happen when he wakes up to disover he was no genius?

My point exactly. We're not gonna say he hasn't made a good attempt, but calling it a "good invention"?

But well, typical eh? The other time we had some battery powered construct and it was referred to as the "First Urine Powered Generator the world has ever seen"

SMH.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
~ZN~:
Seriously?! I'm amazed.

Facebook was created from scratch you Dim Wits, not this copy/paste bunch of mangled red/white eye blinding load of css.

Anywho, nice try - and kudos to the other "big sponsors" behind this.

This is something positive and means with good guidance he can do better

At his age many people had not seen a computer yet this boy shiws avid creativity and courage to take this kind of challenge

People like you are dream killers comparing him to mark but if mark had listened to someone like you, we will not have fb

You will say we already have myspace hi5 etc bla bla bla or we have yearbook on cd

Mark do something else

Thank God he ignored them
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by neksummi(m): 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2013
I salut the boy's effort.

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
neksummi: I salut the boy's effort.

I salute your comment
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by rezzy: 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
adextaiwo84: OMG....1st to comment, celebration galore grin
No be only
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pain: Well, its not good to discourage a young boy..but you dont use an open source shell, modify the template and claim you have invented a website! We need to come to terms with the fact that websites are just like the notebooks of yester-years. You cant claim to have innovated by buying an exercise book off-the-shelf and creating a slum-book out of it!..Or did you ever do that We need to help our nigerian kids manage the transition from the paper age to the electronic age and not swell their heads out of proportion.

What will happen when he wakes up to discover he was no genius?

I like your post and it's shows you're a pragmatic fellow

I am not particularly interested in this guy but the fact that he is a symbol

The same way bill was to mark or sergei brin or any IT genius

Also remember that the summly application creator is inspiring millions and will help lead the way for young application makers

Put it in context
This Is the third world
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Samelfisha(m): 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
collins123: Click LIKE if you checked out the chap's website after reading the thread.
whic kind like be dat....e go put food 4 ma table
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by miqos02(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
i wish him all the best
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by ZN2: 12:39pm On Apr 19, 2013
biolabee:

This is something positive and means with good guidance he can do better

At his age many people had not seen a computer yet this boy shiws avid creativity and courage to take this kind of challenge

People like you are dream killers comparing him to mark but if mark had listened to someone like you, we will not have fb

You will say we already have myspace hi5 etc bla bla bla or we have yearbook on cd

Mark do something else

Thank God he ignored them

I'm not arguing abut his courage to launch a site or learn HTML.

I'm against the part where it's reported as an "invention".
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
~ZN~:

I'm not arguing abut his courage to launch a site or learn HTML.

I'm against the part where it's reported as an "invention".

Maybe innovation but remember even the whites stole the idea of gunpowder from the chinese

Grameen did not invent lending but innovated and 'invented' micro credit

5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. / What Is A CAPTCHA And What Is It Used For In Web Browsing? / 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google