Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. (17306 Views)

Job Openings and the best investment Option in Nigeria today / Gold As An Investment Option - Information Needed / What Is Your Best Investment So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by bejay1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2013
You can approach any insurance company to be precise Igi tell them what you want to do, they we advice you on to go about it.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by vanstanzy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
U can also invest for ur child in real estate, its good business that doesn't diminish. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't forget CHESS though! grin grin
CHESS (Children Education Savings Scheme) account for your children/wards.

WHAT IS CHESS?

CHESS is a special savings product developed to support our customers in meeting cash flow and timing needs of their children and ward’s education.

FEATURES
• Minimum opening and daily balance of N5,000.
• Withdrawals restricted to once every three months, loss of 1% interest if there is more than one withdrawal during this period.
• Free insurance policy cover in case of accidental death /permanent disability of parent /guardian (paying ten times the balance in the account, subject to a maximum of N5,000, 000).
• Lodgments of cheques and dividend warrants into the account.
• It is a savings account with a lot of benefits for the account beneficiary.
BENEFITS
• Helps you to plan for the education of your children and wards through a dedicated savings scheme.
• Pays interest of 2.125% provided that withdrawals are not made more than once from the account in a quarter.
Parents who have accounts with Stanbic IBTC Bank have the additional benefits of the a standing order for the regular transfer of a specified amount to their child/ward’s account.

Should you be interest in the product offering, kindly contact the undersigned.

We want to hear from you. For enquiries, requests, suggestions and complaints on Stanbic IBTC products and services, please contact us on:
Pension solutions - 01-2716000 or pensionsolution@stanbicibtc.com and short code-30388
Banking products and services - 0700 CALL STANBIC (0700 2255 7826242), 01- 2709676 orcustomercarenigeria@stanbicibtc.com
Asset management and investment solutions - 01-2801266, 01-2805595, 0700MUTUALFUNDS(0700688825 38637) or assetmanagement@stanbic.com
Trustees business - 01-2801266, 01-2805595 or SITLAgency@stanbicibtc.com
Stockbroking business - 01-2770937, 4488800 or stockbroking@stanbicibtc.com
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by Winneygirl(f): 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
vanstanzy: Try the CHESS account from Stanbic IBTC, its really good.

Open a CHESS acct, then fix d money in a Fixed Deposit acct. Fix for 90days. Choose dat at maturity (90days), interest should hit d CHESS acct, and d principal be rollover for another 90days.

Op said he wants d money accessible, yet we are advising him to buy Land.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by silat(f): 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
@op its not wise 2 buy lands, because u wnt get ur money wen u nid it. As u indicated u will nid 2 pay fees after every 3mnths. Il suggest u go 2 one of d banks n find out d requiremnts for opening a children's acct. Dey hv some benefits.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by delors(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
Please, dont make them have access to that money at all...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I beg you in the name of God. Dont buy treasury bills either pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...This is from personal experience. My mother did the same for me thinking sh was doing me a favour...please dont try it ooooooooo...
Best advice, put the money in a fixed deposit account...or grab an insurance policy (but be ready to spend more on annually to service the policy)...but please dont let these kids have access to the money yet...even the best, most level-headed kid can go wayward if presented with the opportunity. NA MY ADVICE BE THAT O

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by honeypiegirl(f): 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
try 1st bank,just opened for my girl its strictly 4 their education,go into any of the bank branch u wil get details
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by agog: 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
Considering the fact that you will be needing part of the money to foot the kids education, I think the the best way is to invest the money in Treaury Bill. It is risk free. You collect your yield on the day u Invest it and capital paid upon maturity - 91 daysm
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by RealMccoy2(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
@OP don't invest in Nigeria's treasury bill, Nigeria's monetary policy is unpredictable. The only legitimate suggest on here is real estate.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by wasolad01: 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
delors: Please, dont make them have access to that money at all...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I beg you in the name of God. Dont buy treasury bills either pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...This is from personal experience. My mother did the same for me thinking sh was doing me a favour...please dont try it ooooooooo...
Best advice, put the money in a fixed deposit account...or grab an insurance policy (but be ready to spend more on annually to service the policy)...but please dont let these kids have access to the money yet...even the best, most level-headed kid can go wayward if presented with the opportunity. NA MY ADVICE BE THAT O

Can you please enlighten us more about your experience with treasry bills?
We are here to learn.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by j4jj: 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
Land purchase without any structure on it is a risk most especially when u don't do a proper monitoring. I advise u invest in Treasury bills or govt bonds cos its classified as 100% risk free and tax free as well and you'l also receive adequate returns on investment. Meet one of this discount houses to provide assistance cos they are professionals. you'l nt regret your investment. I tried it and it has worked and still working for me. Regards

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by j4sure(m): 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hi i advise u to look into any of this
1. Land
contact me for acres of land at Ota very close to Canaanland Starting 4rm #300k

2. Stocks.

3. Gold

4.FGN Bonds/TREASURY BILLS
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by Teeforeal(m): 9:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Good
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by delpee(f): 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
Blue chip stocks
Insurance e.g. Mutual Benefits ISPP
Land or house in a good estate to avoid omo onile and loss while waiting for it to appreciate in value
Best of all is good moral education cos sometime money isn't the issue in child upbringing.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by Partteen: 10:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
@Op, Insurance can address this need of yours. There are various policies that can be tailored to suit your needs. Leadway Assurance can assist you in achieving your target. Kindly call me on 08189699388 so as to discuss extensively.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
azimibraun: Invest in Modo(mode 9) return on investment is guranteed. Jst kidding. DJ vinny feat Modod and idris abdulkareem d baadest song dis year.. Badguyballer. Danm! Veterans once again coming 2 our rescu..industry y is 2 big for olamide's baby shoulders. Invest in music ppl.
re u sane?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by CHIMSKY(m): 11:52pm On Apr 20, 2013
minute: Avoid insurance policies for children.

Get them into blue chip stocks and dividend reinvestment.

You can also invest in something you know . . like Disney,Heinz,Walmart,Merck etc
and let it sit. My mother-in-law started a UTMA acct for my daughter and she cannot
cash them until she's 21.

Best investment for children? Be there for your children and to stay with their
Dad/Mom, speaking from experience. It's waaaay better.
what's a UTMA Account?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by smartg(m): 6:42am On Apr 21, 2013
Kaywhy1: Follow ur mind bros
what can of answer is this?, must you answer a question if you don't have anything to say?. Someone is telling you that he has nothing in mind on what to do with the money, and you are still telling him to follow his mind.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by smartg(m): 6:53am On Apr 21, 2013
dgitrader: 1. Land
(hold it for 10years at least) buy plots of land in your state of origin, fully document it, lease it out to farmers, and make sure its near a state capital. Buy it in your childrens name if u please. This could take as much as 60% of the funds and its very ok

2. Stocks.
(for at least five years) buy and hold like 3 or 4 presently undervalued stocks on the NSE in food/beverages, banking, or petroluem sectors. Make sure such company has good dividen/bonus track record and they are fully multinational in nature and as old as 30years. this should take over 25% of ur fund.

3. Gold jeweries
depending on ur environment and personality/discipline, this is a surebanker family investment, its safe and more liquid than land or property if well invested. Yes it often appreciate, but due to rescent global crisis, it has its ups and downs now, which means greater risk as well as reward oportunities, note: never speculate on gold jeweries for less than 3years. I speak from personal experience... Gold in the family, is a lifesaver.

4.FGN Bonds/TREASURY BILLS (If u have the sophistication and stermina)
this is very good and i even equate it to rents on property, its the SAFEST OF ALL INVESTENT.

5. Your childrens KNOWLEGDE AND HANDWORK
this is the greatest investment ever.
Dont wait till they are 18and above before they are forced to learn about work, skills, budgeting, cash incentives,discrimnation, salary etc. The earlier the better. Expose them 9-to-5 even if its partime or informal arraignment. Let then work to earn, and be closely observed on how they freely spend the money. Theres nothing wrong having your 14 year old working as sales, apprentice, office clerk, sunday school teacher, church staff or instrumentalist etc. So long as its well arrainged not to interfair with schooling. Its a new world order, the richest men in the world were mostly exposed to work ethics even as kids(you may google this) . If all investments are erroded away, man must fall back to his skills/handwork. Expose your children to
Books, and not just anybooks, self improvement books. Infact, a family library is more inportant than a car. Knowlege and experience is very important investment that cannot depreciate.

100 likes.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by sdymanagers(m): 8:10am On Apr 21, 2013
Consider landed property in a choice location like Abuja or Lagos. Make sure you do due diligence on such a property by dealing with real professionals in the business. Good luck.
Jochebed_7: please i need ideas on how best to handle cash meant for children's education. I have the bulk sum for their university education on hand but it seems like a bad idea to leave it sitting in a savings acct. Whatt investment options do i have where the money cant be lost? Also d kids are in school presently so i need to be able to have access to the money or dividends at least every three months.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by yogun(f): 11:10am On Apr 21, 2013
Debesther: pls how can i get gold to buy

Can someone pls answer dis question! Is there an online guide and how much is d minimum investment for gold.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by obaoke: 11:35am On Apr 21, 2013
Give birth to them abroad making sure they have citizenship of another country such as USA, Canada,etc. The other things like education etc can follow.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by dgitrader(m): 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
Debesther: pls how can i get gold to buy
yogun:

Can someone pls answer dis question! Is there an online guide and how much is d minimum investment for gold.

To d best of my knowledge..
Gold as an investment/trading instrument is only available to an avrrage nigerian through:-
1. Physical gold:-
Jeweries, ornaments, coins, antiques, preciouse tools etc. This is local and cash&carry and takes longtime for appreciation(and really appreciates all the time) dealers are all over naija.
^^this is lowrisk and easier and i hope ur questions are answered.

2. Foriegn Online brokers:-
Most platforms are fx brokers, stockbrokers, financial houses etc. This is not physical, its of high risk/reward because of LEVERAGE. Startup is minimal, free traing all over youtube and samething with forex, so take caution. Longterm trading here is emotional difficult.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by chic2007: 10:25am On Apr 22, 2013
These days, the rate of returns on fixed deposits is very low. Treasury bills are preferable.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by buJu234: 10:53am On Apr 22, 2013
if u have gud cash then go for real estate; buy and place it on rent.

but if u knw u dont have enough to buy a property & then place it on rent; then u can go for Treasury Bills.

All those banks children scheme or insurance educational program are jst opportunities for the Banks or Insurance companies MDs to take ur money add it to others who follow their scheme; and put them into Treasury bills.

At the end the total sum that those banks or companies will give to u compare to when u invest it directly on Treasury bills will so great that u will feel like crying.

so dont give it to any bank children scheme or insurance go and invest it directly on either properties or Treasury bills (T.bill is wat i will go for)
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by manie(m): 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2013
alpha conde: Buy them properties, see if u can get rent from it.
Recently I handled a job for my boss. He had built a hostel accomodation in my town and grouped it for his four kids. He asked we paid the rent to the childrens account. I will emmulate this when I get married.
But seriously all these planning na cus of fear and economy.
My dad didn't make such plans yet there was not a time he delayed my bills.
God will provide

What if you want to invest for your child is less than 500k.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by manie(m): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
vanstanzy: Try the CHESS account from Stanbic IBTC, its really good.

CHESS (Children Education Savings Scheme) account for your children/wards.

WHAT IS CHESS?

CHESS is a special savings product developed to support our customers in meeting cash flow and timing needs of their children and ward’s education.

FEATURES
• Minimum opening and daily balance of N5,000.
• Withdrawals restricted to once every three months, loss of 1% interest if there is more than one withdrawal during this period.
• Free insurance policy cover in case of accidental death /permanent disability of parent /guardian (paying ten times the balance in the account, subject to a maximum of N5,000, 000).
• Lodgments of cheques and dividend warrants into the account.
• It is a savings account with a lot of benefits for the account beneficiary.
BENEFITS
• Helps you to plan for the education of your children and wards through a dedicated savings scheme.
• Pays interest of 2.125% provided that withdrawals are not made more than once from the account in a quarter.
Parents who have accounts with Stanbic IBTC Bank have the additional benefits of the a standing order for the regular transfer of a specified amount to their child/ward’s account.

Should you be interest in the product offering, kindly contact the undersigned.

We want to hear from you. For enquiries, requests, suggestions and complaints on Stanbic IBTC products and services, please contact us on:
Pension solutions - 01-2716000 or pensionsolution@stanbicibtc.com and short code-30388
Banking products and services - 0700 CALL STANBIC (0700 2255 7826242), 01- 2709676 orcustomercarenigeria@stanbicibtc.com
Asset management and investment solutions - 01-2801266, 01-2805595, 0700MUTUALFUNDS(0700688825 38637) or assetmanagement@stanbic.com
Trustees business - 01-2801266, 01-2805595 or SITLAgency@stanbicibtc.com
Stockbroking business - 01-2770937, 4488800 or stockbroking@stanbicibtc.com

We are not talking about saving here, we are concerned about investment. Can the interest rate on saving account beat inflation?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by hexpleecit: 11:27am On Mar 28, 2016
owning a child education policy with a reputable insurance firm is your best bet to give your children the much desired life devoid of stress.
payment of school fees becomes relatively easier and stressless even at death, the policy would give the children the required cover all through their life.

Don't eat up their future, Secure your child's future now.

call Funmi on 08066416075 for all your insurance needs.

Listed below are the other products we handle

Motor

Marine

Travel

Fire and Perils

General accident

Annuity retirement plan

Oil and Gas

General business

life and investment

Education Plan

Child Education

car Insurance(comprehensive and third party)

Haulage

Life Assurance

Our Company promises you a life changing experience to get your needs met at the best rate that saves you time and cost.

call Funmi on 08066416075
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by Jochebed7(f): 12:27am On Nov 23, 2016
building is what we went for.
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by sifon1: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
What Is A Cryptocurrency?

A cryptocurrency is a digital currency or alternative currency that is completely decentralised from any form of government or bank control. This means that it is a global tender that is used for transactions without the government or bank’s influence and approval.

READ MORE http://syphonnglobal.com/how-to-make-money-with-bitcoin/
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2019
Jochebed7:
please i need ideas on how best to handle cash meant for children's education. I have the bulk sum for their university education on hand but it seems like a bad idea to leave it sitting in a savings acct. Whatt investment options do i have where the money cant be lost? Also d kids are in school presently so i need to be able to have access to the money or dividends at least every three months.

best wishes on your birthday
Re: What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. by Jochebed7(f): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
donproject:

best wishes on your birthday

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UBA FIXED DEPOSIT RATE / Top 20 Profitable Business In Nigeria That Will Make You Earn Millions Of Naira / Who Knows This App For Bitcoin Mining?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.