Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Some Really Cool Optical Illusions - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Some Really Cool Optical Illusions (29955 Views)

Another Look At Optical Illusions (can You Spot The Faces) / MEANING OF ILLUSION (A THREAD FOR OPTICAL ILLUSIONS) / New Nairaland Wallpaper (really Cool !) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Rocktation(f): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
ItsModella:
2?

The girl is wearing the purple top and leaning over the guy on black. I mixed it up at first. I thought the guy was leaning over the girl.

Your guess's as good as mine. It really should be two. Illusions for you, baby! cheesy. I have many that're even more confusing than those but..that's one party to rock another day.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
I saw one on facebook (dont av it tho) was like a tree wit many faces on it. Dunno if anybody has dat. Plz share
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
holamiday: very good, but i don't think any sane person would see the girl as spinning counterclockwise.
She is definitely spinning counter-clockwise.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by sunch(m): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
@MODERATOR,
I WRITE WITH DISMAY AND BITTERNESS OF HEART THAT THE TOPIC ''EDO STATE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTION UPDATE'' IS YET TO MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE WHEN TOPICS THAT ARE IRRELEVANT AND DOESNT ADD VALUE TO OUR LIFE MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE.
I HEREBY STATE EMPHATICALLY THAT IF THE TOPIC DOESNT MAKE IT TO THE FRONT PAGE BEFORE NOON I SHALL DERAIL ALL TOPICS IN THE FRONT PAGE.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Wislet(f): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
The elephant has 8 legs
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
to the guy with the upper case fonts. . .So Who gives 2 fúcks

3 Likes

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by cbi24: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
wow...
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Deiok(m): 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2013
wow those stufs are interesting. Especialy the one with jesus.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by saintneo(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2013
holamiday: very good, but i don't think any sane person would see the girl as spinning counterclockwise.

I can see both CCW & CW. It takes a lot of concentration to be able to change orientation. Focus on the standing leg and work it through.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Coldfaya(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
rodeo0070: Mind if I join you?

This is crazy.....
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by shadrach77: 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
i love optical illusions!
watch these two. The red lines in the first picture look wavy but they are actually straight . In the second picture what do you see? are the cubes arranged in, or out?

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
super interesting.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
these illusions can blind people undecided
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
shadrach77: i love optical illusions!
watch these two. The red lines in the first picture look wavy but they are actually straight . In the second picture what do you see? are the cubes arranged in, or out?
the cubes looks like they are arranged out
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by rodeo0070(m): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
@rodeo that pic is cray. . . LMAO
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
rodeo0070: ...

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2013
saintneo:
I can see both CCW & CW. It takes a lot of concentration to be able to change orientation. Focus on the standing leg and work it through.

u are seeing nonsense. The left leg is the pivot. shikena
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
rodeo0070: ...

Wow, na Fugly Mucheche be this oh.

bad asss picture, nice illusion
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by saintneo(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
banttieman:

u are seeing nonsense. The left leg is the pivot. shikena
I'm not seeing nonsense. I can change the direction of rotation with easy. Why don't you take a look at the inward/outward cube above
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
ooseven:

It took a lot of effort and "looking away" (looking at the shadow helped)...but i finally saw her move anti-clockwise. It was more natural when she was moving clockwise though.

Problem is i can't get back the clockwise view again. Scheiße!!

Edit
...YEESSSSS, I did it. The shadow is the key.
For the longest while, I couldn't see it rotating CCW. Now that I can see it rotating CCW, I can't get back to viewing it CW. This is just some weird azz stuff grin grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by FXKing2012(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
sweetroses:

At first this one may be hard to see, but if you begin to scan back and forth across the image you will notice that the squares in your periphery begin to rotate. As soon as your eyes stop moving, however, rotation will cease.

No, this is not an animated GIF. The image really is static. Notice that when you look at any individual point dead on, it will stop moving. This powerful illusion is derived from interacting color contrasts and shape positions within the image.

This is a rather famous illusion of an impossible object. It has two rectangular prongs at one end that morph into three cylindrical prongs at the other.

Another famous illusion, this one was recently rediscovered in a cafe wall at the bottom of St. Michael’s Hill. Although the lines appear to be diverging from one another they are in fact quite parallel.

This is a classic illusion named after Ludimar Hermann who discovered it in 1870. At every point where the white lines intersect our eyes perceive a gray, shadowy blob. If you look directly at one of the intersections though, the blob disappears.

Also known as the pac-man illusion, if you stare at the center cross for a couple seconds you will begin to perceive a green disco going around the circle of magenta discs. After a few more seconds the magenta discs will gradually begin to fade away until all you see a green disc going in a circle around the cross (if you’re having trouble seeing it move closer to the screen).

Named after Robert Jastrow in 1889, the bottom figure appears to be larger although they are both the same size. This is because the shorter edge of “A” is directly adjacent to the longer edge of “B”.

Found in virtually every psychology textbook in the world, the two monsters in this illusion are in fact the same size. Your brain automatically adjusts images that it perceives to be distant in order to compensate for the fact that they are larger than they seem.

If you stare at the dot in the center and move your head away from the screen the rings will start to rotate. Now gradually get closer again…they change direction!

Created by web designer Nobuyuki Kayahara, some people at first see the figure spinning clockwise while others see it spinning counterclockwise. Don’t spend too much time trying to decipher it though, you could be here all day.

This illusion was named after Johann Karl Friedrich Zöllner and consists of parallel lines that appear to be diagonal. You may need a ruler for this one.

Winch!!
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2013

The girl actually spins both ways. Watch closely, and you'll see that after standing on the right leg and spinning one direction, for roughly 8-10 seconds, she switches to the other leg and starts spinning in the counter direction. The key is the leg.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
adaobi123:

you aint doing correctly, sysy saw Jesus, why cant you ?
cause he is a sinner!!!!
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
adeaugustus:
cause he is a sinner!!!!

lool

1 Like

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
mekula:

The girl actually spins both ways. Watch closely, and you'll see that after standing on the right leg and spinning one direction, for roughly 8-10 seconds, she switches to the other leg and starts spinning in the counter direction. The key is the leg.
ur right
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
FXKing2012:

Winch!!
lmao.. Nooo i was expecting some1 to come and say illuminati grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
snow_wyte: lmao.. Nooo i was expecting some1 to come and say illuminati grin
Nigerian MentalityTF
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by anitank(f): 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
The Writer:
She is definitely spinning counter-clockwise.
she's spinning clockwise not and not otherwise
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by anitank(f): 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
shadrach77: i love optical illusions!
the cubes are arranged both in and out grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Signs You’re A Creative Person. / Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London / Learn 3D Animation. Step by step. GET GOOD VIDEO TUTORIALS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.