Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,744 members, 7,844,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Consumers Guide To Shopping: Dealing With Shoppers Guilt And Regret - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Consumers Guide To Shopping: Dealing With Shoppers Guilt And Regret (691 Views)

Consumer Protection Council Orders Dstv To Compensate Consumers / What Are Your Thoughts In Regards To Shopping Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Consumers Guide To Shopping: Dealing With Shoppers Guilt And Regret by JayCee2010: 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
Have you ever entered a store or supermarket and bought a bunch of stuff, took them home, then almost immediately realised that you didn't actually need any of it, or you don't like it as much as u did in the store? Then you should be reading this!

Shopping should normally be a fun and adventurous experience. Whether its food items and groceries, or clothes or furniture even a car. The thought of acquiring new stuff is exciting to anyone and its the main reason why people (with excess money, or credit cards) get addicted to shopping.

However, once the stuff is purchased, reality sets in and you start asking yourself "do I even need this? Why did I buy this? It looked better on me in the store"!

Fear no more, cos as a fellow chronic guilt-shopper, I have done some research to find ways of shopping effectively and efficiently, and I'm gonna share some tips with y'all!

1. Always have a shopping list: it could be on a piece of paper, on your smart phone, or stored in your head. As long as you're gonna set foot in the store always know, before hand, what EXACTLY you want, and more importantly, stick to the list. This would help prevent impulse buying and allow you get only the stuff you need.

2. Do some research on the Item you want to purchase: whether its a food item, or clothes or whatever, do well to ask others about the best brands, price range, durability and quality. This will help you make an informed decision when selecting what you want

3. Don't fall for marketing traps: seemingly unimportant things like ligthening of the shop, arrangement of the items,and even the way the shop attendants speak with you, make you want to spend money on things you really don't need. DON'T FALL FOR IT. Read labels, ask about quality brands, compare prices, and make sure that the ultimate reason for you taking any item out of the store is because you are 100% satisfied with it and your need for it.

4. Buy quality, cry once: its mys favorite saying when I go to buy anything at all. You're better off spending a substantial amount of money on a product that will last you for a long while and serve your needs perfectly, as oppposed to going for a cheaper alternative and needing to replace or repair it a short while after. Its for this reason I always prefer brand names, of original quality- eventhough brand names do not always assure one of its quality as some brands are inherently inferior- hence the need for research.

I'm pretty sure this bit of info would help you guys like me very much. I wish you all a happy and regret-free shopping experience!

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Unsecure Loan...what They Don't Teach You In Business School! / Rotational Moulding Machines Applications / I Need MTN Magic Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.