Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? (591 Views)

Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Perpetrate Their Selfish Desires? / Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? / Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? by nembenama: 9:52am On Apr 20, 2013
I have noticed that most men who do not want to assist their wives in household chores but,prefer to watch them slave alone while watching TV,always say that their culture does no permit them to assist their wife. It does not also permit them to make family decisions as a couple with their wife. They say its their culture n anything outside this will make them look like they re being controlled by a woman. This is my problem with inter-tribal marriages. Selfish people take advantage of it and claims its their culture to the detriment of their spouses who comes from a different tribe. This happens more with the igbos.Igbos what is your cultural view on assisting your wives with household chores and taking family decisions?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? by butta(m): 10:26am On Apr 20, 2013
@op mind your business ..
Re: Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? by sholay2011(m): 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
butta: @op mind your business ..
The OP just raised an issue and all u could do is reply with this?? Gawd!! Y can't you just pass since you have nothing edifying as regards the thread?
Re: Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? by slimyem: 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
I think whoever marries into a different tribe would have understood and signed up for or accepted the demands of his/her patners culture so they might not even see those things you pointed out as selfish.undecided
However,choosing to assist ones wife with household chores or not has less to do with culture and more to do with the man's ego,sensitivity and caring attitude generally.
Simply know who you are getting married to or married to.undecided
Re: Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? by nembenama: 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2013
Thanks for that comment,I totally agree with your point of view but also,want to get an authoritative point on igbo custom as regards the issue. We learn everyday.
Re: Why Do People Hide Under D Guise Of Culture To Pertrate Their Selfish Desires? by mutter(f): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
quite honestly i agree with you about most of what you wrote just the part about it being an more a trait of igbo men. This problem is widespread not only among the igbos.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Prefer That Your Wife Tells You About Co-workers That Ask Her Out Or Not? / 6 Very Important Things You Need Apart From Money / Wisest Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.