Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? (12092 Views)

How To Become Emotionally Strong / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 11:33am On Apr 06, 2013
My family-landers......i want to share some experience with you and would like you to discuss how you feel about it.
Tunde and Wumi were very good friends back from the hood. they later fell in love and became inseparable. Prior to them falling in love, Wumi was a carefree and playful girl.....she will say anything and do whatever she wants with Tunde and he doesn't make her feel "anyhow" about it. she was quite free with him.

As their friendship transformed into love, Tunde noticed some changes over time with her behaviour. Wumi became mellow.......not so daring anymore and a bit cold.

He noticed he had to do "everything" to keep the relationship fun and lively. She was not bringing all her "swags" and aura into the relationship. He had to suggest everything, had to be the one buying the gifts, the only one trying to make her happy, doing most of the calling, initiating the visits and all other fun things. He was surprised Wumi had gotten so laid back and he felt angry after a while. he believed she was being emotionally selfish. Had he not known her prior to them dating he could excuse her as just been a melancholy.

Now, my thoughts, do most women believe the man has to do it all in a relationship while they receive it all? Now we are not talking about money here but emotions. Is it the man that must make you happy, take you out all the time, give you great se.x, buy you gifts, throw you birthday bash, and still remain faithful? Will it be too much to give your man something to keep running back home ro? will making him feel like a king diminish ur feminity?

Why will all the weight of the relationship be on the man? Is that not being selfish? Lemme have ur opinion folks!!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by greatgod2012(f): 11:53am On Apr 06, 2013
Baba Oyo: My family-landers......i want to share some experience with you and would like you to discuss how you feel about it.
Tunde and Wumi were very good friends back from the hood. they later fell in love and became inseparable. Prior to them falling in love, Wumi was a carefree and playful girl.....she will say anything and do whatever she wants with Tunde and he doesn't make her feel "anyhow" about it. she was quite free with him.
As their friendship transformed into love, Tunde noticed some changes over time with her behaviour. Wumi became mellow.......not so daring anymore and a bit cold.
He noticed he had to do "everything" to keep the relationship fun and lively. She was not bringing all her "swags" and aura into the relationship. He had to suggest everything, had to be the one buying the gifts, the only one trying to make her happy, doing most of the calling, initiating the visits and all other fun things. He was surprised Wumi had gotten so laid back and he felt angry after a while. he believed she was being emotionally selfish. Had he not known her prior to them dating he could excuse her as just been a melancholy.
Now, my thoughts, do most women believe the man has to do it all in a relationship while they receive it all? Now we are not talking about money here but emotions. Is it the man that must make you happy, take you out all the time, give you great se.x, buy you gifts, throw you birthday bash, and still remain faithful? Will it be too much to give your man something to keep running back home ro? will making him feel like a king diminish ur feminity?
Why will alk the weight of rhe relationship be on the man? Is that not being selfish? Lemme have ur opinion folks!!!!

@opnot all women are emotionally selfish.
@post, may be they should have continued to maintained their platonic friendship,
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
greatgod2012:

@post, may be they should have continued to maintained their platonic friendship,
Sure madam GG12......the post reads MOST and not ALL.
I believe maybe she just want to feel like the queen of England who receives and rarely gives......lmao.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
chaircover:

Baba oyo is somewhat right. Some women think that after marriage the man is going to change for the worse and not be as attentive and so they prefer to have their enjoyment up front. Also in the culture that we come from, men are the ones who do all the chasing (if you want to be seen as a "good girl"wink so the man chases chases and chases with all his might and the lady doesnt have to lift a finger. lipsrsealed
Spot on CC. The guy has been feeling "so tired now" from trying to keep the butterfly in her tummy from flying away while his own tummy Windows are wide open even for mosquitoes to come in and chase his butterfly away.
nkan ti a ko ba so ni ewure ma n gbe je o.....
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
Baba Oyo: My family-landers......i want to share some experience with you and would like you to discuss how you feel about it.
Why will alk the weight of rhe relationship be on the man? Is that not being selfish? Lemme have ur opinion folks!!!!

First of all, being a king is not just all about servitude and waiting to be pleased. Being a king/man is more importantly about making her happy at all times. If a man is not ready to give everything to make a woman happy, such a man is not ready for a lasting and loving relationship.

Secondly, women are not emotionally selfish. In fact, women express their emotions and feelings far better than men do. A woman does not know how to hide her feelings in most cases. They are the most easy to read object in this world if you are truly in a relationship.

Thirdly, let to appreciate that changes are bound to occur in a relationship. And only an open man will accept that come what may happen in a relationship, he would love his woman selflessly and maintain a loving communication flow with her. Simply because when all chips are down emotionally......you would know how to turn you woman back on to the first love you saw in her.

5 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
greatgod2012: b

I agree with ; I don't think she is in love with the guy anymore, she's just not into him.

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pataki:

First of all, being a king is not just all about servitude and waiting to be pleased. Being a king/man is more importantly about making her happy at all times. If a man is not ready to give everything to make a woman happy. Simply because when all chips are down emotionally......you would know how to turn you woman back on to the first love you saw in her.
Now this is exactly where am going. Now you assume he should know what it takes to turn his woman back on and keep her happy abi? No problem, so who will make him feel good as "the king" you believe he is when all the "queen" does is receive, receive and receive more? what is she doing to take care of his emotional needs,? Men around here seem to be forgotten and are expected to be the SUPERMAN who has no problems of his own except that of keeping his queen interested in him all life long. Not all women are so laid back though. For a few men who stray out, its because someone outside is definitely taking extra time to "care" for the man

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
cool
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Btw I'm loving this Pataki guy cool
*runs under sheet* grin

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by greatgod2012(f): 2:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
I dont like selfish people at all, to me, personally, when a lady thinks during courtship, its only the man that should be doing the giving, then, the lady should know that, after marriage, roles must to rotate/reverse, so, if a lady wants to be treated like a queen she is, why cant she also make his man the king he is, so that, even after marriage, the legacy continues, if doing all the receiving is equal to being made a queen, then, selfishness has set in, which i dont subscibe to at all.
For example, if the man calls to say "hi" in the morning, why cant the lady call in the noon also to say "hi"............., if the guy invite the lady for a dinner night, why cant the lady invite the guy at other time.

Relatinships should be "give and take", btwn the parties involved, not one sided.

As for me, i dont even feel comfortable when im always at the receiving end, i must to reciprocate, thats my life and thats how i think it supposed to be.
May God help us all.

8 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by jeffizy(m): 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pataki:

First of all, being a king is not just all about servitude and waiting to be pleased. Being a king/man is more importantly about making her happy at all times. If a man is not ready to give everything to make a woman happy, such a man is not ready for a lasting and loving relationship.

Secondly, women are not emotionally selfish. In fact, women express their emotions and feelings far better than men do. A woman does not know how to hide her feelings in most cases. They are the most easy to read object in this world if you are truly in a relationship.
Your second opinion.is right. But i disagree with the first.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by mysticgal(f): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
both partners are supposed to contribute to the success of their relationship,no hoarding and yanga,and love should be the ultimate.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
This is a clear case of pretence, its obvious the character she portrayed earliar was all fake, now she has gotten what she wanted and showing off her real colour,the guy should trace her back from her background, did she came from a troubled home nd needed to escape from this family through marriage, was she desperate with marriage during friendship, hw about her previous boyfriends has she been in love at any point, more so from the guy side is there something he hid from her only for her to discover after marriage? hw well is she getting with his family members, did his family opposed this marriage at any point? If none of this is true summon her nd let her know ur feeling.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
kground, did she came from previous a troubled home nd needed to escape from this family through marriage, was she desperate with marriage during friendship, hw about her previous boyfriends has she been in love at any point, more so from the guy side is there something he hid from her only for her to discover after marriage? hw well is she getting with his family members, did his family opposed this marriage at any point? If none of this is true summon her nd let her know ur feeling.
They are still in a relationship. .....but she doesn't show much concerns to him emotionally.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
greatgod2012:

As for me, i dont even feel comfortable when im always at the receiving end, i must to reciprocate, thats my life and thats how i think it supposed to be.
May God help us all.
Now you are talking .
If i see my little brothers sweating it out to impress girls, i always ask them what has the lady done back to appreciate their efforts? most times the answer is always the same, nothing! !!!,
gba fun Muri ni gba fun Gbada
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by mawuqueyan(f): 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
Baba Oyo:
Now this is exactly where am going. Now you assume he should know what it takes to turn his woman back on and keep her happy abi? No problem, so who will make him feel good as "the king" you believe he is when all the "queen" does is receive, receive and receive more? what is she doing to take care of his emotional needs,? Men around here seem to be forgotten and are expected to be the SUPERMAN who has no problems of his own except that of keeping his queen interested in him all life long. Not all women are so laid back though. For a few men who stray out, its because someone outside is definitely taking extra time to "care" for the man
Nawah Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo.....
Y didn't God jst write †ђξ person ℓ̊ go marry for my palm wen dem born me nah Peace for dey every relatnship...and we wl av bn compatible...no selfish tin or wteva jare!
Btw...tnk God 4my lyf...gud †̥☺ b bk.
olorun eshe gan Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo

2 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
jidegirl12: Btw I'm loving this Pataki guy cool
*runs under sheet* grin

shocked shocked

I don't want to say anything now and ......will say something else..

At topic,

This type of emotional selfish woman is rare in Naija! Where did your friend find her from, and my take here is that she is probably not in love with him, could have been better if they remained friends. She might be regretting her decision,

Baba oyo! E sure say no be ya emmm emmmm we are talking about here?

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by 2sexynet: 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
email resent ooooo
Vikin:

shocked shocked

At topic,

This type of emotional selfish woman is rare in Naija! Where did your friend find her from, and my take here is that she is probably not in love with him, could have been better if they remained friends. She might be regretting her decision,

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
Vikin:

shocked shocked

At topic,

hahaha. .....Vikin the Kings Kid......where make i put my darling iya Junior? Lolllll.
Well i believe through out a man's life he would av met at least one woman who just doesn't want to give emotionally except just being at the receiving end. its only the guy who mmakes the calls, only him suggest dates, he is the one double checking if she is okay. its so unfair to these young guys. but i agree there are correct women out there who are up to the task.
Eni to ba se n'idi pepe gbodo je ni'idi pepe o
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
mawuqueyan:
Nawah Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo.....
Y didn't God jst write †ђξ person ℓ̊ go marry for my palm wen dem born me nah Peace for dey every relatnship...and we wl av bn compatible...no selfish tin or wteva jare!
Btw...tnk God 4my lyf...gud †̥☺ b bk.
olorun eshe gan Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo
My dear,if God wrote our partners on our palm, some women will even be more complacent don't you think? since you know he is yours surely then you will hold him even more loosely.
Anyway i welcome you back o , hope your trip was good?
ki ni e ba wa mu bo o?
lol

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by mawuqueyan(f): 9:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
Baba Oyo:
hahaha. .....Vikin the Kings Kid......where make i put my darling iya Junior? Lolllll.
Well i believe through out a man's life he would av met at least one woman who just doesn't want to give emotionally except just being at the receiving end. its only the guy who mmakes the calls, only him suggest dates, he is the one double checking if she is okay. its so unfair to these young guys. but i agree there are correct women out there who are up to the task.
Eni to ba se n'idi pepe gbodo je ni'idi pepe o
Babaoyo,who was that one geh during your own time ℓ̊ suppose Ɣ☺ΰ are married
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
2sexy.net:
email resent ooooo

That email, I don't know what wrong with it. PM me your email..I don't even know how dat works...
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by mawuqueyan(f): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Baba Oyo:
My dear,if God wrote our partners on our palm, some women will even be more complacent don't you think? since you know he is yours surely then you will hold him even more loosely.
Anyway i welcome you back o , hope your trip was good?
ki ni e ba wa mu bo o?
lol
True shaa.....
†ђξ trip ws bad...kai rily bad cry
ℓ̊ refuse †̥☺ go on dt kain trip again IJN. ℓ̊ nOo bring anytin Oº°˚˚˚,ℓ̊ don dash dem everytin for dere.lol
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by 2sexynet: 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
You have to follow me back so that I can send you a custom PM instead of the default one.

Use this link www.nairaland.com/followers you will be shown a list of people following you. look for 2sexy.net among the listed handle and click on 'follow back'. I will be notified once it is done. Then I will send you a PM which will be notified. All you have to do is check the email attached to your nairaland handle

Vikin:

That email, I don't know what wrong with it. PM me your email..I don't even know how dat works...
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by 2sexynet: 10:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
doyen2fine @ gmail . com
Vikin:

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by BabaOyo(m): 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
mawuqueyan:
True shaa.....
†ђξ trip ws bad...kai rily bad cry
ℓ̊ refuse †̥☺ go on dt kain trip again IJN. ℓ̊ nOo bring anytin Oº°˚˚˚,ℓ̊ don dash dem everytin for dere.lol
ooopz, seems i understand that kain trip.
God will always watch over His own.
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 07, 2013
Some women are so scared of getting hurt that they hide/safe guard their emotions very well. It makes it a lot easier for them to cope and/or move on if they both decide to go their separate ways

1 Like

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 07, 2013
Pataki:

Thirdly, let to appreciate that changes are bound to occur in a relationship. And only an open man will accept that come what may happen in a relationship, he would love his woman selflessly and maintain a loving communication flow with her. Simply because when all chips are down emotionally......you would know how to turn you woman back on to the first love you saw in her.
Damnnnn , so on point
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 07, 2013
At 2sexy, Got it!
Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 4:47am On Apr 07, 2013
Baba Oyo:
I am typing from mobile, hence my laziness to address your post in seriatim. Apologies pls.

The first thing a man should learn in a relationship is to drop his ego and pride. Yes I know it is very difficult to do esp. within the culture and background we come from. While it was easy for the older men generation to get away with their women adoring their ego and making them feel like kings, this next generation - unfortunately it is not so! The days of men sitting in the living room and expecting their sweaty womam to come out from the kitchen with their food - morning, afternoon and night are long gone!

I dare say, a man who knows how to treat woman in sound emotional stability automatically becomes a KING in the woman's eyes. When a woman feels a good vibe from a good man - there is nothing in this world she will not do to make him satisfied. Even to the point of sheer stupidity. A true relationship is about give and take. More importantly, emphasis should be on giving esp. from the man!

Gone are the days of threatening a woman that you will go out and find a better woman. It is only a man who feels insecured that does that. It is only an insecured man that demands for his woman to treat him like a king at home. Immediately he steps out of his home, such a man becomes a world wide wimp (www)!

The most sexxy attribute in a lady is confidence. However, she equally needs a man to boost her confidence the more. If a woman feels that good vibe of confidence boosting from you in all areas, she automatically confides all her emotional insecurities in you. Nothing makes a man more important and 'kingly' other than knowing that your woman cherishes you more than anything because you make her emotionally balanced.

2 Likes

Re: Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? by Pataki: 4:52am On Apr 07, 2013
jennykadry: Some women are so scared of getting hurt that they hide/safe guard their emotions very well. It makes it a lot easier for them to cope and/or move on if they both decide to go their separate ways

Unfortunately it eats them up to the point that they lose their self confidence.

And any man who can break into their emotional wall thereafter, they fall head, shoulders, knees and toes for such men. Regardless of the relationship status of such men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. / Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.