Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? (1905 Views)

How Do You Respond To Compliments About Your Looks?? / Solution To BLUE Balls:men's Unwanted Friend? / Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by MaziOmenuko: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
How do you feel when you receive an unwanted broadcast message or sms in your phone?

Phones are for instant communication and no doubt has successfully done this as messages, news and stories has been propagated successfully through smart phones.

But at times, it could serve as an annoying distraction.

You are busy at the office, trying to compute those data at Ms Excel, trying to remember the operators and formula for finding the 12th percentile of the average of the data on your spreadsheet, and your phone rings. You reach for it, unplug it from the a.c source only for it to be a prank call (flashing).

You are at the site, supervising works and needed all the attention to ensure the right proportion of asphalt is used for that casting, then you get a message alert, you pick your call to see a Blackberry broadcast from one of your contacts, informing the receivers that M. I's dark mercedes E-class has been stolen and that you should be at alert.

You are expecting an alert to confirm that payment so you can rush out and make some withdrawals as your last money is the transport money to the atm spot. You pick your phone and what you see is a text message from 33114 asking you to send 401 to 33114 to get the latest gossip on the celebrity industry.

Not to talk of the endless sms for caller tune update, chats, seeing 104 messages in your inbox only for 103 of them to be spam messages.

How do you handle such messages? I had to delete 3 contacts from my BBM after warning them to exclude me from their list of BC's. One was so annoying she actually sends an average of 4 per day.

After deleting them, I started feeling I did the wrong thing.

So, how do you treat unwanted and annoying messages and alerts?
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by Warlord3000(m): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
U̶̲̥̅̊ have said it yourself..

No two way about it..

Get rid of the contacts that prone to do that..

Unsubscribe from any junk spam messages or dummy packages from ur service provider..

And more importantly keep telling peeps.. U̶̲̥̅̊ don't want it..

Communication is the key smiley
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by MaziOmenuko: 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
^ ^ great!
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by goldfish80(m): 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
Some people just can't do without BC's, in the morning they send bC telling you that its morning. In the night they send BC that its night.
The most annoying one is when someone is kidnapped,they send Bc asking you to pass it on...

Am like,Pass it on till it gets to who? Jack Bauer? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
lol.. ... ...
u cant delete the likes of 441130, 33117 and mtn's numerous number. get use to it!
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by MaziOmenuko: 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
goldfish80: Some people just can't do without BC's, in the morning they send bC telling you that its morning. In the night they send BC that its night.
The most annoying one is when someone is kidnapped,they send Bc asking you to pass it on...

Am like,Pass it on till it gets to who? Jack Bauer? undecided

Beats me! Very annoying habit. Lol @jack bauer
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by EfemenaXY: 10:03pm On Apr 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: @Efemena;
I've tried contacting u but the mails are not being delivered.

Mail me when u see this.

Mazi, sent you mail.

Check your inbox pls.
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by Emmyk(m): 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
Lol. The one I hate most is on WhatsApp. That if I dont pass the message on something bad will happen to me.. I'm just indifferent sha
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by steffans(m): 11:50am On May 09, 2013
MTN Msgs make me go Mad...
And lately... D msgs come in more dan nornal msgs..... *angry* sad
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by shordie(m): 2:29pm On May 09, 2013
Simply delete the ones you can and ignore the ones you can't delete!!!
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by Gboliwe: 8:14am On May 10, 2013
The BCs are annoying. I keep warning but these guys won't hear. I should start deleting. Afterall, they don't do anything more than BCs. They are redundant.
Our networks are very useless. They alert u as late as 2am and when u read its about callertunes. Is there a way to stop them?
Re: How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? by dridowu: 8:42am On May 10, 2013
Truly some bbm contact can be annoying and dy need 2 b deleted, dy broadcast anytime anyday anywhere and 4 d short code text msg dou difficult to block but i just delete witout reading.

(1) (Reply)

British Police Arrests 10-year-old Muslim For Poor Spelling - Photo / Former First Lady Of Akwa Ibom, Isemin Passes Away / How Many Apps/websites Are You Currently Addicted To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.