Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? (1085 Views)

Has Anyone Ever Really Won Sport Bet Via "Fixed Matches"? / How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? / Matter Of Life Or Death, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by koolJ1(f): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2013
So we have all at one time or the other been assailed with broadcast messages telling how someone is in dire need (of what??) And we as recipients are expected to (what? Re-broadcast?). Here is a sample I got this morning:
A CALL FOR HELP !!!
A lady going to Onitsha from Abuja in PEACE mass transit is in a local hospital in Okene area.....the driver was persuaded to take her to a nearby hospital as she was vomiting blood which led to her collapse...An OKO POLY ID card in her bag says she is a member of enugu ukwu student ass. and with the name CHINENYE V. OKONKWO. Am on my knees SHARE THIS please

I normally ignore these but I stopped for a second to think...how exactly am I supposed to help this (these) person(s)? Does re-broadcasting ever really help? Have you witnessed or even heard of any account of one being helped by broadcast messages? I mean, aren't the chances of someone knowing the victim thinner than a strand of cobweb? Nairalanders, over to you.
Re: Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by NnamdiN: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2013
I think it does. It might eventually get to her colleagues, friend, family friend(s) etc.

I don't send though coz I hate receiving it.

There are too many BBm users to help RE-BC.
Some people do not even read the damn thing, they just mark all their contacts and resend. Most are recycled.
Re: Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by koolJ1(f): 9:29am On Oct 17, 2013
^^^ exactly! I absolutely hate receiving them and do not even bother to re-send. I wonder if it has ever helped someone, somewhere I mean I get bcs about an accident that has just occured somewhere in the south-west while I'm in the south-east...how exactly does my bc help?
Re: Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by NnamdiN: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2013
I have seen someone with over 2000 contacts, I believe there are people from different regions of the country amongst them. Should that kinda person send a BC, and just one person from south west re-bcs it. I believe that's all it needs to get across to them so it does help.

Personally, I haven't come across anyone who got help from a BC sha. Maybe some other nairalanders have. Let's wait for them to confirm.
Re: Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by koolJ1(f): 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wow that's quite a number. Assuming such person isn't too busy to send a bc...
Re: Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by NnamdiN: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
He's a DJ, he keeps sending one rubbish after the other.
Re: Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by koolJ1(f): 8:03am On Oct 18, 2013
Lol I would prolly delete him, I can stand only so many bcs
Re: Do These Broadcast Messages Ever Really Help To Save A Life Or Something? by NnamdiN: 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Well He's just one of those peeps you can't delete.

(1) (Reply)

Family Announces Burial Arrangement For Late Prof. Dora Akunyili / Horn Free Day In Lagos / Nigeria Army ‘retakes Mubi From Boko Haram’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.