Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. (823 Views)

Why Do Men Always Wake Up Like This In The Morning? / Which Mumu Deleted My Post Here On Nairaland About Stella??? / Hello Nairaland About Me (pinklips) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by israelboy1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
i don't know the best place to place this, but just want to share this info. thanks
Thou this might look harsh, but we must simply tell ourselves some truths, through all my research all naira land, what I have noticed is that the articles that makes the front page does not worth making it at all, the articles that are not educative, the ones that are not informative, thou it is believed that one must not be too serious, but let your seriousness not be more than the time you make use in joking, so is NAIRALAND a comedy avenue now or entertainers shop?
This is the percentage of every trend that makes the front page on NAIRALAND through my research
Informative 10%
Educative 5%
Jokes 20%
Entertainment 65%
Is NAIRALAND the room for entertainers now? everything we see on NAIRALAND now is all about the celebrities who does not even have the time for the citizens of their own country, if you want your article to make the front page, just tag the name of some of the so called celebrities, which I won’t like to mention their name inside your article, within the twinkle of an eye, its already on the front page, enough of all those things moderators, let us try to boost up the work of our people, the celebrities have already made their own way, who knows a member of NAIRA LAND can also make his own way through what he or she will post, NAIRALANDERS let us try to wake up, and carry this continent to a greater height.
If only NAIRALAND will be able to advance to Africa land, it will be far better, that’s when NAIRALAND will be able to meet all of the youths need in the whole of Africa, not even Nigeria only, I believe we are all one. There was even a time I was browsing through the internet, which is the best 20 novels in the world, every of this novels were made by the Americans only, does that means we don’t have legends in our country? We can also make use of this website to help those that are good in boosting themselves up, through sharing their good articles with more people. If NAIRALAND can do this, it will surely get more traffic.
What even baffles me most is that some people writes (pls moderators let this be shown on the front page) on their post before it can be posted on the front page, that should not be NAIRALAND, since this website as gone to a greater height does not mean it should be greater than those who owns it, there re lots of appointed moderators who are suppose to carry out their work, but they are becoming lukewarm, things on the front page should be changed maybe every 3hours, that’s when NAIRALAND can make more fans and see more members, because when anyone wants to check this site, he/she will be rest assured that he will surely see something new. There was even a post I was reading, where a Ghanaian called Nigeria a home of spammers, see what we are talking about, when we are not capable of handling our own problems, we start to poke nose into other peoples own, we then write source (the site at which the info is gotten from at the end of the write up). We cannot even boast of a good writer on NAIRALAND, thou I might not be that informative, but those that are talented in this act are discouraged through what NAIRALAND is offering, am not criticizing this site thou, but we just have to tell ourselves some truths.
Less I forget this should be the normal stat for every post that makes the front page
Educative 50%
Informative 30%
Jokes 15%
Entertainment 5%
God bless NIGERIA.
God Bless AFRICA
NIGERIA my country
AFRICA my home

4 Likes

Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by kmanning: 10:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
Well, every1 has reasons for coming to this forum. We can't all be business-like people. Honestly, there's no day I log on this site that I didn't gain some crucial information. It's all relative. Many times i woudln't add any comment bt just read and passed.
And mind u, it's gud to relax ur nerves with jokes and entertainments.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by israelboy1(m): 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
am nt against entertainment nd jokes, but most people can never see things the same way you are seeing it, so people have their own different taste, its not that they shouldn't post things about entertainers, but people shlud be able to grab things from it.
Nd i am not talking about each trend, but the front page i mean.

God bless
Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by tpia5: 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
yes, nl is entertainment based.

1 Like

Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2013
israel boy: i don't know the best place to place this, but just want to share this info. thanks
Thou this might look harsh, but we must simply tell ourselves some truths, through all my research all naira land, what I have noticed is that the articles that makes the front page does not worth making it at all, the articles that are not educative, the ones that are not informative, thou it is believed that one must not be too serious, but let your seriousness not be more than the time you make use in joking, so is NAIRALAND a comedy avenue now or entertainers shop?
This is the percentage of every trend that makes the front page on NAIRALAND through my research
Informative 10%
Educative 5%
Jokes 20%
Entertainment 65%
Is NAIRALAND the room for entertainers now? everything we see on NAIRALAND now is all about the celebrities who does not even have the time for the citizens of their own country, if you want your article to make the front page, just tag the name of some of the so called celebrities, which I won’t like to mention their name inside your article, within the twinkle of an eye, its already on the front page, enough of all those things moderators, let us try to boost up the work of our people, the celebrities have already made their own way, who knows a member of NAIRA LAND can also make his own way through what he or she will post, NAIRALANDERS let us try to wake up, and carry this continent to a greater height.
If only NAIRALAND will be able to advance to Africa land, it will be far better, that’s when NAIRALAND will be able to meet all of the youths need in the whole of Africa, not even Nigeria only, I believe we are all one. There was even a time I was browsing through the internet, which is the best 20 novels in the world, every of this novels were made by the Americans only, does that means we don’t have legends in our country? We can also make use of this website to help those that are good in boosting themselves up, through sharing their good articles with more people. If NAIRALAND can do this, it will surely get more traffic.
What even baffles me most is that some people writes (pls moderators let this be shown on the front page) on their post before it can be posted on the front page, that should not be NAIRALAND, since this website as gone to a greater height does not mean it should be greater than those who owns it, there re lots of appointed moderators who are suppose to carry out their work, but they are becoming lukewarm, things on the front page should be changed maybe every 3hours, that’s when NAIRALAND can make more fans and see more members, because when anyone wants to check this site, he/she will be rest assured that he will surely see something new. There was even a post I was reading, where a Ghanaian called Nigeria a home of spammers, see what we are talking about, when we are not capable of handling our own problems, we start to poke nose into other peoples own, we then write source (the site at which the info is gotten from at the end of the write up). We cannot even boast of a good writer on NAIRALAND, thou I might not be that informative, but those that are talented in this act are discouraged through what NAIRALAND is offering, am not criticizing this site thou, but we just have to tell ourselves some truths.
Less I forget this should be the normal stat for every post that makes the front page
Educative 50%
Informative 30%
Jokes 15%
Entertainment 5%
God bless NIGERIA.
God Bless AFRICA
NIGERIA my country
AFRICA my home
Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by dominique(f): 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
Op, yet you were clamouring for first page with this thread smh
www.nairaland.com/1270642/nairalander-paris-since-latest-trend
Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by israelboy1(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
dominique: Op, yet you were clamouring for first page with this thread smh
www.nairaland.com/1270642/nairalander-paris-since-latest-trend

dominique, i wish u can read this trend again, did i make mention of them not posting something funny on the front page, assuming u were current with what was really happening with the nairaland front page last week, in which 98percent of the articles there were nairalander with celeb, i dnt knw what nairaland was celebrating that was the reason of me also putting my pics nd telling them to put it on the front page, i dont mean we should be to serious about the front page, but it should be somehw educative, there re lots of articles writer who will love their works to be on the front page, but unfortunate for them they only have either b views or 9, hw will they be encouraged domique?
Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by dasparrow: 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
@Post

I see your point. Nairaland was not this way many years ago. Serious threads that called for serious topics of discussion graced the front page. Now however, it is all about a nairalander posing with one celebrity after the other or threads that will incite hatred and ethnic or gender bashing. It is what it is. What can one do?

1 Like

Re: Wake Up Call For NAIRALAND. About ur Front Page these Days. by israelboy1(m): 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

I see your point. Nairaland was not this way many years ago. Serious threads that called for serious topics of discussion graced the front page. Now however, it is all about a nairalander posing with one celebrity after the other or threads that will incite hatred and ethnic or gender bashing. It is what it is. What can one do?

well since in the name of the mods becoming more famous, just becos they are snapping with celebs, the ones with good articles have no choice than to make their post in word press, sad nairaland, the website that is suppose to carry the works of her citizens to a much greater place is now the one casuing a lot of hatred in ethnic bashing, infact there was a time a saw a post in which was referring to ghana, if you see the way a ghana defined we nigerians, (Nigeria the home of spammers) up till date, am still regretting reading that post, cos it pained me alot seeing our neigboring country calling us such, well we are still waiting for nairaland to wake up from her slumber, and not to help the so called celebrities in advertising their work, but to help out those crying from the pit

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To August Nairaland / Supreme Court Declares Mimiko Winner Of Ondo State Governorship Election. / You Cant Do That Right Now Please Try In A Few Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.