Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Biblical Contradictions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Contradictions (810 Views)

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Great Bible Contradictions / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biblical Contradictions by mastercee(m): 10:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
A man may marry his brother's widow
Deut 25:5
A man may not marry his brother's widow
Lev 20:21

Hatred to kindred enjoined
Luke 14:26
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29

Intoxicating beverages recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32

It is our duty to obey our rulers, who are God's ministers and punish evil doers only
Rom 13:1-3,6
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who
sometimes punish the good and receive unto themselves damnation
therefore
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan 6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/ Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35

Women's rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor 14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women's rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9

Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10

There is an unpardonable sin
Mark 3:29
There is not unpardonable sin
Acts 13:39

Man was created after the other animals
Gen 1:25,26,27
Man was created before the other animals
Gen 2:18,19

Seed time and harvest were never to cease
Gen 8:22
Seed time and harvest did cease for seven years
Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6

God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
Pharaoh hardened his own heart
Ex 8:15

All the cattle and horses in Egypt died
Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
All the horses of Egypt did not die
Ex 14:9

Moses feared Pharaoh
Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
Moses did not fear Pharaoh
Heb 11:27

There died of the plague twenty-four
thousand
Num 25:9
There died of the plague but twenty-three thousand
1 Cor 10:8

John the Baptist was Elias
Matt 11:14
John the Baptist was not Elias
John 1:21

The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was Heli
Luke 3:23

The father of Salah was Arphaxad
Gen 11:12
The father of Salah was Cainan
Luke 3:35,36

There were fourteen generations from
Abraham to David
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:2-6

There were fourteen generations from the Babylonian captivity to Christ.
There were but thirteen generations from the Babylonian captivity to Christ
Matt 1:12-16

The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,2 3
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39

Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
John 2:1,2

1 Like

Re: Biblical Contradictions by bolaino(m): 10:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
Let me reserve this space.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
I got more but no point posting them
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Goshen360(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
This OP sha, he just like to look for my trouble sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Biblical Contradictions by larrymoore(m): 12:06am On Apr 21, 2013
Every living makes mistake,thefore only spirit cannot be an exception.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by dont8(m): 12:38am On Apr 21, 2013
Go to school of theology and get understanding and the wisdom to interpret the
holy book better, oh you of little faith.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by FromGuiriga(m): 5:01am On Apr 21, 2013
dont8: Go to school of theology and get understanding and the wisdom to interpret the
holy book better, oh you of little faith.

Did you go to theology school?
If yes, can you teach us by picking one of the these alleged contradictions and interpret them with understanding and wisdom that you were thought in theology school.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by FromGuiriga(m): 5:10am On Apr 21, 2013
mastercee: A man may marry his brother's widow
Deut 25:5
A man may not marry his brother's widow
Lev 20:21

Hatred to kindred enjoined
Luke 14:26
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29

Intoxicating beverages recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32

It is our duty to obey our rulers, who are God's ministers and punish evil doers only
Rom 13:1-3,6
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who
sometimes punish the good and receive unto themselves damnation
therefore
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan 6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/ Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35

Women's rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor 14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women's rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9

Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10

There is an unpardonable sin
Mark 3:29
There is not unpardonable sin
Acts 13:39

Man was created after the other animals
Gen 1:25,26,27
Man was created before the other animals
Gen 2:18,19

Seed time and harvest were never to cease
Gen 8:22
Seed time and harvest did cease for seven years
Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6

God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
Pharaoh hardened his own heart
Ex 8:15

All the cattle and horses in Egypt died
Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
All the horses of Egypt did not die
Ex 14:9

Moses feared Pharaoh
Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
Moses did not fear Pharaoh
Heb 11:27

There died of the plague twenty-four
thousand
Num 25:9
There died of the plague but twenty-three thousand
1 Cor 10:8

John the Baptist was Elias
Matt 11:14
John the Baptist was not Elias
John 1:21

The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was Heli
Luke 3:23

The father of Salah was Arphaxad
Gen 11:12
The father of Salah was Cainan
Luke 3:35,36

There were fourteen generations from
Abraham to David
There were but thirteen generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:2-6

There were fourteen generations from the Babylonian captivity to Christ.
There were but thirteen generations from the Babylonian captivity to Christ
Matt 1:12-16

The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,2 3
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39

Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
John 2:1,2

Christian stop fooling your selves, upon all these contradictions u still call this novel word of God

A lot of possible contradictions. I'll address the one in red:
Deut 25:5--In the event a of brothers that live together and one dies. It is allowed.
Lev 20:21--Presumably the other brother is still alive. One brother is sneaking around with the other brother wife. Not cool and not allowed.
That is my understanding.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Goshen360(m): 5:17am On Apr 21, 2013
Una don dey step on my toes for too long with these so called contradictions. If you don't understand something doesn't mean it is false or contradictory. I don't have to go to theology school to explain the word, the power that works in us does that through us. Glory to God, praise God.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by vowiski(m): 5:44am On Apr 21, 2013
Goshen360: Una don dey step on my toes for too long with these so called contradictions. If you don't understand something doesn't mean it is false or contradictory. I don't have to go to theology school to explain the word, the power that works in us does that through us. Glory to God, praise God.

It is not about praise God, it is your ignorance. That's how clergy-men deceive many followers from the pulpit. Always read every verse with understanding..

For example:
Mathew 11:14 And if you are willing to
accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.

John 1:21 - They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you
Elijah?”
He said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”

I did a quick comparism of just of the the OP so-called contradiction and it was total BS..

In my picture, is an example of such scriptural lies to fit what the clergy-man wants. Although, there is a bible verse, did you bother to affirm the relationship between the biblical usage and the clergy-man's explanation? NO! #shame

Re: Biblical Contradictions by Goshen360(m): 6:17am On Apr 21, 2013
@ vowiski,

What has my comment got to do with your sayings? I don't understand how what I said that you quoted both correlate. Is it that I said, 'glory to God, praise God' that is your issue here or something else? Or maybe I'm missing something from your post.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 21, 2013
vowiski:

It is not about praise God, it is your ignorance. That's how clergy-men deceive many followers from the pulpit. Always read every verse with understanding..

For example:

Elijah?”
He said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”

I did a quick comparism of just of the the OP so-called contradiction and it was total BS..

In my picture, is an example of such scriptural lies to fit what the clergy-man wants. Although, there is a bible verse, did you bother to affirm the relationship between the biblical usage and the clergy-man's explanation? NO! #shame
HOW CAN YOU UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES WHEN YOU ARE BLINDED BY SATAN.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.2 Corinthians 4:4
Re: Biblical Contradictions by ijawkid(m): 6:57am On Apr 21, 2013
vowiski:

For example:

Elijah?”
He said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
He answered, “No.”

when Jesus said John was the Elijah that was to come he only meant John was to act in the manner of the prophet Elijah......simple and short.........

Elijahs actions and works fore-shadowed that of John's..................

Hope you dey see am??.........
Re: Biblical Contradictions by bolaino(m): 7:08am On Apr 21, 2013
Bidam: HOW CAN YOU UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES WHEN YOU ARE BLINDED BY SATAN.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.2 Corinthians 4:4
why are christians like these, u are all seeing the obvious flaws and errancies in the bible and u're saying somebody is being blinded by satan, the reverse should be the case, u guys are the one that are being blinded by satan,
Re: Biblical Contradictions by ninja4life(m): 7:14am On Apr 21, 2013

so God cannot subdue dat fucking god blinding up to 4.5billion unbelievers in order to save them from destruction or is that his plan to incinerate billions of people in hell how is he different from satan or isnt he more powerful than satan what will happen to supposing millions of peole dat does not hear about jesus in their lifetime talkless of rejecting him so dey are all gonna be thrown into hell fire for eternity over wat dey do no have control over.smj for dat loving God dat does not mind throwing 90% of human population into hell dats too bad of him.pure crap.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 21, 2013
The bible is inherently flawed (albeit it still has its purpose). Anyone who believes otherwise is deceiving himself. If the bible was truly handed down by God there wont be so much flaws in it and it wont have needed men to assemble it into a book. Most of the bible was written by bronze age herdsmen who were looking for ways to protect their culture and understand the world around them.
Being a lover of figures, if it was truly God who gave the bible, we should have precise figures. For instance, during a battle, it would have been written that 5236 people died or 9655 people. Not the 5000 or 3000 round figures that we find in the bible. And definitely not by giving us two contradictory figures in two different books of the bible.
Face it guys:
The world wasnt created in 6 days.
The world isnt 6000-8000 yrs old.
Adam didnt name all the animals on the earth (sounds like tales by moonlight).
There was no tower of Babel (another fantasy that isnt unlike any common African fable e.g How the Zebra got its stripes).
I do believe in God. I just dont believe in Religious propaganda and bunkum and if u are gonna defend the bible please use logic dont draw ur defense from the same book that we are critically and intellectually scrutinising.

2 Likes

Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 21, 2013

LOL. I am sure muslims (the tolerant ones) will say the same thing to u should u choose to make this same argument that we are making about the bible to them about the Koran. And I am sure it wont faze u one bit. Dont u see the futility of ur comment?

1 Like

Re: Biblical Contradictions by vowiski(m): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2013

You got me all wrong, same way some of you misinterpret the bible and go about peddling the gospel..

We are to try them., not every spirit may be of God. John4:1.

Every messenger and doctrine is to be judged according to the word of God.

The church at Ephesus was commended because they were tried. Rev. 2.2. The church at Pergamous was rebuked because they held d doctrine of Balaal. Rev.2:14-15
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
bolaino: why are christians like these, u are all seeing the obvious flaws and errancies in the bible and u're saying somebody is being blinded by satan, the reverse should be the case, u guys are the one that are being blinded by satan,

what do you mean by errancies?pls enlighten us.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
ninja4life: so God cannot subdue dat fucking god blinding up to 4.5billion unbelievers in order to save them from destruction or is that his plan to incinerate billions of people in hell how is he different from satan or isnt he more powerful than satan what will happen to supposing millions of peole dat does not hear about jesus in their lifetime talkless of rejecting him so dey are all gonna be thrown into hell fire for eternity over wat dey do no have control over.smj for dat loving God dat does not mind throwing 90% of human population into hell dats too bad of him.pure crap.
God did not wish any man to perish..i was once blind like you but now i can see.it is your choice
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:
LOL. I am sure muslims (the tolerant ones) will say the same thing to u should u choose to make this same argument that we are making about the bible to them about the Koran. And I am sure it wont faze u one bit. Dont u see the futility of ur comment?
grin grin the futility is on you ishmael. i was a muslim before.but thank God for Jesus who delivered me from that bondage of religion. i understand you my brother.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
Bidam: grin grin the futility is on you ishmael. i was a muslim before.but thank God for Jesus who delivered me from that bondage of religion. i understand you my brother.

U arent a very intelligent person, are u? How u came to assume that I am a muslim from that my last statement is an enigma. Speaks a lot about ur feeble intellect. And dude u still havent said anything. I remain resolutely unfazed as I was by ur inital comment that I quoted.
And dude, christianity is also a religion. And like all religion, the book on which it is based is riddled with fiction. Keep telling urself u are free from the bondage of religion if that makes u sleep at night.
Re: Biblical Contradictions by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 22, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: U arent a very intelligent person, are u? How u came to assume that I am a muslim from that my last statement is an enigma. Speaks a lot about ur feeble intellect.
ofcos to follow God you have to be foolish anyway..so your statement is not coming as a suprise.Am not assuming anything bro. ur post implied you are a muslim maybe you later changed along the line..anywaz that's your prob.
And dude u still havent said anything. I remain resolutely unfazed as I was by ur inital comment that I quoted.
irrelevant to me..just as i remain resolute to my convictions.
And dude, christianity is also a religion. And like all religion, the book on which it is based is riddled with fiction. Keep telling urself u are free from the bondage of religion if that makes u sleep at night.
God never made religion. Man made it. if you are talking from an atheist point of view i can understand.

(1) (Reply)

Nasa Finds Message From God On Mars / David Didnt Kill Goliath / My Visit To Chris Okotie's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.