Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information (1450 Views)

Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / CLAM Church Opens SOTERIA Hospital In Lagos (Photo) / Please Can Anyone Recommend A Good Hospital For Fibroid Surgery In Naija (2) (3) (4)

STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information by estrelinha: 12:31am On Apr 21, 2013
Hello, I am from Germany; my husband's beloved mum in Nigeria had a stroke two days ago cry cry cry She is in a hospital near Mbaise or Owerri at the moment;

does anybody know of a good hospital that is specialized in that field in Port Harcourt, Imo State, Anambra....?

(Port Harcourt would be best as my husband's sister lives there with her family and could take care of her)

Besides, can anybody whose family member, friend....already suffered from a stroke give advice and share his/her experience, e.g. concerning the days immediately after the stroke, and the rehabilitation (and how, and where it was conducted),

and if there is anything even a family member could do in that respect (like giving massages; I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when something like stroke is concerned, but who knows, perhaps there is something that has a beneficial effect and could already be done before she is transferred to a specialized hospital)?
Re: STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information by estrelinha: 12:35am On Apr 21, 2013
I don't want to offend anyone, but as I don't know anything about the standard of general hospitals in Nigeria when it comes to diagnosis and immediate treatment after a stroke, can someone tell me if a general hospital normally has facilities for assessing the type of stroke, and to see what area of the brain is affected?

And are general hospitals able to deal sufficiently with strokes in general?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and God bless you
Re: STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information by aPr: 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
After stabilising her condition you need someone to massage and care for her regularly. A doctor from the general hospital can advice on that.
Re: STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information by bodik(m): 5:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
A general hospital would stabilize her condition imediately but afterwards she would have to leave for home and that is where the main care comes in. My dad had a stroke some 3 yrs back and we learnt so much from it. Get st pills and dansen and you need some locals also to massager her or machine massage.
Re: STROKE: Good Hospital In Port Harcourt????? And Generally Tips And Information by Adewummy007: 7:07am On Apr 22, 2013
Get a good physiotherapist. Not any but trained and experienced Physiotherapist. There are many physiotherapist in Lagos and I think there will be physiotherapist in PH. Try google and use linkedin.

Signs Of Ovulation And The Secrets Of Fertility Charting / World's First Penis REDUCTION Surgery: / Cancer Patient Roasts Himself Over Hot Coals To Cure Leukaemia(photo)