Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,356 members, 7,850,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:06 PM

Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. (767 Views)

When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by smartg(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2013
How do you give offering in your church?, and which style do you like most?. Singing and Dancing to the altar or passing round the offering bags seat by seat?. State the reason for your style.
Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2013

1 Like

Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by smartg(m): 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
ooseven: Singing and dancing out ensures everyone sees the "miser" that refused to give to God.

Sitting down increases the chances of worshippers not "dropping".

Best option for pastor = Dance out.
Best option for regular worshipper= sit down
Best option for me= Neither, I stream the service live.
lol, if you prefer neither of the two, that means you don't like the offering at all in your church.
Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by Goshen360(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
@ Opening Post,

The Apostolic church, that is, the founding fathers do not have such practices. Even the so called church offerings today are meant for the poor among them. This is not to mean that 'offerings' are not to be used for other needs but the only reason collections are made in the New Testament is to empower or help the poor among them out of their poverty; not the sunday sunday tonic we have this days and never are the poor among ourselves helped.
Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by Degis(m): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
Goshen360: @ Opening Post,

The Apostolic church, that is, the founding fathers do not have such practices. Even the so called church offerings today are meant for the poor among them. This is not to mean that 'offerings' are not to be used for other needs but the only reason collections are made in the New Testament is to empower or help the poor among them out of their poverty; not the sunday sunday tonic we have this days and never are the poor among ourselves helped.

Another promoter of false doctrine!. How were the massive crusades in the Bible carried out, if they gave their all to the poor only?. It is by thinking outside the box that you will realise that offerings were given in the church for different purposes
Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by Goshen360(m): 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Degis:

Another promoter of false doctrine!. How were the massive crusades in the Bible carried out, if they gave their all to the poor only?. It is by thinking outside the box that you will realise that offerings were given in the church for different purposes

Can you please show us where money contributed in the early church went for 'massive crusade'? Again, I didn't say money contributed MUST BE ONLY FOR THE POOR BUT IT IS MOSTLY USED FOR THE POOR AMONG THE EARLY CHURCH.
Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by smartg(m): 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
Goshen360: @ Opening Post,

do you mean the apostolic church does not collect offering on Sundays?.
Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by Goshen360(m): 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
^ I'm not referring to the Apostolic Church such as we have today, I mean the early Apostolic Church. And Read me very well, I said, the contributions they collect was for the poor saints MAINLY.

New International Version (©2011)
Now about the collection for the Lord's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. 1 Corinthians 16:1-2

Collection in the early (Apostolic) church was for the PEOPLE, mainly, the poor saints. That's the basis of my statement. I also said, today's church does not necessarily have to spend all collection on the poor saints BUT MOST of the collections should be used for the poor saints in the midst of each church.
Re: Dance To The Altar Or Pass The Offering Bags Around During The Offering Time?. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
smartg :
How do you give offering in your church?, and which style do you like most?. Singing and Dancing to the altar or passing round the offering bags seat by seat?. State the reason for your style.

When you guys are singing and dancing , the pastor is laughing grin

$$$$ more dollars to your greasy elbows !!

smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

End-time Tinz: Lavish Lifestyles Of LA Preachers On Show In New Reality TV Show / A Witch Who Sold Her Soul To Satan / Questions For Those Against Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.