Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Questions For Those Against Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Those Against Tithes (762 Views)

14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Those Against Tithes by psalmdave(m): 3:48am On Oct 20, 2013
Yes,its another tithe thread....very controversial as always but my questions goes like this.

1.Who are u against:-Are u against the paying tithe doctrine or pastors receiving the tithes?

2:-Most of you were tithe payers,yes, where your hearts really paying this tithes to God or the pastors?

3:-What is your mission on nairaland?
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by Redhot111(m): 4:56am On Oct 20, 2013
psalmdave: Yes,its another tithe thread....very controversial as always but my questions goes like this.

1.Who are u against:-Are u against the paying tithe doctrine or pastors receiving the tithes?

2:-Most of you were tithe payers,yes, where your hearts really paying this tithes to God or the pastors?

are u a pastor or a pastor's son?
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by psalmdave(m): 4:59am On Oct 20, 2013
Redhot111: are u a pastor or a pastor's son?
lipsrsealed
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by PastorKun(m): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2013
psalmdave: Yes,its another tithe thread....very controversial as always but my questions goes like this.

On the contrary the questions should be directed to those preaching tithes.

1. Is there any requirement in the bible for christians to tithe?

2. Is it right for pastor's to twist scripture to justify monetary tithe from income?

3. What is the real motive of tithe preaching pastors?

4 Likes

Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by psalmdave(m): 8:45am On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

On the contrary the questions should be directed to those preaching tithes.

1. Is there any requirement in the bible for christians to tithe?

2. Is it right for pastor's to twist scripture to justify monetary tithe from income?

3. What is the real motive of tithe preaching pastors?
Pastor kun u are welcome

it would have been better if answered mine first?
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by Aifey(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2013
Remove d tith n offering fromd church, I bet u, U will no longer here "I was called by God to serve him" " I am a man of God" rubbish. Greed n sweet mouth.
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by KwoiZabo(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by KwoiZabo(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2013

1. We are against the pastors receiving tithes because they are not levites (Heb 7:5) and the doctrine because we are not of the law but of a better hope by which we draw near to God.(Heb 7:19).
2. I was paying tithe but as i matured in christianity and understood Grace and Truth (John1:17) i stopped but mind you my love for God and my service in the body of Christ at times takes up to 30% of my income.
3. Our mission on Nairaland is to save the body of Christ from wolves that have come in sheep's clothing Matt. 7:1-end(15), to halt the proliferation of criminals that have hijacked our pulpits today and to stop the wickedness of someone telling a student who can barely feed, or a young man who cannot afford food and drugs for their aged parents or a market woman who cannot change the mosquito nets in her house to part with 10% of his/her income in the name of paying tithe. The merciful and compassionate God that i serve cannot make such demands only that people have not studied God's word properly and left themselves at the mercy of these greedy 'pastors'.
Please where is Frosbel we are missing him o!

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2013
Threads like this shows that there is sufficient amount of decrease in tithe paying.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by psalmdave(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2013
KwoiZabo:
1. We are against the pastors receiving tithes because they are not levites (Heb 7:5) and the doctrine because we are not of the law but of a better hope by which we draw near to God.(Heb 7:19).
2. I was paying tithe but as i matured in christianity and understood Grace and Truth (John1:17) i stopped but mind you my love for God and my service in the body of Christ at times takes up to 30% of my income.
3. Our mission on Nairaland is to save the body of Christ from wolves that have come in sheep's clothing Matt. 7:1-end(15), to halt the proliferation of criminals that have hijacked our pulpits today and to stop the wickedness of someone telling a student who can barely feed, or a young man who cannot afford food and drugs for their aged parents or a market woman who cannot change the mosquito nets in her house to part with 10% of his/her income in the name of paying tithe. The merciful and compassionate God that i serve cannot make such demands only that people have not studied God's word properly and left themselves at the mercy of these greedy 'pastors'.
Please where is Frosbel we are missing him o!
So u are concluding tithe payers are not matured in christianity and have not studied God's word properly?
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by PastorKun(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
psalmdave: So u are concluding tithe payers are not matured in christianity and have not studied God's word properly?

There is absolutely no way one would study the word of God properly and also study the biblical tithe doctrine and the person would subscribe to the false version of tithes being preached today. Any pastor that preaches tithing today is either ignorant or fraudulent as the tithing doctrine negates the true gospel of christ.
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by psalmdave(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

There is absolutely no way one would study the word of God properly and also study the biblical tithe doctrine and the person would subscribe to the false version of tithes being preached today. Any pastor that preaches tithing today is either ignorant or fraudulent as the tithing doctrine negates the true gospel of christ.
So what is malachi 3:8 all about then?
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by PastorKun(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
psalmdave: So what is malachi 3:8 all about then?

It's about the levitical priesthood which as seized to function and it is totally irrelevant to christianity.
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by Kenchosen: 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2013
Is all about d priest dat fail 2pay or bring d food n animals as tithes n offering in d store house of God.
However tithes got expired at d Cross wit every oda 612 laws.
Somebody praise d Lord.
It is well people of God.
psalmdave: So what is malachi 3:8 all about then?
Re: Questions For Those Against Tithes by psalmdave(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
hmm,so do u guys have the same views on vows and pledges

(1) (Reply)

Tweak/cheat Codes A Sin Or Not ? / "What Does The Bible Say About Angels?" / Everyone Is Going To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.