Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,803 members, 7,851,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

Genesis 1:3 Let There Be Light ( theory calls for questioning) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Genesis 1:3 Let There Be Light ( theory calls for questioning) (590 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Why Does God Refer To Himself In The Plural In Genesis 1:26 And 3:22? / Was There A World Before Genesis 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genesis 1:3 Let There Be Light ( theory calls for questioning) by Joel3(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
Genesis 1:3-10 New International Version (NIV)

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

“In Genesis 1:3, the Old Testament records that God said: ‘Let there be light.’ Since the sun, moon, and stars were not made until the fourth day (1:14-16), what was the nature of the ‘light’ mentioned in verse 3?”
Re: Genesis 1:3 Let There Be Light ( theory calls for questioning) by Goshen360(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Joel, this topic had been discussed many times. Why not do a search and see if you get an answer. It's a literal light anyway and God himself was the source without the moon, sun & star. It was a light that dispelled the primonal darkness.
Re: Genesis 1:3 Let There Be Light ( theory calls for questioning) by Joel3(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
in the creation the sun did not make any relevant other than for light and season. but i tell you scientifically the sun is the key master or the pillar of the solar system. without the sun the day cannot be possible. the whole earth wound have ice up. i dont know if you understand anything about the north pole and south pole. that is what the entire earth would look like. beside there is no ice mention in that creation theories other than waters. the sun is what make the earth to spin. i dont know if you can answer that. i know what i am saying but i just want to teach you some things and also by way of learning maybe little things from you aswell.
Re: Genesis 1:3 Let There Be Light ( theory calls for questioning) by mantraa: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
Very good question Joel. I wonder if anyone can provide a rational answer?
Re: Genesis 1:3 Let There Be Light ( theory calls for questioning) by Goshen360(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
Confusing? I will deal with it later, not today sir.

(1) (Reply)

The Names Of God Almighty / The 7th Heaven / Happy Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.