Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health (9084 Views)

NLC Gives Rochas Okorocha 14-day Ultimatum / Diezani Alison-madueke Dies In London Hospital - Theimpulseng / Buhari Not In London Hospital – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by docadams: 9:44am On Apr 22, 2013
apoti:

You mean he should have been tested and treated in Nigeria like Patience Jonathan did. Or he should have told us he went to rest just like you paymaster's.

You are just a miserable fellow undecided
U got it all wrong. That there was no need for all those details is a fact. If d spokesman is not a doctor then he exceeded his mandate. But if he is then he indulged in verbosity. Because of d personality involved d public of cause is entitled to some information that is relevant but brief. Otherwise, one will be breaching patient-doctor confidentiality rules.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by GentleNaaz(m): 9:52am On Apr 22, 2013
Pee Dee Pee mmheeewww..... E no work.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by toshacer: 9:53am On Apr 22, 2013
If this had been a PDP governor. hmmmmm.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Okijajuju1(m): 9:58am On Apr 22, 2013
chiover: hmmm @ your use of the term FLEE as if there is/was war. I remember reading a thread sometime ago where you said that you're a qualified Medical Doctor, may I ask you this question, what exactly do you think is the problem of our health sector, is it incompetent personnels or lack of funds? Please I really want do know your view. There must be a leakage somewhere that forced our leaders into seeking medical attention abroad

[b]Let me butt in for a second..

I believe that the problem with our healthcare system is not limited to one thing.

First and foremost, the number one problem is funding. Funding not just in the sense of Salaries and equipments o!! But also research. Go abroad, you will hear things like Chicago State University Hospital is leading in the research for Breas`t cancer. But nothing like that happens here. Corruption is another issue. You see a medical ward abrod, its well equipped with heart rate monitors, machines and equipments all over, but in Nigeria, a brand new 'state of the art' hospital built by a government has just Beds, I.V stands, bedside cupboards and manual equipments. Something as basic as an X-ray machine sef is not available, talkless of a CT scanner or an MRI machine.

I must commend our doctors who tend to do what I call Blind medecine. They diagonose, treat and medicate patients most times without any electronic help like their counterparts in the states. I'm speaking for the good doctors (which are quite many) here. Ask for the bad eggs amonsgt them, ...

Ask for the Hospital assistants like Nurses and attendants, their problems range from poor training to lack of professional discipline and also zero zeal for their jobs. Thats why you can walk into a hospital and a Nurse would just ignore you and be gisting on the phone or be so uncouth to you.

Cleaners!! This is another matter that should be looked into. First problem I see here is the cutting of cost for the purchase of cleaning materials. Most times, they use these local detergents that destroy the gloss and shimmer of tiles. After 1 year, a hospitals toilets and bathrooms are an eyesore. Secondly, I think the Doctors themselves try to divert money here by contracting individuals to clean the toilets rather than paying a company a bulk some to manage the hospitals sanitation.

Basically, the health sector needs to be overhauled.. NOTHING IS WORKING THERE!! Whenever I'm sick, I dont go near a Government hospital. Not because I dont think they have good doctors o! But because the environment most times is worse than my illnness.

To fix the problems in our health sector, the Government needs to do the following;

1. Fund researches.
2.Build world class hospitals complete with 21st century equipments like CT Scanners, MRI Machines, X-ray Machines, EKG machines, e.t.c
3. Properly train Nurses, attendants and Paramedics.. Not just professionally but also on ethics and manners.
4. Re-training. Every now and again, they should go on courses abroad and locally to better themselves.

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by An0nimus: 10:07am On Apr 22, 2013
If it was an emergency I wonder if he would have waited till he got to London before the wound is seen to. He went on a vacation jare. We may not have world class hospitals yet but don't tell me there's not a single hospital in the whole of Nigeria that can't do a simple scan and attend to our dear governor properly. smh.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Lagusta(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

I believe that the problem with our healthcare system is not limited to one thing.

First and foremost, the number one problem is funding. Funding not just in the sense of Salaries and equipments o!! But also research. Go abroad, you will hear things like Chicago State University Hospital is leading in the research for Breas`t cancer. But nothing like that happens here. Corruption is another issue. You see a medical ward abrod, its well equipped with heart rate monitors, machines and equipments all over, but in Nigeria, a brand new 'state of the art' hospital built by a government has just Beds, I.V stands, bedside cupboards and manual equipments. Something as basic as an X-ray machine sef is not available, talkless of a CT scanner or an MRI machine.

I must commend our doctors who tend to do what I call Blind medecine. They diagonose, treat and medicate patients most times without any electronic help like their counterparts in the states. I'm speaking for the good doctors (which are quite many) here. Ask for the bad eggs amonsgt them, ...

Ask for the Hospital assistants like Nurses and attendants, their problems range from poor training to lack of professional discipline and also zero zeal for their jobs. Thats why you can walk into a hospital and a Nurse would just ignore you and be gisting on the phone or be so uncouth to you.

Cleaners!! This is another matter that should be looked into. First problem I see here is the cutting of cost for the purchase of cleaning materials. Most times, they use these local detergents that destroy the gloss and shimmer of tiles. After 1 year, a hospitals toilets and bathrooms are an eyesore. Secondly, I think the Doctors themselves try to divert money here by contracting individuals to clean the toilets rather than paying a company a bulk some to manage the hospitals sanitation.

Basically, the health sector needs to be overhauled.. NOTHING IS WORKING THERE!! Whenever I'm sick, I dont go near a Government hospital. Not because I dont think they have good doctors o! But because the environment most times is worse than my illnness.

To fix the problems in our health sector, the Government needs to do the following;

1. Fund researches.
2.Build world class hospitals complete with 21st century equipments like CT Scanners, MRI Machines, X-ray Machines, EKG machines, e.t.c
3. Properly train Nurses, attendants and Paramedics.. Not just professionally but also on ethics and manners.
4. Re-training. Every now and again, they should go on courses abroad and locally to better themselves.

[/b]

this is the first time okija juju will make sense to me!!! grin grin grin

however, i also want to chip in some things....

1) you are right concerning research...

2) yes, hospitals are either under equipped or not equipped at all, but we are progressing. Here in ilorin, we have our very own university of ilorin teaching hospital, we have an ultra-modern ICU centre with all the basic resuscitation kits. We have x-ray machines, CAT scans, MRI machines, and yes, we have lots of MPPMs and ABG monitors....

Thats in ilorin ooo, talk less of lagos, abuja, etc....

3) i believe its better to go to a teaching hospital for treatment than to go to a private, the most important reason being that nigerian doctors are business and not health oriented..... I am not saying all privates are bad, in fact, there are some hospitals that are better, but at what cost, not for the general populace, and doctors are better trained nowadays, going for crash courses, hands-on skills, etc...
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by cr7lomo: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2013
So we dnt hv hospitals in naija
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Inik(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2013
Our leaders always have the option of going abroad for medical treatment so why would they don"t give a damn about building and improving our health infrastructure? Nigerian hospitals are for the poor and poorest of the poor.

Okija_juju:

1. Fund researches.

[/b]
Spot on
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by churific(m): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2013
Proving once again that our politicians do not even trust their own hospitals.

How can you be a governor of a State and not get treated in your own state to prove that your state has "superior" medical integrity? If this was in the US, you won't be impeached but your political career is over.

If you do your job as a governor, you shouldn't have to go outside your state for a suitable hospital.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

1. Fund researches.

[/b]
I just love the way you explained everything. But,on the attitudinal aspect, I assure you that some Nigerian Doctors are as guilty as the Nurses.some of them are found wanting when it comes to manners and ethics. How do you explain the fact that a medical doctor working for government is always taking drugs provided by the govt for a general hospitals to his own private clinic thereby making it difficult for govt hospitals to dispense the right drugs to sick people? Shall we also blame govt on this? I tried my best to get the Doctor in when I discovered this, but, someone advised me to mind my business.but today I am feeling the guilt of not reporting him to the police then. FG and state govts are releasing funds for some of these things we are lacking but , I tell you bros! Some of us (the masses)are busy connering them because of greed
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ejiné: Beautiful.
So, na for London hospital im go?

Not enough faith in your state's healthcare, ey?

The same healthcare you had vowed to transform to the pride of the nation during your campaign?

2 years have passed oh. We dey watch you.

Criminal.
sorry, but are you better than him?
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by clint77ng: 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
we are talking about financial recklessNess and some people are talking about PDP. what about d 27 hospitals and the 9 sold to experts? none has a scan machine? my people make una open una eye, some1 is running from EF....
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Cyberknight: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
Sadly, this is not the worst, or the funniest part of this affair.
The funniest part of the whole affair is that when he comes back there is going to be a grand public reception for him at public expense. The people of his village will line the roads from the airport in native dress with his picture, apparently jubilating at the safe return of their son and thanking God for confounding the wicked people who apparently wanted him dead.
The people of his LGA and senatorial zone 9Orlu) will do the same. Then the people of Imo State as a whole will be shown on state TV jubilating at his safe return also.

Next, the religious leaders in the state will scramble to hold thanksgiving services praising his "delivery" from death in the accident and his safe return. And of course, there will be countless radio and newspaper ads taken out by "supporters" thanking God that the governor did not die.

There is no reason to wonder why the white man despises us. In any reasonable human being's eyes, a people who are led by fools and buffoons are also fools and buffoons themselves.

2 Likes

Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by eaglechild: 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
Why would Roaches do such a thing?
There is no functional CT or MRI machine in the entire Imo state
Imo state university Teaching Hospital received a consignment of moribund CT and MRI equipment some years back which was never installed due to their questionable functionality.
Yet he jets off to London because of a minor laceration to get a CT/MR scan.
This to me is an impeachable offence.
The estacode used for this trip will go a long way in procuring a CT machine for the state.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Okijajuju1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Cyberknight: Sadly, this is not the worst, or the funniest part of this affair.
The funniest part of the whole affair is that when he comes back there is going to be a grand public reception for him at public expense. The people of his village will line the roads from the airport in native dress with his picture, apparently jubilating at the safe return of their son and thanking God for confounding the wicked people who apparently wanted him dead.
The people of his LGA and senatorial zone 9Orlu) will do the same. Then the people of Imo State as a whole will be shown on state TV jubilating at his safe return also.

Next, the religious leaders in the state will scramble to hold thanksgiving services praising his "delivery" from death in the accident and his safe return. And of course, there will be countless radio and newspaper ads taken out by "supporters" thanking God that the governor did not die.

There is no reason to wonder why the white man despises us. In any reasonable human being's eyes, a people who are led by fools and buffoons are also fools and buffoons themselves.

CHAI!!!

Bros, are you a politician?

1 Like

Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by alexchiny: 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
Cyberknight: Sadly, this is not the worst, or the funniest part of this affair.

This dude must be a Politician. Am sure grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Nma28(f): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
Going to London for this is very un necessary. My father in-law had a brain operation in Dec and everything was done successfully at LUTH from CT scan to MRI...so mr governor don't give us that carp of no functioning CT scan.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by ismokeweed1(f): 5:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
daguru: 'London hospital gives Rochas a clean bill of health', commisioner now says 'he wil return when Doctor gives him a clean bill of health', so who be hospital and who be doctor?

my dear . . . ? ? ?
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by COOLDUN: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
chiover: hmmm @ your use of the term FLEE as if there is/was war. I remember reading a thread sometime ago where you said that you're a qualified Medical Doctor, may I ask you this question, what exactly do you think is the problem of our health sector, is it incompetent personnels or lack of funds? Please I really want do know your view. There must be a leakage somewhere that forced our leaders into seeking medical attention abroad

To help you in your question, our universities are merely glorified primary schools of 1960s, our medical students are nothing but a glorified chemist shop attendants, Education is dead and went into the grave with seriousness and moral values.

How can you entrust your life in the hands of a doctor that graduated through buying of hand outs/ flesh settlement? a cultist who studied in the forests of the university community, raping and burying ladies alive. Mounting road blocks in the nights and kidnapping people for ransoms.

If you can look deeply in this forum, you would see that all those qualified graduates are busy here fighting for their pay masters, religious leaders, tribesmen, and political parties. The other ones are in the churches praying for God to create jobs for them as if God is the Nigerian minister of labor and productivity, while the people who killed the education and their futures are busy enjoying themselves. This is my own personal observation.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Chillypelly(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rochas has many good ideas but its either misplaced or ill conceived. I learnt 27 general hospital (one in each LGA) is under construction, when we have 13 existing genaral hospitals and about 400 healthcare centres. I expected he build something like a 12 storey specialist hospital with helipad on top for emergency to promote health tourism. This would be managed by a competent health institution body known around the world. In addition to that he would have equipped all the existing hospitals to enhance their operations. Unfortunately, Imo state has a rutherless governor.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by thrugemaster(m): 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
pee dee pee... A p c .... A g pa .... A g p a are all d same
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Abagworo(m): 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Very shameful report. All those medical details are unnecessary. We do not need to know the state of the governor's nose, anus, eyes,etc. A simple statement like- the governor is in good or very good medical condition- would have been sufficient.

Moreover, all those investigations could have been done in Nigeria. There was no need to flee to London to have a CT scan. These comedies of errors and bad judgement suggests the governor and his aides are CLUELESS.

I believe most Nairalanders illiterates.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Pataki: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Very shameful report. All those medical details are unnecessary. We do not need to know the state of the governor's nose, anus, eyes,etc. A simple statement like- the governor is in good or very good medical condition- would have been sufficient.

Moreover, all those investigations could have been done in Nigeria. There was no need to flee to London to have a CT scan. These comedies of errors and bad judgement suggests the governor and his aides are CLUELESS.

The Arssssshole Rock sycophant is talking again.

I know what doofus like you would have said, if it was Patience Jonathan: "leave the first lady alone", "Nigerians should not be bothered", reh reh reh......and your foolishness goes on......
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Pataki: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rochas sincerely messed up on this one! Even if he come to any of the SW states for a CT scan, that would have been a big plus to APC.

So with all the philantropic donations he has done for his State, building hospitals, yet he is not medically confident to do an ordinary CT/MRI scan.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Abagworo(m): 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
The truth is that CT scan and MRI can be done in Nigeria but what if the result turned positive to brain damage or blood vessel wound which could possibly lead to a later sub-arachnoid hemorrhage? Coiling could be required which cannot be done in Nigeria.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Cyberknight: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

CHAI!!!

Bros, are you a politician?

smiley not really,but we all know their ways...
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by chino11(m): 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
Roaches in action. Please do fast fast to Liquidate imo state. Now we know that ohakin was the best gov out of the state. grin
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Pray4timothy: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
“The head scan showed the Governor had no internal bleeding. He has no problem with his brain, eyes and other organs of his body. E.t.c. Absolute waste of rerources,people that want tn rule nigeria
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by cronsberg: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
And people say am talking like a child, or being inconsiderate/ impatient when i tell them am getting out of this gaddam country the slitest chance i get. Will you really blame anyone that wants to go for "greener pasture" grin somewhere sane and with functioning amenities? Just look at how we are been denied the most basic human right (electricity, water, functioning hospitals e.t.c) As am typing this there is no light(mind you it is 45 degrees celius everyday), do we have to die of suffering? angry
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Dede1(m): 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
At least, Ohakin never stage managed a road accident where he could be flown to London in order afford him the avenue to hide the JPROS contract money traced to Lebanon. What is the fate of the occupants of the other vehicles involved in said accident? Imo State peeps are jackasses for being hoodwinked by this street tout called Rochas Okorocha. I met him six months into his term as governor of Imo State and concluded thereafter he is a joker.
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by Akgunner(m): 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
SO KNOW HOSPITAL THAT CAN TREAT HEAD WOUND IN NIGERIA TAX PAYER MONEY
Re: London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health by merengue: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
Dede1: At least, Ohakin never stage managed a road accident where he could be flown to London in order afford him the avenue to hide the JPROS contract money traced to Lebanon. What is the fate of the occupants of the other vehicles involved in said accident? Imo State peeps are jackasses for being hoodwinked by this street tout called Rochas Okorocha. I met him six months into his term as governor of Imo State and concluded thereafter he is a joker.

Given the choice of the jackass; Okorocha after the 4 years of madness that was Ochinawata's tenure, do you blame Imo people for voting Okorocha in?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Want Niger Delta In Biafra / APC’s claim on Akpabio stolen mandate an insult – PDP / PDP Congratulates New National Assembly Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.