Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Obasanjo Had No Killer Squad, Says Fasawe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Had No Killer Squad, Says Fasawe (534 Views)

Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Had No Killer Squad, Says Fasawe by euromoney(f): 4:58am On Apr 22, 2013
A prominent chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Otunba Oyewole Fasawe, has described as baseless, an allegation levelled against former President Olusegun Obasanjo that the former ruler ran a killer squad while in office.

Fasawe, in a statement made available to National Mirror yesterday, said the allegation was a tissue of lies, as Obasanjo neither maintained a killer squad nor had a hand in the death of any politician.

Odusanya, had on Saturday in a live interview with an online news portal, Sahara Reporters and published by a national newspaper on Sunday alleged that Obasanjo had a killer squad as a president.

He also alleged that the killer squad was housed at SSS headquarters, known as Yellow House,and was used for political assassinations, especially the killings of former Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Bola Ige, and Chief Harry Marshall, former National Vice Chairman (South South) of the All Peoples Party, APP.

Fasawe, who admitted that Odusanya was his personal assistant, said there was no truth in the allegation.

He stated that Odusanya lacks the requisite knowledge or insight into the workings of government during the era of Obasanjo.

Fasawe, an associate of Obasanjo, said he was surprised that Odusanya could make such wild
allegation because, according to him, “the former president had never cast his sight on him.”

He noted that at no time had former President Obasanjo met with Odusanya, whom he described as his (Fasawe’s) errand boy until two years ago.

His words: “President Obasanjo and I have been friends for a long time, while Richard had been my errand boy for some time until about two years ago, when he surreptitiously wanted to sell one of my properties in London

. “Throughout my frequent visits to the Villa when Obasanjo was president, I cannot recall a particular time when I had gone in company of Richard Odusanya.”

Contrary to the claims by Odusanya and Mr. Segun Seriki, a member of the House of Representatives in the Third Republic, Fasawe said Obasanjo had no hand in the unresolved murders of former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige and former national chairman of the All Peoples Party (APP), Chief Harry Marshall.

He described Odusanya as an impostor. He said: “Richard Odusanya is an impostor. All through the years that President Obasanjo was in office, he never met with Richard, not to talk of exchanging handshake with him. He knew absolutely nothing about the workings and activities of government during that era, other than being my errand boy.

“I am compelled to come out and dissociate former President Obasanjo from these vile and wild allegations made against him by Odusanya because I feel a sense of moral obligation to do so

. “I want to state categorically that former President Obasanjo never met with this impostor, nor know anything about the person called Richard Odusanya. The so-called Odusanya had been my errand boy for years until about two years ago when I severed relationship with him after his failed bid to put up one of my London properties for sale.”
Re: Obasanjo Had No Killer Squad, Says Fasawe by anonimi: 5:25am On Apr 22, 2013
What is the source of your story?
No link?
Why issue a statement only to a minor newspaper like National Mirror?
What of the major newspapers?

Re: Obasanjo Had No Killer Squad, Says Fasawe by Akpangbon: 7:12am On Apr 22, 2013
anonimi: What is the source of your story?
No link?
Why issue a statement only to a minor newspaper like National Mirror?
What of the major newspapers?

Mtcheeww. A statement was issued, but in your mind to a "Minor" newspaper and thus its of no effect because a "Major" newspaper was not involved. Honestly, the way some of you reason is really amazing.

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Defends Borrowing N80bn From Foreign Bank / Revelation About The Nigerian Economy / Senate Probes Baga Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.