Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate (22407 Views)

Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Buhari And Obasanjo Had A Secret Meeting At Abuja. Against Who? See More / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2013
A former associate of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, Mr. Richard Odusanya, on Saturday alleged that the former chairman of theruling Peoples Democratic Party's Board of Trustees was in charge of a killer squad that was formed under the military regime of late Gen. Sani Abacha.

Odusanya reportedly worked behind the scenes when Obasanjo was in power.

In a live interview, with an online news portal, Sahara Reporters , Odusanya alleged that the former President lodged the killer squad at a State Security Service headquarters, known as 'Yellow House.'

He appeared on the programme alongside Mr. Segun Seriki, a PDP member in Ogun State and a member of the House of Representatives in the Third Republic, under the Social Democratic Party.

According to Odusanya, the squad was used for political assassinations and was responsible for the unresolved killings of politicians under Obasanjo's administration.

He further alleged that Obasanjo knew about the murder of the former Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Bola Ige, and a South-South politician, Chief Harry Marshall.

Odusanya said, "I believe that a killer squad created during the Abacha regime was kept by Obasanjo and housed at SSS headquarters, known as Yellow House, and was used for political assassinations."

Explaining Obasanjo's alleged link with Ige's death, Odusanya said, "The night Chief Bola Ige was assassinated, a top PDP member confided in me that Obasanjo told him Bola Ige was down."

Concerning the murder of Marshall, he said, "I also took a gift to Marshall and he was assassinated just a few weeks later."

Odusanya also alleged that the ex-president benefitted from an account with the defunct Trans-International Bank and that from the funds in the account, Obasanjo, asked him to deliver a Peugeot 607 and the sum of N500,000 to a woman (name withheld).

When contacted for Obasanjo's comments, his Chief of Staff, Mr. Victor Durodola, said his boss was not available to react to theallegations.
He challenged those who made the allegations to come out with their evidence.

Durodola said, "The former president is not available. Therefore, he is not in a position to respond to the allegations. However, my personal comment is that these are people who indulge in blackmail.

"Why are they using online television? They should come to Channels , AIT , or NTA ; these are television stations that are known.

"Definitely, that is not Obasanjo's character they are describing and everybody knows that. Of all the military rulers, the issue of killer squad cannot be attributed to him. That was not his style. He is not around now but I doubt if he would even give it any attention whatsoever.
He stressed that the ex-president could not have been responsible for the unresolved killings under his administration.

He further argued that Obasanjo had no reason to be involved in Ige's assassination.
"We would like to see it (the interview) but these are issues you know cannot be possible. The killings were unresolved, yes, but you know that nobody could have attributed that to him. He would kill his minister for what? So that he (Obasanjo)could be minister?" Durodola said.

Another Obasanjo aide, Vitalis Ortese, told one of our correspondents on the telephone that the allegation was a non-issue.

He said, "I don't know them. Let them prove the allegation. I don't know any Segun Seriki or Richard Odusanya."

Also reacting to the allegations, Bola Ige's eldest child, Mrs. Funsho Adegbola, told SUNDAY PUNCH that her father's killers are still alive.

Adegbola, a lawyer, called for the reopening of the Bola Ige murder case.
She said, "I can't put anything past them. I haven't seen the interview. I don't know the content of the report but I can'tput anything past them. I believe the people who killed my father - the foot soldiers and the people who sent them -are alive. They are not people from Mars.
"A murder case can go on for 30 years or more. If there is political will and the government wants to show that people should pay for theircrimes, this can be done. The family can't do anything about it because it is the state versus the suspects. The family can't sue; it is the state that can take action."

Ige, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, was shot dead in his Ibadan home on December 23, 2001.

Following a mass protest over the killing, the Federal Government had deployed troops in the South-Western state to prevent a breakdown of law and order.

While security agencies had arrested some suspects allegedly involved in the murder, including the then deputy governor of Osun State -Ige's home state - Mr. Iyiola Omisore, they were however discharged and acquitted.

Read more http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-had-a-killer-squad-as-president-former-associate/
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Dracula27: 1:25am On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 21, 2013
Why do they have to drag Abacha's name into it?

There were no more than two unsolved murders during Abacha's rule whilst there were dozens of unsolved murders during Obasanjo's rule.

Ironically the only murder Obasanjo "resolved" was that of Kudirat Abiola, which occured during Abacha's rule approx 3years before he started his investigation.

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 1:42am On Apr 21, 2013
This Is quite sad, and we claim to have a democracy. Although when I rise to power, I plan to kill much more people (corrupt people hindering Nigeria from progressing) I am going to have a highly trained hit-squad like hitler's secret police The Gestapo.

I have already started compiling the list of guys I plan to terminate. Nigeria needs a radical to clean it up and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

21 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 1:43am On Apr 21, 2013
GenBuhari: Why do they have to drag Abacha's name into it?

There is no more than two unsolved murders during Abacha's rule whilst there were dozens of unsolved murders during Obasanjo's rule.

Ironically the only murder Obasanjo "resolved" was that of Kudirat Abiola, which occured during Abacha's rule approx 3years before he started his investigation.

It's quite clear you are an Hausa man and a fan of buhari. Well I have bad news for you because when I'm president, buhari is one of the first people I would kill, that's if he is still alive then.

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by ojoawo(m): 1:47am On Apr 21, 2013
OK....

But one question.......
When is the Part 2 premiering??
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 21, 2013
Are your taking drugs?
50calibre:

It's quite clear you are an Hausa man and a fan of buhari. Well I have bad news for you because when I'm president, buhari is one of the first people I would kill, that's if he is still alive then.

17 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by FunnyPikincom(m): 2:13am On Apr 21, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 2:44am On Apr 21, 2013
GenBuhari: Are your taking drugs?

No but buhari is.

20 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by sportfeva(m): 3:09am On Apr 21, 2013
I believe baba is not clean especially as regards Chief Bola ige. May his rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Hadone(m): 3:14am On Apr 21, 2013
GenBuhari: Are you taking drugs?
HE HAS TAKEN MORNING DOSE ONLY. HE WILL RECHARGE BY AFTERNOON THEN LATER IN THE EVENING.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by NeoXVI: 3:37am On Apr 21, 2013
GenBuhari: Why do they have to drag Abacha's name into it?

There were no more than two unsolved murders during Abacha's rule whilst there were dozens of unsolved murders during Obasanjo's rule.

You have just exposed yourself as a charlatan. So in your deluded mind Abacha was better than OBJ? Abacha that was a proven murderer? Ironically, no one had ever mentioned before that OBJ assassinated people while in office.

How do you people live with yourselves defending evil men?

Odusanya said, "I believe that a killer squad created during the Abacha regime was kept by Obasanjo and housed at SSS headquarters, known as Yellow House, and was used for political assassinations."

I clicked on the link cos I thought the man knew what he was saying. Turns out its just his belief.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by GeneralJ(m): 3:39am On Apr 21, 2013
Who did he kill
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by GeneralJ(m): 3:47am On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre: This Is quite sad, and we claim to have a democracy. Although when I rise to power, I plan to kill much more people (corrupt people hindering Nigeria from progressing) I am going to have a highly trained hit-squad like hitler's secret police The Gestapo.

I have already started compiling the list of guys I plan to terminate. Nigeria needs a radical to clean it up and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by 50calibre(m): 4:08am On Apr 21, 2013
Had_one:
HE HAS TAKEN MORNING DOSE ONLY. HE WILL RECHARGE AFTERNOON THEN LATER IN THE EVENING.

Keep deceiving yourself, a mad man thinks of other people as mad whereas he is the mad man.
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 21, 2013
Ok list the unresolved murders during Abacha rule if you can - do not mention Ken Saro Wiwa as he was tried and convicted and therefore not an unresolved murder.
Neo-XVI:

You have just exposed yourself as a charlatan. So in your deluded mind Abacha was better than OBJ? Abacha that was a proven murderer? Ironically, no one had ever mentioned before that OBJ assassinated people while in office.

How do you people live with yourselves defending evil men?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 21, 2013
Every government has a killer squad,this is nothing new. They are neccessary at times to silent some people for the continual existence of a country,and to crush opponent that can destabilize the ruling government..

Every government has its secrets,if you doubt me,ask a political scientist.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by IleIfe2(m): 6:32am On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre:

The guy is actually an igbo man. grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by baynix(m): 8:05am On Apr 21, 2013
All Presidents Does.. So Y'all Shld Just STFU!!
What Abt Uncle Jona's Family Members Killing Ppl Like Rat?? I Mean Boko Haram!! undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 21, 2013
This ain't funny....They wanna prove this because of how the Boston bombing was handled??Mr Seriki should just STFU...and face his business... since 2003 you just bringing up this topic now??You too need to be JAILED sir... SmH for you!!
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Walexz02(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2013
Until I know the main reason(s) why this man is exposing this shíts... I will believe he still saying nonsense! Why now? Why has he been keeping it?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 21, 2013
Corruption Massive Under Jonathan-U.S.

The United States government on Friday indicted the President Goodluck Jonathan led Federal Government of massive and widespread corruption.

According to the United States Department of State, government officials and agencies frequently engage in corrupt practices with impunity.

This was contained in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2012, which was released on Friday evening.

In the report, the judiciary and security agencies, especially the police, were said be lacking in transparency.

It read in part,“The law provides criminal penalties for official corruption; however, the government did not implement the law effectively, and officials frequently engaged in corrupt practices with impunity. Massive, widespread, and pervasive corruption affected all levels of government and the security forces. The constitution provides immunity from civil and criminal prosecution for the president, vice president, governors, and deputy governors while in office.

“There was a widespread perception judges were easily bribed and litigants could not rely on the courts to render impartial judgments. Citizens encountered long delays and alleged requests from judicial officials for bribes to expedite cases or obtain favourable rulings.

“Police corruption remained rampant. Reports of checkpoint bribery and shooting incidents decreased in February after newly appointed Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar announced the closure of all police checkpoints across the country; however, illegal checkpoints remained common in some regions. Police routinely stopped drivers who did not commit traffic infractions, refusing to allow them to continue until they paid bribes,” it stated.

Highlighting events that occurred in the country in last year that portrayed lack of transparency and probity, the US government listed the escape of the suspected mastermind of the Boko Haram 2011 Christmas Day bombing from custody, noting how the police commissioner, who aided the suspect went unpunished; the conviction of former Delta State governor James Ibori in the Southwark Crown Court in London of charges of money laundering and other financial crimes totaling N12.4bn, after he was acquitted by a Nigerian court; and the N1.067trn fuel subsidy fund lost to “endemic corruption and entrenched inefficiency” as examples.

It stated that, “In July, the government released a list of those who had benefited illegally from the subsidy program, which included relatives and colleagues of key government officials. In late July, the EFCC began arraigning suspects, first with a group of 20 indictments, including six oil companies and 11 individuals. By year’s end, the EFCC initiated prosecutions of approximately 50 cases related to the subsidy scam. The majority of these cases involved companies and individuals who had fraudulently received subsidy revenue. Investigations and trials had not produced any convictions by year’s end.”

The US document also faulted the refusal of public officials to declare their assets as stipulated by law.

It stated that in June 2012, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project and other groups demanded that President Jonathan should disclose his assets from 2007 to 2012 but that Jonathan refused.

The report also rated the anticorruption efforts of the Independent Corrupt Practises and other related offences Commission and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission as “largely ineffectual,” adding that despite ICPC’s wide mandate, it had only achieved 60 convictions since its inauguration in 2000.

It also listed a number of cases being handled by the EFCC that have remained inconclusive, including the case of alleged misappropriation of one N1bn against former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, and N40bn against his deputy Usman Nafada; and the cases against four former governors Gbenga Daniel, Adebayo Alao-Akala, Aliyu Akwe Doma, and Muhammed Danjuma Goje, for allegedly misappropriating N58bn, N25bn, N18bn, and N12.8bn, respectively.

Apart from corruption, the US accused the Federal Government of numerous unlawful killings.

It decried frequent abduction of civilians and lack of press freedom, highlighting cases, where journalists were harassed and beaten up.

It also noted widespread discrimination against persons with disability.

The Presidency, however, described the report as an incorrect assessment of the situation in the country.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, warned Nigerians to be wary of such assessments which he described as “parachute researches.”

He said contrary to the picture the report painted, the present administration has remained the most transparent government since the return of democracy to Nigeria.

He said it was in the spirit of transparency that the present administration exposed the scam in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry and passed the Freedom of Information Bill.

He said, “In 2012 that the report is talking about, the EFCC alone got more than 200 convictions. This is in public domain.

“This government did an audit to eliminate waste and leakages in the system.

“On the checkpoints they talked about, it is important that they identify the difference between checkpoints and stop-and-search operation which is required especially in tackling security challenges.

“Nigerians should be wary of these external assessors that jump into conclusion. What are the parameters used in arriving at their conclusion? How scientific are the analysis?

“They assess Nigeria based on the instinct of a parachuter who jumps put of an aircraft without a fair knowledge of where he is landing.”

Source:http://www.punchng.com/news/corruption-massive-under-jonathan-us/

(Quote)

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Valto(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2013
naija i hail thee
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2013
Which president didn't have a killer squad? Is dt news?
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by Kzinne: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2013
Yomieluv: Every government has a killer squad,this is nothing new. They are neccessary at times to silent some people for the continual existence of a country,and to crush opponent that can destabilize the ruling government..

Every government has its secrets,if you doubt me,ask a political scientist.
so david cameron has got a killer squad abi? nicompoop
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by RedLight1: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2013
hmmmm this is a big allegation ... i hope he can defend it ...although i don't trust obj ...who killed bola ige etc? many political assassinations during his regime covered under democracy .. well it is wellsmiley
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by alphaconde(m): 10:43am On Apr 21, 2013
When politicians want to do wrong the hinge them to include issues of national security. Non of those murder were resolved. U now know why
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by omenka(m): 10:44am On Apr 21, 2013
Most Nigerian politicians are demonic entities and savages. The sooner we rid ourselves of them and their progeny the better for us.

Last tym I read Bamanga Tukur said his son deserves the governorship sit of his state and I asked myself: when is he gonna tell us what his other son, who swindled Nigerians of billions of naira for petroleum products never imported into the country, deserves?

These guys never fail to embarass themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2013
50calibre:

well, av got a more 'badder' news for u: u can't be a president!
Bigoted lower animal!

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by ewet: 10:45am On Apr 21, 2013
This is a serious allegation and we need to knw the motives of these guys,these people to have had this info all this while shuld also be prosecuted for............ I need a lawyer to help me out here.But i will rather lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by lastpage: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

"Definitely, that is not Obasanjo's character they are describing and everybody knows that. Of all the military rulers, the issue of killer squad cannot be attributed to him. That was not his style.

While security agencies had arrested some suspects allegedly involved in the murder, including the then deputy governor of Osun State -Ige's home state - Mr. Iyiola Omisore, they were however discharged and acquitted.

Read more http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-had-a-killer-squad-as-president-former-associate/

Who is these "errand boy" decieving ....or is he just talking out of "sheer ignorance"?

OBACHANJO is the ONLY President that maintained a "Robben Island style" of PRISON (Called Ita-oko Island Prison) where he turtured his adversaries.

He even has a dungeon in his OTTA farm.

Go ask those who have worked for him before and you would know that "This Obachanjo is CAPABLE OF ANYTHING"!

Lastpage1

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate by fitzmayowa: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2013
In obasanjo,s voice" I dey laugh ooo"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Troops, Equipment Deployed To Sambisa – Army Chief / Standing Order Used For Saraki Election A Fake, Say Ex-senators / Soldiers Burn Boko Haram Base, Kill 3 Terrorists, Recover Weapons (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.