Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies (709 Views)

Saudi Arabia’s Master Plan Against ISIS, Assad And Iran In Syria / Egyptian Protesters Push An Armoured Police Van Off A Bridge, / Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by infonubia(m): 5:27am On Apr 22, 2013
The Iranian government is promoting house-to-house health education. Its goal is to encourage couples to have more children. The more, the merrier!

Last year, Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, ordered the reverse of the birth control policy that the country has used for 20 years. The goal is to engineer a baby boom, raising the country’s population from 75 million to 150 million. That’s double the size!

“In the marriage training course, we have focused more on the child-producing because the single-child issue has caused so many problems and provoked much debate,” Khamenei told the semi-official Fars news agency.

“For this reason, I am suggesting that families should have more than one child and reduce the gaps in pregnancy to only two years. If the pregnancy gaps exceed two years, couples should revise their methods and make plans in this regard.”

It is ironic that while Iran is focused on population growth, some other countries are trying to reduce their growth rate because they do not have the infrastructure to support such growth. See my recent post on population growth in Nigeria where I wrote about a population growing at the rate of 11,000 babies per day.

It seem like the aim of this campaign is to boost Iran’s ability to compete with the West.

What do you think? I’d love to hear your perspective.

www.infonubia.com
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by julioralph(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2013
Its about quality not quantity.
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by 5alive(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2013
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by infonubia(m): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
julioralph: Its about quality not quantity.
That's right. However, it seem like Iran has the infrastructure to support the "quantity."
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
It's about time, but he shouldn't have promoted an urgency of shorter pregnancy spacing.
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
Flytefalls: It's about time, but he shouldn't have promoted an urgency of shorter pregnancy spacing.

Are you also planning to have babies? undecided undecided
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

Are you also planning to have babies? undecided undecided
Not for now, but I've made it my business to know all about family planning.

I've decided to have 2 kids and adopt another. My gift to planet Earth undecided
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
Flytefalls:
Not for now, but I've made it my business to know all about family planning.

I've decided to have 2 kids and adopt another. My gift to planet Earth undecided

Err... I can donate ________ to you, if you want... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

Err... I can donate ________ to you, if you want... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Shhhymexxy, is shhhum-body confushhhing artificial fertilisation with adopshhhuunn? Hmmmm? :p
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Flytefalls:
Shhhymexxy, is shhhum-body confushhhing artificial fertilisation with adopshhhuunn? Hmmmm? :p

Bwahahahahaha - I knew that was gonna come up!!! grin grin grin

I was just clowning my pops with that - I'll post the full video now!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahaha - I knew that was gonna come up!!! grin grin grin

I was just clowning my pops with that - I'll post the full video now!!! grin grin grin grin
Video?... Ok now I'm dizzy undecided
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2013
Flytefalls:
Video?... Ok now I'm dizzy undecided

Erm... undecided
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 23, 2013
shymexx:

Erm... undecided
confused, that's all I am smiley. You said you were posting a video? You gonna show me how you generate ______ ? tongue
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 23, 2013
Flytefalls:
confused, that's all I am smiley. You said you were posting a video? You gonna show me how you generate ______ ? tongue

Generate what, cute and luscious lips?? kiss tongue
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 23, 2013
mahatma ghandi warned indians in 1930s of possible population burst, and the indian muslims mistook it as a ploy to reduce their population in india. today india is in a deep mess and still regrets not heeding to the words of their great leader. there is this quest and desire for islamic hardliners to boost their population for religious reasons, disregarding the essesnce of quality standard of living neeeded for families of this century. can iran sustain their desired population with their natural resources and corrupt islamic ayatolahs? let their politicians think deep and think right. there is nothing in number but quality is sustainable. look at isreal and learn.
Re: Iran In Fresh Push For More Babies by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2013
^ From a religious perspective, the single child policy should have never been in place anyway.

I think I need to look into Iran.

(1) (Reply)

Mandela's Memorial Service In Pictures / Israel Is Stealing And Murdering Its Way Through Palestine — Paul Craig Roberts / World Not Doing Enough To Contain Ebola – Obama Says.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.