Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Public Lies Married Women Tell - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Public Lies Married Women Tell (21862 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / 8 Lies Married Women Tell Publicly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Ama28(f): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Good write up Funke, I couldn't stop laughing until I read it all.

But on a serious note, I don't think you paint a fair imagine of married women in your article.
These ill treatments and problems are not found in half of the marriages today.

I know adjustment during the initial period of marriage might call for some of these but dear writer people are unique can adjust differently to certain situations.
I think you over generalized in your work.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Sike(m): 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
Good Good Good!
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
A-ZeD:
This is bullsh*t.
So every woman who says her husband has never hit her is lying?

The author should note that if her marriage did not work out it doesn't mean other people's own did not work out.

pls try to reason with ur brain.those apply to couples one way or another.doesn't mean each husband has all those faults.he may have one or two.those r just generalizations.a woman may not be lying when she says her husband doesn't hit her.but she may lie about his sexual prowess or ability to provide for d family.

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by biolabee(m): 12:03am On Apr 23, 2013
babestell:

This is scary, very scary. How is the nation to move ahead if people cannot even understand when someone is speaking from a professional or 3rd person point of view. Most every issue be personal to the writer
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by queen4realesthe: 1:18am On Apr 23, 2013
U mean since urs didnt eork, so others are like urs? SMH.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by MissOpe(f): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2013
brokoto: The real problem we have here is that people do not know what they want. If you ask most people, they'll say they want money, power, respect, the good life and in the case of our women, a good husband, etc when in reality all we need is to be happy.

The mistake here now is thinking that when you have all those things you'll be happy.I'll keep saying it...marriage is not a solution to any problem. You can be single and still be happy. Stop listening to all those pastors and 'wellwishers' that want to make you feel less of a lady because you're single at 31.

Be brave, be courageous, pursue happiness. wherever and in whatever situation you find it, be content. Peace!
I really do agree with what U'v said... But do u think a lady can be happy @ 41 or 51... No husband , no kids , no sex.... and yet possesses all the wealth in the world...
Think again oooo.
Marriage hasss been in existence from time immemorial and will continue to be... My take on the issue.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 23, 2013
Miss Ope:
I really do agree with what U'v said... But do u think a lady can be happy @ 41 or 51... No husband , no kids , no sex.... and yet possesses all the wealth in the world...
Think again oooo.
Marriage hasss been in existence from time immemorial and will continue to be... My take on the issue.
to answer your question, YES! Like I said, it depends on what works for you I.e whatever way or form you discover your happiness.

Understand me, I'm not against getting married but I'm against getting married for the wrong reasons.

Lemme ask you, do u think that because a lady @ 41 or 51has a husband and kids then she's happy?

Have you ever thought that not every lady wants to get married? Would you think such a lady would be unhappy at 51 without a husband?

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by AudreyI(f): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2013
@OP: Your write up is funny but not entirely true. No man is perfect, but there are still some good guys out there. Marriage is actually a good thing, believe it or not.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by Fairgodwin(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
Amelian:

Smiles, thanks...I thank Baba God and d genes of my parents.... wink
I thought as much. Btw, you're welcome.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by webbjamie(m): 5:26pm On May 07, 2013
The writer in question is a HUMORIST...and those points she raised are most likely generalizations and personal observations of friends who happen to be stuck in terrible marriages.I don't understand why most of you are going haywire over them.Well,truth hurts i guess.

1 Like

Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by JuanDeDios: 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Godmother: Mehn, I hope her husband never gets to see this oh. Would do well. We all have an idea of what marriage in Nigeria is all about, but most women wud never come out boldly like this for fear of d repercussions
She's columnist, a professional writer. She wasn't talking about herself.
Re: Public Lies Married Women Tell by egopersonified(f): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
JuanDeDios:
She's columnist, a professional writer. She wasn't talking about herself.

Thank you for digging up this piece. Lwkmd Lmao Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Infects Me With STD; Wife / This Elderly Man, Columbus Ihemekwele Is Missing (PHOTO) / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.