Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike (11666 Views)

SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week / ASUU Begins Nationwide Strike / ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by baynix(m): 9:47am On Apr 22, 2013
National Executive Council of the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities has threatened to embark on a nationwide strike if their meeting with the Federal Government fails to address their demands.

The union is asking for payment of the Earned Allowance and rejection of the NEEDs Assessment Report in universities.

SSANU President, Mr. Samson Ugwoke, on Friday after the union's NEC meeting at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho, said the university workers would commence a nationwide strike if the meeting with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, failed to address the issues in contention.

Ugwoke said the strike had been delayed as a result of the intervention of the House of Representatives.

He, however, lamented that despite the meeting, the fund required for the payment was not captured in the 2013 budget.
He said, "All the (university) unions were together at a meeting on the invitation of House Committee on Education. The committee invited us and a motion of urgent importance was moved.

"Our meeting with them was very robust, interesting and successful. At the end, the House suggested that the executive should raise a supplementary budget covering the Earned Allowance.

"To our surprise, the National University Commission decided to write that it will take N157bn. We said it is not true. How they came about that figure was not clear to us. We were not carried along.

"We were surprised to read in the newspapers that some members of ASUU and the NUC went to the Chairman, Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije, to
present N157bn as money needed for the payment.

"We have waited enough for the supplementary budget. At the meeting with the Federal Government, we expect a definite
answer on the payment of Earned Allowance. Anything short of that, the NEC mandated us to declare a total strike action."

[size=16] Source:http://www.punchng.com/news/ssanu-threatens-nationwide-strike/ [/size]
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by baynix(m): 9:55am On Apr 22, 2013
SSANU Commences Strike On Friday: www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/04/ssanu-to-commence-strike-on-fridayapril-19th-2013.html

NLanders, Shey Strike Don Start For Una School??
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Tolexander: 10:32am On Apr 22, 2013
If they want to strike, let them strike jare!

Dem won strike reach ASUU(ASUU wey be combination of messi, ronaldo and thunder)?

3 Likes

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by otokx(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
No strike in Port Harcourt.
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by tinuolababy(f): 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
Tolexander: If they want to strike, let them strike jare!

Dem won strike reach ASUU(ASUU wey be combination of messi, ronaldo and thunder)?

grin grin
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by chrisdstar: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
there should be no strike ooh,my sch(EBSU) is just returning from 6 wks strike,so they shud pls allow us to atleast write our 1st semester exams.

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by toygod2: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
Abeg o,like seriously,1) what is SSANU & 2) wot if dem strike,wetin go happen?
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by lefolksy(f): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
Which way forward wit our Nigeria school.why d strike?I hope d Federal gov't shud resolve it wit dem.
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ohoh I Rily hope they strike cos we just had three days break nd we've ressumed for second semester.

Even if its for just one wk so I cud rest well n charge up. Lol

3 Likes

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[[/b]quote author=Tolexander][b] If they want to strike, let them strike jare!

[/quote]
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by yuzedo: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
Strike abeg! Let all these sweet university gehs with big brezz, kiss big nyash kiss and ice-cream laps tongue come back home abeg... Muhehehehehehehe! wink cool cool

2 Likes

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by olu4life(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
toygod2: Abeg o,like seriously,1) what is SSANU & 2) wot if dem strike,wetin go happen?
Seriously?! Or u kidding. Perhaps u didnt school in Nigeria
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Nwogbe: 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
toygod2: Abeg o,like seriously,1) what is SSANU & 2) wot if dem strike,wetin go happen?
Never heard of them myself
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
are you a student of a Nigerian university? if you are then i think your studentship should be withdrawn, how can you not know what SSANU means. This is dumbest question i have ever heard, it means (Senior Staff Association Of Nigerian University).It is a union of all senior staffs(teach/non teaching)in Nigerian universities. So if they strike it means your VC won't come to work and your HOD & all your senior lectures will not come to class. Aboki!

3 Likes

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by imperiouxx(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
FG hasn't reached terms with these lecturers for the past 17 years. If it's looters and terrorists, they'll know how to reach terms (state pardon/amnesty) with them within few months......Shame! After wasting students' lives with strikes, the next graduates battling with is waste of life because of unavailability of jobs. I hate Nigerian government. angry

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by lifestyle1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
angry
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
na ASUU strike feat cos panic! thats all
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by SONKOko(m): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by webstradamus: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
npn: are you a student of a Nigerian university? if you are then i think your studentship should be withdrawn, how can you not know what SSANU means. This is dumbest question i have ever heard, it means (Senior Staff Association Of Nigerian University).It is a union of all senior staffs(teach/non teaching)in Nigerian universities. So if they strike it means your [s]VC won't come to work and your HOD & all your senior lectures will not come to class.[/s] Aboki!

Teaching staff do not belong to SSANU.
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by GboyegaD(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
I don't trust this SSANU and other unions anymore with all this their incessant strikes and claims of an agreement not being reached. At the end of the day, it is all about increasing their salaries yet, they are not responsive to the plights of the Nigerian students in their individual universities. This is the very reason why I would support the introduction of tuition fees in our universities so that we can start calling them to order and demanding them to be responsive in their various duties.
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Jxtmayor(m): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
Enuff of all this ssanu, ASUU, nasu strike.. Al they do is for their selfish needz. When waz the last time they striked bcuz of lack of infrastructure and teachin aid in any uni.. Abeg mk dm park well oh..

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by OgeneDom(m): 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
well the strike is already affecting nigerian polytechnics even thou their requests is different from that stated above. i hope Jonathan will react fast.
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by crazygod(m): 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
In order news.... FG to grant 'amnesty' to SSANU!

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by igbsam(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
So much for Nigerian Education
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Just give them isi ewu with liquor and they will forget about strike..
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by shehuAO: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
please dont need strike
Re: SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike by shehuAO: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
SSANU abeg make I complete my school. i don tay for school because of strike

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yaba College Of Technology Part Time Form Is It Out Yet? / Before You Apply For Laspotech Part-time Form - Read This! / Kad-poly Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.