Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ... (14168 Views)

How Can I Watch D Videos On My Fone Thru TV? / My Iphone 4s Keeps Popping Up Activation Required Pls What Do I Do / How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: ... by KingPradas(m): 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
What's phone are you using and it looks you have mtn zone activated
Re: ... by martinkem(m): 3:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
check your phone settings, you have cell broadcast enabled...
to deactivate the message you need to turn cell broadcast off,
go to sms settings in messages that usually where you can find it,
for some nokia phones you need to go to settings menu (tool icon) to deactivate it,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 23, 2013
KingPradas: What's phone are you using and it looks you have mtn zone activated
I use HTC HD. Pls how do I deactivate the MTN Zone if dats it? Thanks bro
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2013
martinkem: check your phone settings, you have cell broadcast enabled...
to deactivate the message you need to turn cell broadcast off,
go to sms settings in messages that usually where you can find it,
for some nokia phones you need to go to settings menu (tool icon) to deactivate it,
I've checked at Msg settings & not seen any cell broadcast stuff.. I use HTC fone.
Thanks for ur reply.
Re: ... by martinkem(m): 12:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
pine_ed:
I've checked at Msg settings & not seen any cell broadcast stuff.. I use HTC fone.
Thanks for ur reply.

i use an Android device running jellybean, i suppose it being Android it should be just about the same thing, go to settings in messaging and scroll to the bottom you should see cell broadcast turn it off,,, if your htc is running windos mobile check the setting > Phone ...and uncheck broadcast channels....

if these dont help try using Google.com with the keywords HTC + Your Phone name + Operating system of the phone + cell broadcast
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
martinkem:

i use an Android device running jellybean, i suppose it being Android it should be just about the same thing, go to settings in messaging and scroll to the bottom you should see cell broadcast turn it off,,, if your htc is running windos mobile check the setting > Phone ...and uncheck broadcast channels....

if these dont help try using Google.com with the keywords HTC + Your Phone name + Operating system of the phone + cell broadcast

Martin, I had to google it as you advised. Cell broadcast is actually under Call Settings - Menu=>Settings=>Call=>check Cell Broadcast. Done that! Thanks alot bro.
Re: ... by waks1(m): 9:39am On Jul 03, 2013
pine_ed:

Martin, I had to google it as you advised. Cell broadcast is actually under Call Settings - Menu=>Settings=>Call=>check Cell Broadcast. Done that! Thanks alot bro.

Yeah, that's what i did too and it worked.
Re: ... by tommyopera: 6:38am On Oct 23, 2013
av uncheck d broadcast box, bt d msg kips cumn anytym i set my network mode to gprs or edge and morever dis sim is no longer on mtnzone.... this tin is just annoyn
Re: ... by Oklander: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
tommyopera:
av uncheck d broadcast box, bt d msg kips cumn anytym i set my network mode to gprs or edge and morever dis sim is no longer on mtnzone.... this tin is just annoyn
OK, under cell broadcast settings, delete the channel with channel no. 50.
Re: ... by ettta(m): 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2017
Oklander:
OK, under cell broadcast settings, delete the channel with channel no. 50.

My phone does not have cell broadcast at the Call settings either, please is there another way.
Re: ... by JoeDimeji(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
This was helpful God bless ya'll

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free 50GB Of Dropbox Storage Space On Android Devices. / How To Create And Convert Videos To Whatsapp Gifs On Your Smartphone / My Infinix Hot Note X551 Gone Mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.