Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs (14007 Views)

$200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / Promoter Flays Fashola Over FG’s Contribution To Lekki Port / Singaporean Investors To Stake N195b On Lekki Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
eko ilee:

They do $1billion every year..

Look at your numbers then try again... cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
Before you make anymore foolery of yourself, oya digest this one... Dorectly from Port of LA's website

http://portoflosangeles.org/Publications/Financial_Statement_2012.pdf

Look on Page 33, and the adobe page is 39... Oya get to work grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by occam(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
eko ilee: NL illiterates at it again...lmao

Obviously, they are talking about the value of cargo business moving through the port which is not unrealistic since it's going to be serving multiple countries.

LA port alone moves goods worth over $236 billion a year and generates over $400 billion in annual revenue..

$200 Billion or not, this is very irrelevant, fact remains that this is set to be the largest and the most sophisticated port in west Africa. This is going to be the go to and the premier port serving all the west African coast.

The huge revenue numbers for now is irrelevant, it's all about the immense economic potential for all involved.

He's talking revenue numbers. Using fuzzy math to come up with fake projections is same as fraud

Rotterdam, the worlds's largest port generated revenue of $850 million in 2012. Compare that to the bunk $200 billion for this new port
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Tedpgrass: 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
EPOMA: This is the reason we owe so much debt,they will falsify data and borrow money aggressively, even Nigeria as a whole country does not get this amount from the sales of crude oil in 3 years. It is no even that the port will earn all the duties paid to itself.Bush and banana economics

Have to agree with you.

Gross over-estimation of budgets and expensive loans servicing,
Public services financed by taxes, mostly excessive and not means-tested, inappropriately geared towards the rich,
Systematic flushing out of the poor and helpless with no recourse to public aid.

Need to learn from the other Tax Free trade Zone.... methinks... ??Tinapia where a fraction of previous projections are yet to come into fruition, many years later.

We're watching, posterity will speak!!!!

The population isn't stupid enough to swallow lies +propaganda spewed out constantly

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Xfactoria: 10:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
kettykings: wow $200B quid this is more than the income of Apple , Microsoft and HP, , i can wait this dream port to take off.

Lagos has gotten it right for the first time , i hope before then they will reject the money from derivation and form a common wealth with the other south western states so that the FG will not impose a derivation formula on this income

This is why I will never forgive Buhari for stopping the Lagos Metro project of 1983! We would have had a subway by now.
That animal will never govern Nigeria by God's grace.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Krucifax(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
eko ilee:

That's what can't read and comprehend illiterates like you call Nigerians and Lagos politicians again.

smh....

Really? You must use that word illiterate loosely. I would have spent time reiterating why it's a political ploy but with your username and obvious intellectual dwarfish,you'll probably lack the mental capacity to understand. So please next time keep quite when adults are talking.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by peace3: 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
bayooooooo: That figure should be in naira not dollars.
NOPE,I GUESS HE MEANT 200 GHANIAN CEDIS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by merengue: 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
ikwere militant: Shut up eko ille are u back from exile.do u tink africa is europe or america.which of dis countries re u toking that will use ur seaport when in actual sence ure using odar peoples own.so u mean benin republic ot ghana or gabon tell me na.mugu. U tell dat to ur dirth lookng amala selas like desola

Your idiocy is exceeded only by the abysmal nature of your spellings, go & buy yourself some brains ASAP.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by merengue: 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2013
@Rossikk: My brother, you are really trying o, big ups to you. This crusade that you have taken on to highlight what is good (or seems to be good)about Nigeria, please continue.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
Krucifax:

Really? You must use that word illiterate loosely. I would have spent time reiterating why it's a political ploy but with your username and obvious intellectual dwarfish,you'll probably lack the mental capacity to understand. So please next time keep quite when adults are talking.

STFU, what's a foreigner tissuing projections about his business got to do Lagos Eko politicians?

Dumb tribalistic, and bigoted villager..
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Krucifax(m): 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
eko ilee:

STFU, what's a foreigner tissuing projections about his business got to do Lagos Eko politicians?

The down side of Social Media means i have to rub shoulders with characters like you. Good for you and bad for me! Here's a thought if we met in real life you will be apologizing for your disrespectful behaviour!

Since you can't make your point without insults i'll let you mire in the doldrums of that closed box which you claim to be a brain! Go back to slanging handbags with your type the dregs and miscreants of Nairaland.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
occam:

He's talking revenue numbers. Using fuzzy math to come up with fake projections is same as fraud

Rotterdam, the worlds's largest port generated revenue of $850 million in 2012. Compare that to the bunk $200 billion for this new port

Is the word projection a statement of fact or maybe/expectation?

Right or wrong is absolutely irrelevant since projection is never a statement of fact, it's what you hope to make and never what you are actually going to make so all this silly noise remains pointless unless the problem here is just that you people don't know the meaning of projection.

That's his projection and he's free to make whatever projection he feels like based on his investment and available data of port business in his area of operation.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
Krucifax:

The down side of Social Media means i have to rub shoulders with characters like you. Good for you and bad for me! Here's a thought if we met in real life you will be apologizing for your disrespectful behaviour!

Since you can't make your point without insults i'll let you mire in the doldrums of that closed box which you claim to be a brain! Go back to slanging handbags with your type the dregs and miscreants of Nairaland.

Answer my question...

STFU, what's a foreigner issuing projections about his business got to do with Lagos Eko politicians?

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Krucifax(m): 12:05am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee:

Answer my question...

STFU, what's a foreigner issuing projections about his business got to do with Lagos Eko politicians?

You know the funds put towards your education (going on the assumption you had one), would have been better placed towards raising a poultry farm. Please speak English if you are going to ask me a question,i appreciate your I.Q is in the single digits and i don't speak fluent slowpoke so it's hard to communicate with you buddy!
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 12:09am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life: Before you make anymore foolery of yourself, oya digest this one... Dorectly from Port of LA's website

http://portoflosangeles.org/Publications/Financial_Statement_2012.pdf

Look on Page 33, and the adobe page is 39... Oya get to work grin

Copy and paste it here...
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 12:11am On Apr 23, 2013
Krucifax:

You know the funds put towards your education (going on the assumption you had one), would have been better placed towards raising a poultry farm. Please speak English if you are going to ask me a question,i appreciate your I.Q is in the single digits and i don't speak fluent slowpoke so it's hard to communicate with you buddy!

And your village education = A foreigner issuing projections about his business is Lagos Eko politicians?

Like I said, STFU.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Afam4evaIsASlut: 12:28am On Apr 23, 2013
rozayx5:

by the way can someone show me one ACN state with constant electricity and get my vote come 2015

Cow, even I know that your states are not involved in the generation or distribution of power. Damn, the hate you jungle illiterates have in your hearts is just astonishing.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 2:08am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee:

Copy and paste it here...

Well, like you can see, the ext is in PDF and PDF is not copyable, at least I can't copy it, however, I know how to convert it, but being you, I'll pass. I just wanted you to see the reference for yourself that Port of LA is no where making $500 million annually, let alone a $1billion like you claimed not to talk of the $400 billion. GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by cupid4ig(m): 2:25am On Apr 23, 2013
This eko ilee is a big fool just making silly arguments with no real proof. Mumu alaye lagos
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 2:37am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Well, like you can see, the ext is in PDF and PDF is not copyable, at least I can't copy it, however, I know how to convert it, but being you, I'll pass. I just wanted you to see the reference for yourself that Port of LA is no where making $500 million annually, let alone a $1billion like you claimed not to talk of the $400 billion. GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT.

I ran through the link you posted and there's nothing in it challenging what I posted.

Your assignment was to cut and paste the exact figures here on NL, not some silly gibberish about reference.

We both know why you refused to copy and paste your nonsense. You can copy off PDF so hush with that silly lie.

Do what I ask you to do or keep quiet...
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 2:38am On Apr 23, 2013
cupid4ig: This eko ilee is a big fool just making silly arguments with no real proof. Mumu alaye lagos

Dullard, STFU and make yourself useful by helping your uncle over there copy and paste.

Village Dummy..
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 2:52am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee:

I ran through the link you posted and there's nothing in it challenging what I posted.

Your assignment was to cut and paste the exact figures here on NL, not some silly gibberish about reference.

We both know why you refused to copy and paste your nonsense. You can copy off PDF so hush with that silly lie.

Do what I ask you to do or keep quiet...

Lol, it either shows your stupendously ignorant or just plainly mischievous, I gave you "EXACT PAGES" of what their revenues for the most recent 2012, and you're here talking NONSENSE. If you don't know how to interpret basic financial statement, say so other than you fooling yourself

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 3:36am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, it either shows your stupendously ignorant or just plainly mischievous, I gave you "EXACT PAGES" of what their revenues for the most recent 2012, and you're here talking NONSENSE. If you don't know how to interpret basic financial statement, say so other than you fooling yourself

Dummy, this is not about pages or financial statement, this is about you showing us your own figures on NL just like I did.

Ode can't cut and past in 2013 talking about stupendously ignorant. Is cut and paste now rocket science? Look in the mirror for stupendously ignorant.

Even sef, I still don't know how common projection got you dumbos bending out of shape as if the man made a statement of fact.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 3:47am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee:

Dummy, this is not about pages or financial statement, this is about you showing us your own figures on NL just like I did.

Ode can't cut and past in 2013 talking about stupendously ignorant. Is cut and paste now rocket science? Look in the mirror for stupendously ignorant.

Even sef, I still don't know how common projection got you dumbos bending out of shape as if the man made a statement of fact.

Your ignorance is simply amazing... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wait, you mean your fictitious "$400billion in revenue, which you later shrunk by 400% down to $1billion" which was stil WRONG, FALSIFIED, INCORRECT, and whatever terms used to describe manipulative data. cheesy cheesy

Apparently YOU'RE SLOW...Here it is for you "SLOWLY"

1. Click on the link and open the page.

2. On the Top part of the file where it says "Page", change from "40" to "39" or scroll one page up.

3. When you get to the page, to your left, it says "Operating revenues", you will see all components that made up the revenues. Continue to look all the way down, the consolidated "Total Operating Revenues" says

[size=16pt]$409,787 for 2012[/size]

Port of Los Angeles made $409 million in 2012, not $500 million, let alone $1billion not to talk of the gargantuan $400billion cheesy cheesy. Quit arguing. grin grin wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 4:18am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

1. Click on the link and open the page.

2. On the Top part of the file where it says "Page", change from "40" to "39" or scroll one page up.

3. When you get to the page, to your left, it says "Operating revenues, you will see all components that made up the revenues. Continue to look all the way down, the consolidated "Total Operating Revenues"

Why are you dodging and dancing around? Is the total revenue in your PDF in invisible INK? Why not just make it easy and just cut and paste your so called components...

Dummy, I didn't ask you a damn thing about operating revenue, cut and paste the actual revenue and this is me assuming that your dumb asss know the difference between total income or revenue and operating revenue.

How hard is it to cut and paste? Dumb and incompetent Dufus..
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 4:24am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee:

Why are you dodging and dancing around? Is the total revenue in your PDF in invisible INK? Why not just make it easy and just cut and paste your so called components...

Dummy, I didn't ask you a damn thing about operating revenue, cut and paste the actual revenue and this is me assuming that your dumb asss know the difference between total income or revenue and operating revenue.

How hard is it to cut and paste? Dumb and incompetent Dufus..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This bold part is CLASSIC, I did not know there was a difference between actual revenue and operating revenues -- CLASSIC. This means "MANNY IS DONE WITH YOU". When you call people an illiterate, first look to yourself first, because perhaps, you may as well be the illiterate. Go do basic financial accounting and terminologies, then come back and argue. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Btw, since you're pressed about it,

PORT OF LOS ANGELES
(HARBOR DEPARTMENT OF THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES)
Statements of Revenues, Expenses, and Changes in Net Assets
For the Years ended June 30, 2012 and 2011
(amounts In thousands)
OPERATING REVENUE

Shipping services

Wharfage
$333,757
$317,621

Dockage

Demurrage

Pilotage

Assignment charges

Total shipping services

Rentals

Land

Buildings

Warehouses

Wharf and shed

Total rentals

Royalties, fees, and other operating revenues

Fees, concessions, and royalties

Clean truck program fees

Oil royalties

Other

Total royalties, fee, and other operating revenue

Total operating revenue

There u have it, if you can interpret that, good for you... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please don't ask a dumber question why is it like that because anyone who works with Adobe PDF KNOWS WELL you cannot copy and paste PDF data, YOU CONVERT THE DATA into EXCEL or WORD or whatever editing format you wish. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 4:37am On Apr 23, 2013
^^^^^^ Dullard, you really are reta,rded.

Go back and cut and paste total revenue, I didn't ask you anything about operating cost.

Assuming you know the difference between income and operating cost was a mistake on my part.
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 4:40am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee: ^^^^^^ Dullard, you really are reta,rded.

Go back and cut and paste total revenue, I didn't ask you anything about operating cost.

Assuming you know the difference between income and operating cost was a mistake on part.

This one na serious comedy central grin grin grin

Abeg, is there any NLander who can confirm the link for our resident illiterate? grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by ekoilee: 4:40am On Apr 23, 2013
Let me leave this common ret.ard alone and get back to the original topic...

It is now safe to conclude that the OP posted a bogus article intentionally or unintentionally, either way, the article remains bogus. The $200 billion though a projection was misquoted especially with the extra zero, the original quote was $20 billion. Even OP's article is no longer available, it's now a dead link obviously because the source spotted the error and got rid of the whole article..

The actual figure quoted by the man was $20 billion...
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 23, 2013
eko ilee has been taken to the cleaners.
*He might say I'm part of the "40 laptop crew", or a 'retardeen'* grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by manny4life(m): 4:43am On Apr 23, 2013
No problem eko, when I get to work tomorrow, where I have time and resource to convert a 100+ page file, I will convert it and upload the selected sections. Better yet, I can print it out, SCAN IT and upload it so your illiterate mind can see it... grin grin
Re: Lekki Port To Generate $200 Billion + 163,000 Jobs by otokx(m): 4:44am On Apr 23, 2013
Its good to see that people are now recognizing the lies being told by our thieving politicians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glints Of Hope As Hurricane Sowore Storms Adamawa / Why Are Ghanians Not Protesting Over A Similar Increase In Their Pump Price: / Students Killed In Oyo Protest By Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.