Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card (3265 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it is not, pardon me @moderator cos I couldn't find any section here for banking.

Meanwhile, my credit card just got impersonated, so I can't use it and I need a new credit card to enable me transact and shop online like before.

I have a dom acct already with fidelity bank and don't want to run another dom account with any other bank, yet, I need a credit card urgently.

A friend told me to try GTBank, that they have a credit card on their normal savings acct which can also be used to make payments online, now I want to get enough info before I visit any of the GTBank branches cos I don't usually have time and don't want to go there queuing and waiting to no avail...

What do I need the credit card for?

1. To pay for web hosting of some of my new websites (of course in usa dollars)

2. To pay for new domain names

3. To shop online

4. And for other purposes.
The above info is to give anyone willing to assist me an idea of what type of card I need. If you have vital info or experience that would guide me, pls don't hesitate to share with me.

Stay blessed.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by 2sexyus: 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
Yes you can do all that with GTB naira mastercard. They will charge u 3k for dia token

or Use UBA Africard. I have never had problem with mine. It cost me 750 to get one and all I went to the bank with was just national ID and 2 passort photo. I got there and was given a form to fill.
DailyNews: I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it is not, pardon me @moderator cos I couldn't find any section here for banking.

Meanwhile, my credit card just got impersonated, so I can't use it and I need a new credit card to enable me transact and shop online like before.

I have a dom acct already with fidelity bank and don't want to run another dom account with any other bank, yet, I need a credit card urgently.

A friend told me to try GTBank, that they have a credit card on their normal savings acct which can also be used to make payments online, now I want to get enough info before I visit any of the GTBank branches cos I don't usually have time and don't want to go there queuing and waiting to no avail...

3. To shop online

The above info is to give anyone willing to assist me an idea of what type of card I need. If you have vital info or experience that would guide me, pls don't hesitate to share with me.

Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:
Yes you can do all that with GTB naira mastercard. They will charge u 3k for dia token

or Use UBA Africard. I have never had problem with mine. It cost me 750 to get one and all I went to the bank with was just national ID and 2 passort photo. I got there and was given a form to fill.
Thanks for the info 2sexy, but have you used it to shop and make online payments in dollars?

Which one are you using- Africard or GTBank?

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by arbitrage: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:

You do not even need token to use the card online since the Naira Mastercard details will be all you are entering on the seller's website. Except the website also subscribed to Mastercard securecode, which will require you to use your token to generate securecode on GTB internet banking.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by 2sexyus: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
What I have mostly used mine for is the registering domain names and selling them for higher profit, i have also used for webhosting at Hostgator.

Look at the importation thread of this section, most of the buyers of products there use mostly naira mastercard or visa...

DailyNews: Thanks for the info 2sexy, but have you used it to shop and make online payments in dollars?

Which one are you using- Africard or GTBank?

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by 2sexyus: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
Wrong... GTB is does not allow you to use it without activation which requires you to pay 3k for the token.
arbitrage:

You do not even need token to use the card online since the Naira Mastercard details will be all you are entering on the seller's website. Except the website also subscribed to Mastercard securecode, which will require you to use your token to generate securecode on GTB internet banking.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by tjmc: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:
Wrong... GTB is does not allow you to use it without activation which requires you to pay 3k for the token.

Over sabi guy aka ITK( I too know)

My bros dey transact online without d token
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
2sexy.us:
What I have mostly used mine for is the registering domain names and selling them for higher profit, i have also used for webhosting at Hostgator.

Look at the importation thread of this section, most of the buyers of products there use mostly naira mastercard or visa...

Thanks again 2sexy and arbitrage...I will visit a GTBank branch before this month runs out as soon as I am chanced. Once again, God bless you two for the helpful info, really appreciatesmiley
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by 2sexyus: 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ode... What you would have said is they have changed the rule. As at when they started, no one could buy anything online, except local naija sites.

That was why I never used them... Aske your bros if he didnt pay for the token...
tjmc:

Over sabi guy aka ITK( I too know)

My bros dey transact online without d token
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by naijacutee(f): 1:16pm On May 04, 2013
This thread is very helpful.
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by bukahands(m): 2:48pm On May 04, 2013
Like arbitrage said u Don't need token for sites that don't have mastercard secure. The token is only needed to generate ur own secure code. I have used the mastercard on many sites without token. Though I have d token now. U can fund hostgator without token
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by bukahands(m): 2:50pm On May 04, 2013
2sexy.us:
Ode... What you would have said is they have changed the rule. As at when they started, no one could buy anything online, except local naija sites.

That was why I never used them... Aske your bros if he didnt pay for the token...

Wen did this start cos I know from the onset of the card I have been using it for international payment. I got the token for wire transfer selling of fx and odas
Re: Urgent Answers Needed On Gtbank Credit Card by Nobody: 8:28am On May 05, 2013
DailyNews: I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it is not, pardon me @moderator cos I couldn't find any section here for banking.

3. To shop online

Stay blessed.

Stop press, its your own money you're spending not a revolving loan so what you're talking about is actually a Debit card. With out piss poor database in naija we hardly ever do credit.

i have a GTB debit Mastercard. Normal Naira denominated ATM card that came with my current account. And yes I've used it severally online to pay for domain hosting (dollar transactions) and the likes. I highly recommend GTB!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Receive Western Union Money Transfers Online Via Quickteller / I Want To Invest In My Home Town And Hopefully Attract Attention; Any Ideas? / FG signed N240bn Power & Refinery Deal With EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.