Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,570 members, 7,837,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! (792 Views)

Fayose Suspends Teachers For Engaging Students In Child Labour(Pics) / Ajimobi Is The Oyo State APC Governorship Candidate For 2015! / 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! by TOMIWACHAMPION(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
I have always wondered why our governance is full of lies and the people in the helm of affairs can not be trusted. It is very hard for me to believe whether they even have an iota of feelings for human race. Why should a Governor owe pensioners for good seven months and doesnt feel so ashamed to resign his appointment.

I am writing this piece with utmost sadness and concern for pensioners in Oyo State who have been denied their stipends for the past seven months without even a word of sorry from the Oyo State Government led by one heartless Senator Ajimobi. It is not an hearsay, My dad is a retired primary school teacher and he has not been paid his pension for the past seven months.

Who will deliver us from these devilish people calling themselves leaders? They are nothing but representatives of lucifer. Imagine a 70 and 80year old men and women suffering because they couldnt get their lawful allowances from these prodigal sons and daughters occupying the seat of power.

Somebody should please sing this in his ears or the ears of one of his sycophants because the pain is unbearable. I will appreciate if Patriotic Nairalanders can place this on our Front Page for the whole world to see maybe the poor pensioners can be rescued.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! by Fellywood(m): 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
I feel for your dear dad and others. And to think that these are the ones screaming opposition. I sure know they are not the saviours. God dey my brother.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! by TOMIWACHAMPION(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thank you my brother
Re: Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
@OP,

I feel your pain.

Although there has been much talk about improvements in the welfare of pensioners in recent years, far too little is being done to remove the caprices of an unwinding provisioning loop which has them waiting endlessly for their entitlements.

Kudos to Ajimobi on retired teachers’ pension

I want to use your widely-read newspaper to commend the Oyo State governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, for allowing the 2011/2012 retired primary school teachers to be placed on pension register in the state.

The retirees recently got their January 2013 pensions recently after waiting for about 18 months. This has really helped the retirees settle some pressing financial needs. I also want to commend the efforts of the chairman of the Oyo State Pensions Board, Chief Lasisi Ayankojo, towards ensuring that the retirees are paid.

However, I want to call on Governor Ajimobi not to forget his promise to pay the gratuities and pension arrears of the retirees. For the 2011 retirees, they had to wait for 18 months before they are placed on the pensions register.

That means that they have 18 months pension arrears, as well as their gratuities.

We will be grateful if the governor, Senator Ajimobi, approves the payment as soon as possible.
Comrade Remi Babatunde,
Ibadan, Oyo State.

Source
Re: Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! by talktimi(m): 3:54am On Apr 24, 2013
MODS front page o, I guess Tonto Dikeh is around here somewhere... Abi is that not the criteria for front page again ?

This is just so wicked of our govt officials, by age 40-60, these people have only the hope of their pensions as the little dignity they can depend on yet govts across the nation deem it fit to deny these old people because within a month of office, an average governor is automatically a multi billionaire thereby forgetting that other people are not as "privileged" to steal as they are.
Re: Ajimobi Is Owing Retired Teachers For 7 Months ! Somebody Help ! by Scarpon(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2013
u guys don't know how to protes or strike? ?

(1) (Reply)

Prof Chinua Achebe Must Be Honoured Posthumously - YOUNG DESTINY A / More External Debt ($9bn) / Tinubu Looking At Woman's Bossoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.