Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road (4477 Views)

Iseyin(oyo) Unit Result Is Here / Iseyin(oyo) Unit Result Is Here / Ajimobi Is The Oyo State APC Governorship Candidate For 2015! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by jibsai(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
BEFORE now, it had been hectic for indigenes and residents of Oke-Ogun, the northern area of Oyo State, to have easy access to their homeland as a result of the bad state of the road which links them to Ibadan and Oyo towns. With the current on-going reconstruction to give way for a wider and smooth dualised road, however, the problem is heading into the can of history.

When Senator Abiola Ajimobi became the governor of Oyo State, his promise of urban-rural integration drive, was not to leave out the region in the scheme of things. On November 2012, his administration approved the dualisation of Oyo/Ibadan/Iseyin 6.53km road at the cost of N6,092,448,322.40k, and is expected to be completed by May 2014.

Apart from being the first road slated for dualisation in the region, the same road, constructed over 65 years ago, precisely in 1948, according to sources, had been in that terrible condition for more than 25 years, consistently slowing down movement to and from the region.

Though, the construction brought about temporary setback to the indigenes and residents of Iseyin, the long term benefit would override the current challenges, as the road had refused several temporary solutions by successive state governments’ administrations and local governments’, according to the caretaker chairman of Iseyin Local Government, Honourable Saheed Adejare Yusuf.

The Principal Resident Engineer of the Ministry of Works and Transport, Mr Olayiwola Rasaq, said the former road was too narrow for its earlier function of connecting the entire Oke-Ogun community with other parts of the state. He said because of “the narrow path of the road, the compensation will gulp the state government around N200 million. The officers are currently taking the enumeration now after which the verification exercise of the rightful owners of the affected houses will be carried out. The government had promised not to allow this process to mar the benefit of the road, so everything about the compensation is taken as seriously as the project itself,” Olayiwola said.

He added that the road, which is 26.3m wide with standard drainage system, when completed, would be a model for other roads. Olayiwola said the quality of the road in maintenance was tested in the ministry’s laboratory and that it would stand the test of time for the next 20 years upon completion. This development could, however, be a source of good news to the road users while others would be hanging around to confirm the durability or otherwise of the project when completed.

The construction firm – Adold Engineering Development Company’s project manager, Bradley Viglino, an Italian, promised that the company would meet up with the scheduled delivery time. Viglino said this development was not unconnected with the support the construction workers had been receiving from the people of the area. He said “the people have been helpful and are even ready to participate in whatever we’re doing.”

Viglino’s observation is a counter to the rumour that the people of Iseyin were protesting the demolition of their houses thereby, causing ‘unnecessary delay for the project’.

The Aseyin of Iseyin, Oba Abdul Ganiyu Adekunle Salau Ajinase Ologunebi I, during a thank you visit to Senator Ajimobi for the dualisation of the road, said that the road project coupled with various other projects that his government had instituted in Iseyin, had changed the face of the town. He added that the on-going road project had been a dream of all Iseyin indigenes for ages, saying “seeing this mission accomplished, no Iseyin indigene is complaining, instead, we’re grateful for this honour done us.”

While speaking with the Nigerian Tribune, Oba Abdul Ganiyu Adekunle Salau Ajinase further added that, “We’re happy seeing a government that is considering us in its plan. We have no cause to protest, and I can assure Governor Ajimobi that all the people of Iseyin are happy with the road project without any cause to protest.”

But like Oliver Twist, the Aseyin, while appreciating the efforts of the governor said, all Iseyin sons and daughters were looking forward to the time when the governor would stretch his magic wand to the Ikere dam, also in Iseyin, which is in need of renovation.

Also speaking, the caretaker chairman, Iseyin Local Government, Honourable Saheed Adejare Yusuf, said the road which had been neglected for years, no doubt would change the face of Iseyin for good. He noted that, “this is a welcome and wonderful development. The road has been a subject of neglect for years and when completed, I am very optimistic that it will change the face of Iseyin because for the first time, a standard dualised road is coming up in the town.”

When asked about his subjects’ reaction to the demolition exercise which had been politicised, Yusuf said “I made my people to realise that no development takes place without a sacrifice, especially with this one we’re about to experience now. I then made it clear to them that compensation awaits victims, more so, that the compensation plan was part of the project and not an afterthought at all. And believe me, they all agreed in unison, so there wasn’t any form of protest as being speculated.”

Nigerian Tribune spoke with some of the direct users of the road, especially now that the construction process had been hindering the smooth operation of their day-to-day business activities.

Mutairu Akolade, the vice-chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Iseyin branch, in his view believed that the project would save his members the agony of incessant repair of their automobiles. He noted that motorists spent fortunes on repair, hoping that that would change as soon as the project was completed.

Also, the Iyaloja, Bola Ige Shopping Complex, Iseyin, Chief (Mrs) Tawa Oladoyin, said the traders were looking forward to the completion of the road project, saying, the motorists’ charge on their wares was overwhelming. That situation, Mrs Oladoyin said, forced them to increase their prices.

The National President, Iseyin Development Union, Colonel Fatai Shittu (retd), thanked the governor for removing the stigma of ‘abandoned project’, which had been on Iseyin road for years. He said the current administration’s various projects under construction in the town had given the town a desirable facelift.
Source: http:///Prt9EsBx1b

2 Likes

Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by wellmax(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nice work Ajimobi

1 Like

Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by emiye(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
The good work continues ........

The never die PDP & AP online goons will have something negative to comment though, they always will... Watch out ! cool
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by jibsai(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
Its amazin! Gov Ajimobi said in 2years (1500 school renovated), 67000 furniture provided, 1000(300 doctors) employed 100% review of car/house loans for teachers and 20000 youths employed 4 yes o program! I saw it @aaajimobi on twitter>>> http:///B22gQlFoJl

I must say, he is by far most outstanding administrator Oyo state hv seen in recent times...plus watch him pronounce "ki oyo le da, ajumose gbogbo wa ni o" lol
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by Hardfact: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
It's only commendable when govts execute projects that are in line with the yearning of the people.

1 Like

Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by Gbawe: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
emiye: The good work continues ........

The never die PDP & AP online goons will have something negative to comment though, they always will... Watch out ! cool

My friend take your time ooh !!!! Is it roads the starving people will eat? Some citizens have not eaten for 4 day and Ajimobi is building roads !!! Nonsense.
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by Garrithe1st: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
He is busy building road while many of the children in that area cannot speak english. Why not focus on education??

Misplaced priority!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yours Sincerely,

"Mr. Bigot"
from .... You know where
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
I think he should focus more on roads that of great need to the people and not that road. It's a misplaced priority imo.

Na joke i dey oo grin
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
This took 65 years?

This was pre-Independence sef....dayummmmmmmmmmmm

Carry Go-Ajimobi....Onisegun
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by jibsai(m): 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
Garri the 1st: He is busy building road while many of the children in that area cannot speak english. Why not focus on education??

Misplaced priority!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yours Sincerely,

"Mr. Bigot"
from .... You know where

I hav not bin to my home town(ayetoro okeho) since ma grandma's burial in 2009! Reason ma car we just break down just btw iseyin-okeho which shd just be about 20-25km road it is terrible, d portholes are massive! Majority of food supply in oyo state comes frm oke-ogun yet d region hav bin very backward! D fulani over d years hav turned d route to grazing centre nd ofcos robbing people!a situation dat lead to commecial goin thru iseyin-ibarapa route back to okeho, if u kno all dz places then u will kno, we from oke-ogun see it has a welcome development afterall some peeps hav being Govs in d past, came there to campaign and didn't comeback!! Education sector of d area is not bad as u mak it sound, saki poly satellite of ib is now full grown same as eruwa, and oke-ogun schools benefited frm 1500 school renovation nd 67000 furniture// D road is Meant to sort all d wide gap problems btw d 10""LGs of oke_ogun and d city zones of oyo/ibadan no be wen u can get thru to somwhr u'd be able see more clearly next steps! Or don't u think so, shey na helicopter u won mak e dey fly ibadan to oke-ogun ni...
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
Aji sebi Oyo laari

Oyo ki se bi Baba enikan

1 Like

Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by jibsai(m): 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
And to all of your ACN touts here stop SPAMING THIS SECTION WITH UR MASTERS CRAP PROPAGANDA !

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

And the most annoying aspect to it all is that you are so quick to accuse other posters who don't give a hoot about your master's achievement with the only response that we are PDP agents.

I think your conscience is what is getting the best of you.

Mumu

Why can't u just quit posting on this thread den...u don't give a hoot fine, some others give a hoot, ok...thot I told ur burnt head to go chock ursef
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by PvtParts1: 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
jibsai:

Why can't u just quit posting on this thread den...u don't give a hoot fine, some others give a hoot, ok...thot I told ur burnt head to go chock ursef
Nah it dont work like that and today I am going to give it to u raw!

For every buck spent on these projects your open teeth governor and his tout commander tinibu makes at least 5 extra.

keep deceiving yourself!

You may enjoy being constantly anally r@ped by your ACN ogas at the top and so wish to share it but some of us are revolted by it.

Get your cancer threads out of her.

Some of us are not here to celebrate mediocre achievements but to discus real politicking.
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by PvtParts1: 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
una No answer me abi?

Good!
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by PapaBrowne(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
Gbawe:

My friend take your time ooh !!!! Is it roads the starving people will eat? Some citizens have not eaten for 4 day and Ajimobi is building roads !!! Nonsense.

Wasnt hard for you to do that mock up because it is cultural to your DNA.

Everybody should celebrate progress! Its only bias that would make someone see something that's good and call it bad which you and many of your ilk were doing until the State of Emergency declaration where your master jagaban presented a misfitting essay.

I made a long trip yesterday criss crossing a section of Nigeria and I concluded that progress is finally coming to Nigeria both in PDP and non PDP states. The federal high ways are impressively improved and both PDP and ACN states are beginning to pick up. The reason is that elections now count and if you fail to perform you'll be out. Its good for the country. And its speaks volumes that its all happening under the watch of a man who many have chosen to label clueless.
Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by dayokanu(m): 8:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

Nah it dont work like that and today I am going to give it to u raw!

For every buck spent on these projects your open teeth governor and his tout commander tinibu makes at least 5 extra.

keep deceiving yourself!

You may enjoy being constantly anally r@ped by your ACN ogas at the top and so wish to share it but some of us are revolted by it.

Get your cancer threads out of her.

Some of us are not here to celebrate mediocre achievements but to discus real politicking.

We the indigenes of Oyo state like am so

We prefer our open teeth governor and Tinubu to share it rather than the PDP akala, Adedibu OBj who did nothing for 8yrs and still stole us dry

If you no like am, You can take Akala, Adedibu and co to your state to be Governor

1 Like

Re: 65 Years After, Ajimobi Is Dualising Iseyin/oyo Road by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
whats my business with ur amala politics?

just stop shovelling dung on this site.

its bad taste and reeks of cheap propaganda on your master's side.

ode

If nothing concerns you with Amala Politics how come you are running nakedd and shamelessly about a thread celebrating the working of Oyo State

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Wonder Why APC Is Getting More Popular By The Day? / See Crowd at Kano State PDP Governorship Campaign (photo) / Cardinal Okogie Exposes Buhari - See Why He Is Afraid Of Restructuring Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.