Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Travelling Through Onitsha - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling Through Onitsha (1641 Views)

Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / Safety Tips When Travelling Through Water. / While Travelling Through Spain Y Noticed This Wierd Issue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling Through Onitsha by IGBOSON1: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
Just saw this video on youtube, and decided to post it and get your feedback. I've not watched it yet (about to go out for lunch wink), so i'm yet to form an opinion one way or the other; but i'd like to get your comments on Obis' transformation of Onitsha.

Video is courtesy of C.Ezeani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfsRxAISHmo
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by asha80(m): 1:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
cannot view it through my phone though.
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by Coldblooded(m): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
I don't have the patience to watch it to the end cos I don't see anything significant there to keep me wacthing..
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by ifyalways(f): 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
If not for the China conversation cheesy and lovely Imo accent kiss, the video is a waste of time.IMO

What did/has Obi do/done in Onitsha?
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
ifyalways: If not for the China conversation cheesy and lovely Imo accent kiss, the video is a waste of time.IMO

What did/has Obi do/done in Onitsha?

What I heard there was Anambra dialect though. Still the normal Onitsha but I noticed the normal heaps of laterite that I so much hate. There are also some streetlights being installed.

If this is a recent video, then it only goes to confirm the 7years of waste. I pray it was taken around 2010.

Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by asha80(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
Abagworo:

What I heard there was Anambra dialect though. Still the normal Onitsha but I noticed the normal heaps of laterite that I so much hate. There are also some streetlights being installed.

If this is a recent video, then it only goes to confirm the 7years of waste. I pray it was taken around 2010.
you need to asphalt the whole of onitsha to eliminate those sand dunes at the sides of the road and daily clean up of roads.
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
asha 80: you need to asphalt the whole of onitsha to eliminate those sand dunes at the sides of the road and daily clean up of roads.

Its difficult to do since Onitsha is not a State capital. My point is that after 7years and he's still trying to install streetlights on a dirty road, then it has been years of waste.
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by IGBOSON1: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
Abagworo:

^^^Abagworo, unfortunately the video was made just three days ago

I was watching it with a rising sense of anger and resignation. You see why there are hardly any recent pics/videos of Onitsha? Besides GRA, there's hardly any beautiful/leafy/serene place in that city to boast of. How hard is it to sweep the main streets every evening and plant trees on both sides of the expressway to give the city a fresh/green look? I don't know what it is with Anambra, but they just don't have time or give a fuc/k about presenting their cities in the best possible way......and this all the more annoying when you consider the amount of revenue a proactive state gov't could be making from Onitsha and Nnewi alone; i think it was in February that i posted a comparison of IGR revenue for last year of the south east states, and Anambras' own amounted to less than a billion a month while 'little' Ebonyi pulled in about 15 billion). I can just imagine how inner-city streets would look if the main thoroughfare that passes through Onitsha looks this unkempt.

In a place where things work, it's the local gov't that's supposed to maintain and sweep township roads on a regular basis; and the citizens are supposed to be responsible enough to pay their taxes and rates as-and-when-due if they expect such from gov't.

Those roads we saw in the video; does anyone know if they're federal or State owned/constructed?
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by IGBOSON1: 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Why was this thread moved to the graveyard section that is travel?

I know who's responsible for this!.....you think i posted this on this website for 'tourism' reasons; or to hold the Anambra state gov't to account?

Please move it back to 'politics' section!
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by Rossikk(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
Guys, I feel you. You see this is why some us just laugh when these pro-Biafra folks come in here ranting this and that. Tell me something. Is it Biafra or no Biafra that makes it that the entrance into Onitsha looks like you're entering Kabul, Afghanistan?

Mogadishu has a more befitting entrance I'm sure.

And the sad thing is, it doesn't take much to transform that environment - just a bit of asphalt and grass, to shut out the sand. That's it!

On a positive note, I did notice, tucked in behind the rows of houses, what looked like massive factories springing up here and there. Hope there weren't churches. angry
Re: Travelling Through Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Why was this thread moved to the graveyard section that is travel?

I know who's responsible for this!.....you think i posted this on this website for 'tourism' reasons; or to hold the Anambra state gov't to account?

Please move it back to 'politics' section!

Sadly Peter Obi put some people under his payroll to be dishing out false information and where it fails, they'd create a false impression of competition or envy. The Obi vs Rufai case goes a long way to show you his "modus operandi". Rather than defend his budget, he twisted it to Igbo vs Fulani.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Uniform Men At Airport Behave Irrational To Travellers? / Cost Of Transport Fee From Onitsha To Abuja / Check Out Top 10 Countries With The Best Electricity Supply In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.