Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic (15630 Views)

Luis Suarez Completes £75m Transfer To Barcelona / Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich / Luiz Suarez Banned For 8 Matches For Insulting Evra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by gbame(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
sharubutu: Good 4 him. But on a serious note, I think Suarez needs deliverance, he needs to visit the synagogue. It might not be ordinary afterall.

You mean it is a spiritual problem. I agree with you.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by gbame(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
ola_pluto: Liverpool should just loan him out till December. Typical hypocritical brits. Where in the rule book has this harsh punishment come from?

Suarez is not a first time offender. He has repeatedly done the same thing. A drastic measure is needed to put a stop before he bites somebody's throat.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by gbame(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
feelamong: Why should they ban him for 10 games?

Why why why??

Is the bite worse that a rough tackle that could end a player's playing career??

The English FA is just Stup/d

Rough takle is expected in a game of football, its part of it. But a bite is disgusting, repulsive, barbaric, childish, demonic, evil, etc. I lost my younger sister as a result of sickness associated with with finger being bitten when she was a teenager. And that 'bite' stayed with her till she died.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Jerryjat(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
lol's.... Gud 4 him...

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by leboss6(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
feelamong:

So Suarez call you or abi him ping u say him deserve am abi? Ewu Gambia!

So How many match ban was given to Ben Thatcher that elbowed Pedro Mendez and knocked him unconcious?

How many match ban was given to Cantona for that Flying kung fu kick to a spectator?
You my friend is the Ewu Gambia........Cantona got 9 months ban and Thatcher Got 8 months Ban

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by mrvictor: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Abeg, Ivanovic should be tested for rabies and should be vaccinated with antirabies
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by McGeorge1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
ola_pluto: Liverpool should just loan him out till December. Typical hypocritical brits. Where in the rule book has this harsh punishment come from?
shut the f..smileysmileysmileysmiley
smileysmileysmileysmiley
smileysmileysmileysmiley
smileysmileysmileysmiley
smileysmileysmileysmiley! He got a 7 match ban while he was I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ Ajax ƒσя same offence. Why shouldn't he receive more if he keeps repeating such actions? Silly kidz!

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by oyeleyemaureen(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
so bad for my suarez. think that ban is too harsh
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by hobat4cash(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
does suarez deserve a ban? Yes, does he deserve ten match ban? No or did he commit something close to murder? I understand that the majority of peeps here that support this injustice are those supporting the teams that have been mesmerized by suarez. Suarez is a gift to football(sorry that he is not playing for your team), he needs help to overcome his present predicament by all those that love the round leather game
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
hobat4cash: does suarez deserve a ban? Yes, does he deserve ten match ban? No or did he commit something close to murder? I understand that the majority of peeps here that support this injustice are those supporting the teams that have been mesmerized by suarez. Suarez is a gift to football(sorry that he is not playing for your team), he needs help to overcome his present predicament by all those that love the round leather game

He should be happy he just got only 10 match ban. It would had been worse for him if ivanovic pressed charges against him.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
a special padlock shd be designed specifically for suarez, to curtail his vampirous habits and must be worn just b4 the start of every game.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Il Capitano: Bloody Hell...This is just nuts. His act was irrational but the ensuing ban is just crazy. An English player will never get such a lengthy ban. Defoe did the same thing and went scot-free.Good going F.A.

ferdinand english player. (black) banned for 8 months...

joey barton. english player. (white) banned for 10 matches.

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Limaoscar: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
Suarez is a Cheat, a Racist and a Dog!

A rabied dog cheesy
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Limaoscar: 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
does suarez deserve a ban? Yes, does he deserve ten match ban? No or did he commit something close to murder? I understand that the majority of peeps here that support this injustice are those supporting the teams that have been mesmerized by suarez. Suarez is a gift to football(sorry that he is not playing for your team), he needs help to overcome his present predicament by all those that love the round leather game

You show a high level of Ignorance here boy! Suarez is NOT a first offender. Is Biting anything close to a tackle?

...and BTW you call a paltry 10 match ban Injustice? "Sua-bite" better pray Iva don't press Charges...after all that nonsense poo-ish opinion you put up there.

You talk about a grown-azz biting man needing help to "overcome His present Predicament", when His predicament dates back to Hand-volleying a shot at Goal away in the WC in SA (Uruquay vs Ghana)and Biting another player in Holland, Racial slur against Evra, several diving antics....etc...abeg go sleep!

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by nnanyereugo(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
Rastamann: was the biting intentional?
no, it was international. Hahahaahahahahahaha.........
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by femmy2010(m): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
The guy needs TruBlood. grin
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by nnanyereugo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
Aggrippa: a special padlock shd be designed specifically for suarez, to curtail his vampirous habits and must be worn just b4 the start of every game.
hahahahhahahahahah....... I agree wit u bro.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Akiika: 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Omo ale cannibal!
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by mosesakoja: 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
I think 10 months banned is ok and Yes he needs to work on his carter But he is
Still the best and his off field carter is far better than many players
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Peterboy1(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
quite unacceptable, while should a bite serve a lengthy ban than racist
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by kobikwelu(m): 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
10 games seems like a smack on the wrist... I expected a full year ban!!
Such animalistic behaviour should be clamped down upon heavily..

If na African man, ......

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by BashToks: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
samilo88: Suarez probably wanted a taste of champions league glory.

THIS IS GOLD!!!!
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by Godwin978(m): 11:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
Is he dog? He deserved it good 4him
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by BashToks: 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
feelamong:

Nobody is condoning the bite.. what we are asking is if Elbowing someone into unconsiousness or breaking someone's leg to end his career or even racist abuse is worse that the simple and harmless bite?

Yes He deserves to be punished but the no of match ban is totally uncalled for! The FA has personal issues to settle against Suarez!!

I agree on the issue that the FA can be a bit partial esp to local players but at this point, any disciplinary action taken against Siarez can't be too much. That dude is almost beyond repair. Biting, racism, hyper simulation on countless instances. Like he doesnt seem to learn.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by sleekdot(m): 12:09am On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by PhysicsQED(m): 12:25am On Apr 25, 2013
ajanaku2: Suarez is a Cheat, a Racist and a Dog!

Basically.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by olapluto(m): 12:59am On Apr 25, 2013
Jermaine Defoe once bit an opponent, all he got was a yellow card:
Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe says he has learnt his lesson after attracting criticism for seeming to bite the arm of West Ham's Javier Mascherano.
Defoe was booked during Sunday's win but escaped further punishment from the Football Association.

"It was in the heat of the moment," said Defoe. "I need to move forward, it definitely won't happen again.

"I didn't do much, but it was out of character. I don't usually get involved like that."

Defoe appeared to bite Mascherano after he was fouled by the Argentine midfielder.

The incident was described by Spurs boss Martin Jol as a "harmless nibble," but Defoe's actions were strongly criticised and Sports minister Richard Caborn called for his behaviour to be examined by the FA.

The FA decided not to take any action because referee Steve Bennett had already cautioned Defoe.

The England striker is now determined to put the incident behind him and wants to focus on adding to his goal tally, which rose above 100 career goals during Wednesday's 5-0 Carling Cup victory over MK Dons.

"I just want to play football and score goals, everybody knows that," said Defoe.

"I am a professional person and a passionate player. When I get on the pitch I just want to win every game."
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by olapluto(m): 1:01am On Apr 25, 2013
The hypocrisy of the English is glaring. 'an innocent nibble' for an English man, cannibalism for Suarez
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by kross01(m): 4:00am On Apr 25, 2013
in as much as i'm not absolving the brits of racial bias, more players in the past have received lenghtier punishments, and for the fact that suarez had in the past being banned for same offence by another FA, it is perfectly in the norm to increase the previous punishment to further deter such offence(u dnt expect him serving 7 in holland & 3 in england, dts tantamount to a pat on the back.
Suarez's 10-game ban is marginally lighter than the 12-match
suspension received by QPR midfielder Joey Barton for two
counts of violent conduct against Manchester City in the final game
of last season.
In 1998, Paolo Di Canio – now Sunderland manager – was banned
for 11 games for pushing a referee while playing for Sheffield
Wednesday.
Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand was suspended for eight
months for missing a drugs test in 2003 while Mark Bosnich and
Eric Cantona were each banned for nine months.
Old Trafford player Cantona's punishment came after he launched
a kung-fu style kick against a supporter at Crystal Palace in 1995,
while Chelsea goalkeeper Bosnich was sanctioned after testing
positive for cocaine in 2003.

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by supaeagles(m): 4:55am On Apr 25, 2013
sleekdot: http://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/11886_479056585496844_1644234762_n.jpg

Is that really Victor Anichebe's twitter account? It is full of vulgarities and profanities.
Re: Luis Suarez Banned For 10 Games For Biting Ivanovic by divineppties12: 6:20am On Apr 25, 2013
ibsureboy: Talent without character is a disaster. What kind of person would see this dude as a role model.
If biting will give me the fame and money, then I bite on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Bournemouth (3 - 0) On 26th December 2016 / Chelsea Vs Sporting Lisbon : UCL (3 - 1) On 10th December 2014 / BATE Borisov Vs Arsenal: Europa League (1 - 0) On 14th February 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.