Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Henry Akahara - The London Debate Gold Medalist - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Henry Akahara - The London Debate Gold Medalist (755 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate (elimination Round)- Winner 5: UNIBADAN / Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / Anambra Students To Represent Nigeria At 27th World Debate In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Henry Akahara - The London Debate Gold Medalist by coi: 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2008
Can someone tell me why it is difficult for people to identify with success?
I think the young boy that won the world-class youth debate at the British House of Commons, London, United Kingdom needs recognition that goes beyond all the write-ups and his face appearing on the newspapers.
Worse still,  the story of his success has been lacking in the foreign news – they prefer to discuss the negative things about Nigeria.  This young man beat about 200 students from 60 countries for crying loud and to say that he is a product of a public school.
My people, we need to give kudos to this great achiever or what do you think?
Re: Henry Akahara - The London Debate Gold Medalist by DisGuy: 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2008
a 15 year old boy is swimming for his country in the Olympics, why isn't the Nigerian media writing about it angry
i'm sure everyone had enough of the corruption stories!!

foreign news for foreign nations
if you want them to tell good stories you have to pay them, its called advertisement or something like that grin

funny thing is most people in nigeria don't even know the guy,
or they are waiting for a foreign journalist to talk about him?

(1) (Reply)

2008/2009 Unilag Admission List, How Far? / Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni. News / I Dont Want To Fail Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.