Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? (17639 Views)

Somalia Is A Great Country, Check Why! / Mansa Musa: The First Coon / Is This Really A Display Of A Bini [edo] Or A Yoruba Cultural Attire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 2:27am On Apr 25, 2013
Original title: Mansa Musa: The First Nigga.

Its hard to read about Mansa Musa, the richest man in the time-span of human existence, without getting angry.

When this African king made his procession to Mecca he gave away so much gold that the economy of Eygpt was devastated for a decade. The value of every metal deflated as far away as Spain and the economic destruction was so severe that Musa borrowed back much of the gold he had given at extremely high interest rates to try and fix the problem.

He built a mosque on every Friday of his pilgrimage, and ladden every beggar he saw with gold powder.

This was to the same Arabs who called his people Abd (not slave of God, slave of people & God) Abd Al-Abdalluh grin and castrated and raped Africans like animals for 1000's of years.

Did he not notice that the people these Arabs treated like swine were black like him?

Mansa Musa was the richest man in human existence, he had the power to control the economy of the entire known world. No black man has ever had, or ever will have that kind of power again. Mansa Musa had the power of world domination, and like a typical hood nigga, he gave it away...

Sound familiar?

2 Likes

Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 2:31am On Apr 25, 2013
nothing has changed.

Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:32am On Apr 25, 2013
Did you forget to take your pills
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep:
Mansa Musa was the richest man in human existence, he had the power to control the economy of the entire known world. No black man has ever had, or ever will have that kind of power again. Mansa Musa had the power of world domination, and like a typical hood nigger, he gave it away...

I will have that power! Nyahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree he shouldn't have given it away, but still he has created the most successful African empire. And how was he like a typical 'Nigger'? I mean the every day black person would never give money away like that. Do you see 50cent, P Diddy or Jay Z giving away money like that?
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I agree he shouldn't have given it away, but still he has created the most successful African empire. And how was he like a typical 'Nigger'? I mean the every day black person would never give money away like that. Do you see 50cent, P Diddy or Jay Z giving away money like that?
He didn't give away enough to put a real dent in his massive amount of wealth. His successors spent it more carelessly than he.

2 Likes

Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 25, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: He didn't give away enough to put a real dent in his massive amount of wealth. His successors spent it more carelessly than he.

Good point.

And even after the fall of the Mali empire, a greater empire emerged. The Songhai empire.
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Ever heard of makin it rain?
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2013
There is hardly a black man on this earth who can keep money past 2 generations.

most cant even keep it past 2 decades
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep: Ever heard of makin it rain?

Uh yeah. But Musa didnt waste it all.
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 7:48am On Apr 25, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: He didn't give away enough to put a real dent in his massive amount of wealth. His successors spent it more carelessly than he.
All you can do is make silly excuses, but you are missing the point.

Mansa Musa had absolute control over the price of gold in the entire know world That is the power of world domination and he squandered it.

He made his hajj with 60,000 men.... why was that not an army!
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 25, 2013
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep: There is hardly a black man on this earth who can keep money past 2 generations.

most cant even keep it past 2 decades
You gotta spend dat money plehboi
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 7:50am On Apr 25, 2013
^ You are officially a dumbass.

....Im just waiting till smarter ppl start commenting.
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by PAPAAFRICA: 7:54am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep: All you can do is make silly excuses, but you are missing the point.

Mansa Musa had absolute control over the price of gold in the entire know world That is the power of world domination and he squandered it.

He made his hajj with 60 thousand men.... why was that not an army!
What are you talking about? He had control over most known gold mines in west Africa. You really can't expect the world from the man.
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Tolexander: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2013
I read some stuffs about him anyway on the mali empire!

Is he the african version of king Solomon and Sulaiman!

1 Like

Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: What are you talking about? He had control over most known gold mines in west Africa. You really can't expect the world from the man.
Be silent dumbass.

William the conqurer took over england with 30 thousand men

The sultanate of Morrocco took over songhai with 2500 men

Mansa Musa had 400 billion dollars in gold and the logistics to transport 60,000 men across the sahara desert and he accomplished nothing.

African history is a history of failure.

1 Like

Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 8:01am On Apr 25, 2013
If any other people on earth had that kind of wealth and logistics they would have taken over the world.

60,000 men would have been the biggest army in the middle east at that time, and one of the biggest armies at that point in history.

Mansa Musa: The first nigger.

1 Like

Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 25, 2013
African are not expansionists , ever wonder why even the most successful kingdom and advanced ethnicity/civilizations dont have a map of their continent/region? Lmao

The west told us how Africa is and looks like.
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by PAPAAFRICA: 8:06am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep: Be silent dumbass.

William the conqurer took over england with 30 thousand men

The sultanate of Morrocco took over songhai with 2500 men

Mansa Musa had 400 billion dollars in gold and the logistics to transport 60,000 men across the sahara desert and he accomplished nothing.

African history is a history of failure.

Over expansion usually ends in failure
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2013
^ Under-expansion always ends in colonization you dumbass nigga!
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2013
grin
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 25, 2013
IIRC I think the Mali Empire used maps. Also they say one Mali ruler named Abubakari's made a voyage to the Americas.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1068950.stm

Some even said they found pre Columbus African remains on the U.S Vargin Islands with pre colombian braclets clamped around their wrist. Now I am not taking this as truth, but just saying.
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 25, 2013
To hell with your propaganda lmao , BA go kill me , tell me you also think we were kings and queens in Europe etc?
Sir Africans have never been one ,so I'm waiting from you the name of the ethnicity of those people, their leaders etc.....
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by PAPAAFRICA: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep: ^ Under-expansion always ends in colonization you dumbass nigga!

You lack critical thinking
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: To hell with your propaganda lmao , BA go kill me , tell me you also think we were kings and queens in Europe etc?
Sir Africans have never been one ,so I'm waiting from you the name of the ethnicity of those people, their leaders etc.....

Are you addressing me?
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2013
Mr Diawara says the paradox of Abubakari II, is that the Griots themselves imposed a seal of silence on the story.

"The Griots found his abdication a shameful act, not worthy of praise," Mr Diawara said.

"For that reason they have refused to sing praise or talk of this great African man

From your link
I don't buy your story
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by pleep(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: You lack critical thinking
you lack common sense.

No empire has ever lasted forever. But the ones who expanded have passed down a legacy to their decendants while the ones that didn't passed down a history of slavery and colonialization

which is better?

1 Like

Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 25, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Are you addressing me?
yes?
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Mr Diawara says the paradox of Abubakari II, is that the Griots themselves imposed a seal of silence on the story.

"The Griots found his abdication a shameful act, not worthy of praise," Mr Diawara said.

"For that reason they have refused to sing praise or talk of this great African man

From your link
I don't buy your story

I said I didn't take it as truth...

KidStranglehold:
IIRC I think the Mali Empire used maps. Also they say one Mali ruler named Abubakari's made a voyage to the Americas.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1068950.stm

Some even said they found pre Columbus African remains on the U.S Vargin Islands with pre colombian braclets clamped around their wrist.Now I am not taking this as truth, but just saying.
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep: you lack common sense.

No empire has ever lasted forever. But the ones who expanded have passed down a legacy to their decendants while the ones that didn't passed down a history of slavery and colonialization

which is better?
Re: Was Mansa-musa Really A Great Man? by PAPAAFRICA: 8:20am On Apr 25, 2013
pleep: you lack common sense.

which is better?
Ask the Mongolians about their great legacy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos (eko) Who Owns It? / Prof. Paul Okumagba Crowned As Orosuen Of Okere Urhobo Warri, Delta State / Ooni Commences Beautification Of 201 Shrines, Heritage Monuments In Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.