Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,435 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG (6600 Views)

Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. / Al-mustapha And Press Freedom. AIT ,Dokpesi Sacked 2 Senior Editorial Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Gbenge77(m): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
Desperate to win in 2015,the tyrannical and supremely sleazy Jonathan continues to clamp down on dissenting journalists.Nervertheless,In 2015,we shall see who is in charge;Nigerians,or Jonathan and his depraved PDP GANG.

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by onoja12: 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2013
the u.s.a should respect nigerian government and mind there business after all every bad government in the world is back by the c.i.a which is an american invention
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by solomon111(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
Gbenge 77: Desperate to win in 2015,the tyrannical and supremely sleazy Jonathan continues to clamp down on dissenting journalists.Nervertheless,In 2015,we shall see who is in charge;Nigerians,or Jonathan and his depraved PDP GANG.
And if GEJ should win the next election,i expect you to do the honourable thing.
MAKE SURE YOU HANG YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by onoja12: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
freedom of press my food,why has the american government not give wikileak freedom of press or why haven't they given press tv freedom of press the world is waking up from its sleep

2 Likes

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Dracula27: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Kamsy10:

Show me whats wrong in what he's saying. It's a democratic government for God's sake and freedom of press should be allowed.

Nigeria is even better, freedom of press in Benin is worse. African leaders need to learn to do the right things and face front instead of attacking the messengers. The way press is being humiliated in some African countries is just embarrassing and if it takes US to help communicate that to ogas at the top,so be it

@Kamsky10 Thank you for your reply. Please can i request that you read my post again to understand me properly as i think we are actually on the same page. The first few comments accorded to them were appreciated by me my concern is the continuous commentary being run on Nigeria by the USA.
This is particularly disturbing in view of were both nations are coming from historically, a concern that some of the historical issues still exists coupled with some level of international exposure. A quick look at out recent history and the active voice of their continuous negative commentary should make us think as some other Nairalanders have stated why they did not comment prior to this time when things were really worst and what the real interests at play is.
Also we must realize that such continuous commentary can only be as a result of instructions from Uncle Sam.

if you want them to mind their business,then force our government to do the right thing, if not, force your mouth to keep shut
@iamswizz grin grin grin Why do u still want to come and embarrass your family in public grin grin grin grin
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Noblechyk: 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
Red-Light:
why is usa so much interested in nigeria's affair recently :-/ were they asleep during obj's regime?
A million dollar question

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Noblechyk: 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ibanga p: Our elders say, 'wen a handshake has gone above d elbow then it is no longer a handshake'. Dis caution and critisism from America is gettin out of hand nd i tink they don't mean well for Nigeria considering d medium in which dey send this messages. In a time like dis wen Nigeria needs support nd encouragement frm 'developed' countries to avoid more chaos. They chose to sow a seed of discord nd hatred between d government and d people. I tink they have a hidden agenda dat does not mean well for dis country. And i believe some bad eggs in here in nigeria are pulling d strings on these issues.
America has a hidden agenda. Let's keep our fingers crossed & see how it unfolds. They 'll fail though.

2 Likes

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Symphony007: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
pekelepekele: Obama is working . Jonathan is learning
obama will kill to get the growth figures nigeria is enjoying. Nigeria is currently growing at 7% will the u.s is strugguling with 2 or 3.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by gothrones(m): 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
^
And that is expected, for Nigeria is a developing country. The growth rate of a child should be far more than that of an adult.

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Noblechyk: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
U.S is @ their dirty politics again, trying 2 cub Chinese growing influence in Africa, esp Nigeria. U.S wants GEJ to lose 2015 so that their alignment with opposition 'll guarantee the protection of their selfish interest here. For those applauding them, u're only ignorant of d fact dat U.S is d worst enemy of Press freedom.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by NEROSKY(m): 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dracula27%:
Abeg oooo if the different stories i read are true then it seems that the USA is beginning to comment on every single issue and aspect of happenings in Nigeria.
While i do not differ with them on this opinion i think they should face their front.
Colonialism is over and they are not to run a commentary on Nigeria.
Since you can't speak the fact they're helping you to, you're here ranting rubbish! You need a therapist!

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
If USA is now a Supervisory Country, then they need to lead by Example.
* Let USA drop all charges against Wikileaks.
* Let USA drop all charges against Julius Assange
* Let USA drop all charges against Paul Browning and release him from custody
* Let USA government ensure freedom of Press and publish information on Occupy Street and the 99% protest.

OR

Let USA respect the sovereignty of other nations, in as much as press freedom is a requirement from a democracy, Freedom is not Liberty. When journalists go as far as forging a memo against the government, then the handshake is beyond the elbow and ought to be stopped for National Security reasons. This is one warning too many from a pot, to a kettle.

4 Likes

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Noblechyk: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
Billyonaire: If USA is now a Supervisory Country, then they need to lead by Example.
* Let USA drop all charges against Wikileaks.
* Let USA drop all charges against Julius Assange
* Let USA drop all charges against Paul Browning and release him from custody
* Let USA government ensure freedom of Press and publish information on Occupy Street and the 99% protest.

OR

Let USA respect the sovereignty of other nations, in as much as press freedom is a requirement from a democracy, Freedom is not Liberty. When journalists go as far as forging a memo against the government, then the handshake is beyond the elbow and ought to be stopped for National Security reasons. This is one warning too many from a pot, to a kettle.
Undiluted

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by dklex(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
Imanuelle: even with all the press freedom, all we can do is tweet and curse on nairaland.

And how did that become your problem sir ? Is only individual that knows where the show pitches him or her, so everyman for his own opinion sir. One man food is another man's poison. All we are crying for is that we want a better leaving for every citizen in this country, simple and short.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by PECO4KING(m): 1:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
USA,thanks for your observation, since una know say we dey suffer for Nigeria make u give us Visa make we commot and start a new life for una country. If you really wan help Nigerians grin

3 Likes

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Dracula27: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
PECO4KING: USA,thanks for your observation, since una know say we dey suffer for Nigeria make u give us Visa make we commot and start a new life for una country. If you really wan help Nigerians grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin O boy u no well at all... I dey inside library read your post i done laugh nearly cause trouble for myself.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Dracula27: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
NEROSKY:
Since you can't speak the fact they're helping you to, you're here ranting rubbish! You need a therapist!
OOooooh Nairaland !! my dear Nairaland !! a unique forum that allows intellectual cripples to speak in loud tones.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by mrperfect(m): 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
That is good signal to let federal government know that international countries are watching.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dracula27%:

@Kamsky10 Thank you for your reply. Please can i request that you read my post again to understand me properly as i think we are actually on the same page. The first few comments accorded to them were appreciated by me my concern is the continuous commentary being run on Nigeria by the USA.
This is particularly disturbing in view of were both nations are coming from historically, a concern that some of the historical issues still exists coupled with some level of international exposure. A quick look at out recent history and the active voice of their continuous negative commentary should make us think as some other Nairalanders have stated why they did not comment prior to this time when things were really worst and what the real interests at play is.
Also we must realize that such continuous commentary can only be as a result of instructions from Uncle Sam.

I see your point. My concern is that generally, freeedom is not free in nigeria at all. where someone who stole a blackberry gets jailed and the one who looted billions gets pardoned.
So if the press cannot do anything about the craziness going on in the country, they should at least have the freedom to make us aware of it

3 Likes

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
I agree freedom of the press must be entrenched deep into the Nigerian system. But, we must learn also to tell the stories as they are.

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by muskpeas: 3:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Symphony007: obama will kill to get the growth figures nigeria is enjoying. Nigeria is currently growing at 7% will the u.s is strugguling with 2 or 3.

Of course when u are growing ur indices from d scratch u get a seemingly high growth rate as compared to when ur growth has reached a high saturation point..nigeria can as well be said to be growing at 20% annually, but to d average nigerian, its jst a statistic, and doesn't translate to a better standard of living!

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by chiefkeef: 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
solomon111:
Why haven't they talked to saudiarabia,spain,china and co.
The press in those countries are far more restricted than Nigeria's will ever be.

Saudi Arabia = monarchy
China = Communist
Spain = monarchy

You see the difference there are not practicing Democracy. Go and learn before you talk.

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by gnykelly(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
It seems we nigerians are intrested in attacking the messenger than the message. If we FG can't respect freedom of press why should we call ourself a democratic nation. What the USG have is not bad at least the are not invading our country

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by chiefkeef: 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
onoja12: freedom of press my food,why has the american government not give wikileak freedom of press or why haven't they given press tv freedom of press the world is waking up from its sleep

There is a difference between private information and general information. Will you be happy when someone goes around saying your account details And your private credentials. Pls use your brain to think, not your Anus

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by EagleNest(m): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
Only US can have such audacity to talk boldly to GEJ et'al. Already the average Nigerians have been cowed to submission by this terrible GOVT. and some who has eaten from the Kings table will surely defend the king or risk the king's largesse. Let America speak...jooor! This is similar to Abacha/US/Commonwealth scenario and the dark googled General was busy killing anyhow. Did anyone cough? except likes of Gani. Did all the five political parties not choose Abacha except MD Yusuf? Didnt some people say they will die if Abacha doesnt win? Mediocrity to the highest order!

Now GEJ is gradually towing that line of intolerant and extreme corruption and we are tired already of complaining because our voice hardly cross this Nairaland or who amongst us has demonstrated in the street about the terrible state of the Nation. Neither has the senate/representative members raised any significant objection about the state of the Nation except when their constituency money is truncated.

So it is ok for an external strong person to raise the point of correction to GEJ. For me, I dont see anything wrong in telling somebody the truth. They have the choice of keeping quiet but that will not benefit us. The Truth must be told!

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Bolurx(m): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dracula27%:
Abeg oooo if the different stories i read are true then it seems that the USA is beginning to comment on every single issue and aspect of happenings in Nigeria.
While i do not differ with them on this opinion i think they should face their front.
Colonialism is over and they are not to run a commentary on Nigeria.

ARE YOU CONCERNED WITH THE USA'S REACTION ON THE MATTER OR THE FACT THAT INJUSTICE IS MULTIPLYING?

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by onoja12: 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
my ass seems smarter than ur brain.u are not a nigeria,u are a third class american citizen.point of correction if u think press has two roles or double standards.america speaks for it self ask people in the middle east
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Rossikk(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju: FG tells US To respect themselves and mind their business..

Why did you beat me to it? undecided
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Rossikk(m): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
chiefkeef:

Saudi Arabia = monarchy
China = Communist
Spain = monarchy

You see the difference there are not practicing Democracy. Go and learn before you talk.
BULLSHIIT. America that is supposedly practising democracy, how come all their past presidents are blood-related?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183858/All-presidents-bar-directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html

What are the statistical chances of that happening in a real democracy where all 350 million Americans have a shot at the presidency? ZERO. The USA should shut the fck up and mind their business. Nigeria is many ways more democratic than them. At least we know GEJ is not Buhari's third cousin!!!
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Capnd143(m): 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
WWhat is it with US nw? Nigeria go sniz, them go comment, nigeria go cough, them go shout, nigeria go say hi, them go refute! It seems there is definetly something going on between these two nations! Nigeria does nt suppress/oppress the press 1% like Saudi arabia,midle east, egypt, china etc yet Us dont shout wolf! The always tend to over exagerate anything nigeria! With words/phrases like most corrupt,Most poor, poorest,Most babaric, very uncontrolled population, Extremely underdeveloped. Relatively scarce building, very poor infrastructure etc yet there are other countries that are in worst situation bt never get exagerated. GO TO HELL WITH THE US

2 Likes

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Ama28(f): 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
Nigeria has never been just this bad. How can any country grow without freedom of Press? Media is the only way a government can be democratic!

For a country that fights corruption, this aadministration enacts repressive law and use intimidation and censorship to make sure the citizens are not informed and journalism is a joke!

My happiness is that Nigerians are using new media to break these barriers. Mr Jonathan can only try, but Nigerians are awake!

1 Like

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by misreal(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
Kamsy10:

Show me whats wrong in what he's saying. It's a democratic government for God's sake and freedom of press should be allowed.

Nigeria is even better, freedom of press in Benin is worse. African leaders need to learn to do the right things and face front instead of attacking the messengers. The way press is being humiliated in some African countries is just embarrassing and if it takes US to help communicate that to ogas at the top,so be it
u r right my brother bt sincerely de way the us is interested in tins dat happens in nigeria this days surprises me.........i really really smell a dead rat....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Even Tinubu Or Anybody Cannot Stop This Man From Becoming President! / Gov Mbah Announces N25,000 Cash Awards To Enugu State Workers / NSA, Col. Dasuki Visits Damaturu, Potiskum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.