Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” (16596 Views)

Bayelsa Women Spread Wrapper For Dickson To Walk On (Photos) / Bayelsa Women Lay Their Wrappers On The Road For Gov. Dickson To Walk On (Pics) / ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Dracula27: 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
black9jaberry: Dickson i hope that you wont fall out with GEJ.........Remembering Timipreye Sylva and his supportive days (laughing in china)
Please Timipreye Sylva NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER supported Bros Jo oooooo!! on the contrary the news was that he spear headed the opposition to Johnathan's ascension.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by miqos02(m): 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
safarigirl: This coming from the President's houseboy? It's safe to say Seriake is still kissing assss.

Bayelsa with all it's oil is still one of the poorest states in Southern Nigeria.

Instead of him to focus on making Bayelsa one of the top earning states (like Rivers is) he is here fighting another man's war.

Mtchew. Shameless excuse for a leader
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by batstan(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
DICKSON! DICKSON!! DICKSON!!! No let akpako nack you for head oooo! Ehenn
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Goddex: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
This is a very Frank advice from a colleague governor to Amechi to concentrate on governing Rivers state well and live the running of the nation to Jonathan who was elected to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by stebell(m): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
bros856: Dickson should please stop insulting Amechi. Dickson should remember he has never stand or won an election before. GEJ usher him into politics straight to National assembly and to governorship position by arrangement, same way GEJ was arranged by OBJ. Amechi stood election, lost it, went to court fought and won. Dickson is a baby compare to Amechi.
My guy yu lie big tym. Amaechi did not contest any election in Rivers State. It was primaries he won n not de election don't get it twisted. Dickson is rite. The Gov's forum is not a forum for challenging de president concerning his pokicies. Rather they de Govs meet to discuss on hw to move their states forward.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Swaycater(m): 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
Poltice is a game of Life, let watch and see how the game ends
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
Goddex: This is a very Frank advice from a colleague governor to Amechi to concentrate on governing Rivers state well and live the running of the nation to Jonathan who was elected to do so.

and the best way to admonish his so called erring colleague is beforre the press?
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
OdionOdion: This political war is NOT between Amaechi and Jonathan but between Amaechi and WIKE.Wike helped Amaechi to fight Omeha to become governor,now this same wike is the one fighting Amaechi using his Aso Rock contacts.No one should blame GEJ or Dickson but the arrogant and ingrate Amaechi

so tell us, wise one, what is this unknown wike fighting for?

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Dickson is perfectly right, Governors Forum is supposed to be a Peer Review Mechanism where Governors meet to exchange ideas on how to run their States, not where they meet to wrestle national powers and decide what should go into SWF etc. Amaechi needs to drop his thuggish attitude and focus on his primary mandate within and not without Rivers State. If he is against PDP, he should vacate PDP to opposition, where hierarchy is sacrificed on the alter of regionalism and nepotism.

i would have been surprised if you said Dickson was wrong to correct Amaechi before the press instead of meeting him one-on-one

2 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
It is suprising how fine politicians are now being used by their oga at the top that doesn't know politics to attack themselves. Godswill Akpabio is also doing the same thing to Rotimi Amaechi, even to the extent of prefering a northerner to lead the Nigeria Governors' Forum as against Amaechi from the same South-South as himself. A house divided among itself can not stand. By the time members of the PDP with sympathy for Amaechi leave the party, it will fall. This is because of the interest the Oga Patapata At The Top on 2015 which is fueling this won't be supported by Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Novice1(m): 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
his nostrils look like the wings of a 747 on takeoff

2 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by figment232(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
black9jaberry: Dickson i hope that you wont fall out with GEJ.........Remembering Timipreye Sylva and his supportive days (laughing in china)
U pessimist address the issue!
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ola Johnson: It is suprising how fine politicians are now being used by their oga at the top that doesn't know politics to attack themselves. Godswill Akpabio is also doing the same thing to Rotimi Amaechi, even to the extent of prefering a northerner to lead the Nigeria Governors' Forum as against Amaechi from the same South-South as himself. A house divided among itself can not stand. By the time members of the PDP with sympathy for Amaechi leaves the party, it will far. This is because of the interest of the Oga Patapata At The Top on 2015 which is fueling this won't be supported by Nigerians.
Your view point reigns supreme in ethnic politics and nepotism. PDP is not a regional party, far from it, it is a national party, so there is nothing like 'supporting a Northerner against a Southerner" in PDP, that happens beautifully in opposition regional contraptions. Allow PDP to handle their in house matters as should be done, and not turn it into a circus of some sort. Governors forum, as I stated earlier should be a peer review mechanism and not a pedestal for show of power, might and prowess. Amaechi knows where he has faltered and he will have to apologise for that. No one person is bigger than the party when it comes to PDP, I can not say the same about the others.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by eastermaris(f): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dee60: All the opportunistic PDP people are busy fighting Amaechi but the real people remain with him. Carry on, Rotimi Amaechi, man of destiny. Their envy cannot stop you. Your performance is stellar and that is what Nigeria needs.

Rivers is at a state of comatose! What performance are u talking abt? That of his first tenure or his present looting against 2015? Stop been f.oolish abeg

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by figment232(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe: At the end of the day, Amaechi should remain strong. All the GEJ boys will attack him yet he is the sort Nigeria needs i.e resolute characters who are mentally strong, are not intimidated easily and can hold their own. We can all remember Turai, Ruma, Muhthar, Aondoakaa and Ibori carrying on as if Yar Adua's position meant they could do as they pleased to anything and anyone. Where are those characters today? Meanwhile opinionated men like Amaechi will always endure - especially in the era of politics Nigeria is evolutionarily heading towards.

Amaechi fought the vindictive malevolence of OBJ to be Governor whereas this Dickson character was virtually ushered into Bayelsa State house by the Presidency. Dickson can shoot his mouth now because the Presidency is behind him but we will see what the future brings for those who fought for and deserve where they are and those promoted above their Station like Yar Adua, GEJ, OBJ, Dickson et al. Has anyone ever wondered why OBJ cannot even thrive in SW Politics when things became about merit, innate ability, intellectual strategy/mobilisation and political winning nous? Is it not obvious OBJ and his kind are bullies who cannot swim in a river of merit?

We will see where a suck-ups and establishment tool like Dickson will be in a post-GEJ future and where independent-minded Amaechi can reach. where are the Yar Adua boys today? Amazing how Nigerians act as if there is no tomorrow.
Why are u so naive? cant u see Amaechi is drowning,all odds are against him. he will go d way of Timipre

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by figment232(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
safarigirl: This coming from the President's houseboy? It's safe to say Seriake is still kissing assss.

Bayelsa with all it's oil is still one of the poorest states in Southern Nigeria.

Instead of him to focus on making Bayelsa one of the top earning states (like Rivers is) he is here fighting another man's war.

Mtchew. Shameless excuse for a leader
Timipre ur brother mastermind d squalor in bayelsa
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by figment232(m): 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dee60: All the opportunistic PDP people are busy fighting Amaechi but the real people remain with him. Carry on, Rotimi Amaechi, man of destiny. Their envy cannot stop you. Your performance is stellar and that is what Nigeria needs.
On the contrary Amaechi is a huge failure in Rivers state,his selfish ambition to be vp to a northern would drown him

2 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by figment232(m): 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
[quote author=miqos02][/quote]U ARE D BIGGER HOUSEBOY
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by lateef4me(m): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
Rotimi Amaechi should watch out cos Jonathan has a date with destiny !
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Your view point reigns supreme in ethnic politics and nepotism. PDP is not a regional party, far from it, it is a national party, so there is nothing like 'supporting a Northerner against a Southerner" in PDP, that happens beautifully in opposition regional contraptions. Allow PDP to handle their in house matters as should be done, and not turn it into a circus of some sort. Governors forum, as I stated earlier should be a peer review mechanism and not a pedestal for show of power, might and prowess. Amaechi knows where he has faltered and he will have to apologise for that. No one person is bigger than the party when it comes to PDP, I can not say the same about the others.
You talk as if you don't know that it is Nigerians, not just the politicians, that bear the brunt.
Why can't PDP come to state categorically what the offences of Rotimi Amaechi are? Was it not desperation to unseat Amaechi that made the party to form a parallel body, the PDP Governors' Forum?
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Xfactoria: 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Amaechi should go back to school to learn Judo strategy:

First Strategy: Move to uncontested ground (Never go head-to-head with a potentially superior opponent. You'll be crushed if you do. Amaechi should not deceive himself. He cannot be VP in PDP while Jonathan holds sway. Those deceiving him should know this is not Rivers State, this is Nigeria)

Second Strategy: Be Flexible (Make changes quickly and give way when attacked by superior force. Don't escalate unwinnable wars. Match tactical adjustment with long term strategic plans)

Third Strategy: Exploit leverage (Use weight and strength of your opponent against him. Cooperate with others who are threatened by your opponents success. Don't forget, your own success can also be used against you)

Bottom Line: If Amaechi wants to fight GEJ, he has to leave PDP. He can't do it successfully in PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 25, 2013
[quote author=miqos02][/quote]
It is surprising that Dickson could be a yes-man to a man he is politically far better than.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You talk as if you don't know that it is Nigerians, not just the politicians, that bear the brunt.
Why can't PDP come to state categorically what the offences of Rotimi Amaechi are? Was it not desperation to unseat Amaechi that made the party to form a parallel body, the PDP Governors' Forum?
It is an intra-party affair, I know what his offences are, as a PDP stakeholder, that is not meant for anyone outside the PDP. Do not meddle in our private affair. PDP governors Forum is not parallel to Governors Forum, just like ACN governors forum is not parallel to the Governors Forum.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
Billyonaire: It is an intra-party affair, I know what his offences are, as a PDP stakeholder, that is not meant for anyone outside the PDP. Do not meddle in our private affair. PDP governors Forum is not parallel to Governors Forum, just like ACN governors forum is not parallel to the Governors Forum.
Who are "our"? Don't think you are some kind Doyin Okupe. For your information, there is no ACN Governors' Forum.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Abagworo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dickson = Dick's son = Son of a Dick.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Demdem2: 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Is this jot the rumour governor. Very useless a thing.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by slimghost(m): 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
Well said Dickson. NGF is just a peer group and Amaechi should stop using it to launch his presidential ambition.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by talktimi(m): 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe: At the end of the day, Amaechi should remain strong. All the GEJ boys will attack him yet he is the sort Nigeria needs i.e resolute characters who are mentally strong, are not intimidated easily and can hold their own. We can all remember Turai, Ruma, Muhthar, Aondoakaa and Ibori carrying on as if Yar Adua's position meant they could do as they pleased to anything and anyone. Where are those characters today? Meanwhile opinionated men like Amaechi will always endure - especially in the era of politics Nigeria is evolutionarily heading towards.

Amaechi fought the vindictive malevolence of OBJ to be Governor whereas this Dickson character was virtually ushered into Bayelsa State house by the Presidency. Dickson can shoot his mouth now because the Presidency is behind him but we will see what the future brings for those who fought for and deserve where they are and those promoted above their Station like Yar Adua, GEJ, OBJ, Dickson et al. Has anyone ever wondered why OBJ cannot even thrive in SW Politics when things became about merit, innate ability, intellectual strategy/mobilisation and political winning nous? Is it not obvious OBJ and his kind are bullies who cannot swim in a river of merit?

We will see where a suck-ups and establishment tool like Dickson will be in a post-GEJ future and where independent-minded Amaechi can reach. where are the Yar Adua boys today? Amazing how Nigerians act as if there is no tomorrow.
if you really know who Amaechi is, you will be careful with your praise for him. He is a loose canon that can go off anytime he chooses, the fact that he has some problems within the PDP doesn't mean he won't cause any problems within any other party he goes to if he so chooses. I am telling you from close contacts and interractions. Amaechi fought to get into Rivers govt house but with the able support of Nyesom Wike who was his back bone and who is his achilles heel. His stron will might end up being his downfall o because he's fond of throwing stones while in his glass house.
PS ; that doesn't take away the good works he has done in Rivers state especially in the healthcare sector and education (although people say his contract mostly favor his Ikwerre ethnic group)
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by talktimi(m): 12:08am On Apr 26, 2013
Ola Johnson:
It is surprising that Dickson could be a yes-man to a man he is politically far better than.
Dickson better than GEJ ? Don't make me laugh abeg. Maybe charismatic and that I will agree but when I heard he was contesting as Bayelsa states governor, the first question I asked is where's the 6 billion naira he stole while serving as commisioner. Remember Yenagoa is a very small city and thus when someone farts at Ovom secretariat/govt house, everybody will know in the city and that is why this dude had to set up a rumor mongering committee to block information loopholes. Mind you, ex gov Sylva had a commisioner for rumour mongering issues during his tenure (I'll get back to you with the proper portfolio)
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by chyz(m): 3:47am On Apr 26, 2013
Geez, I wish Dickson would give Jonathan's nuts some breathing room for once.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 5:09am On Apr 26, 2013
talktimi: Dickson better than GEJ ? Don't make me laugh abeg. Maybe charismatic and that I will agree but when I heard he was contesting as Bayelsa states governor, the first question I asked is where's the 6 billion naira he stole while serving as commisioner. Remember Yenagoa is a very small city and thus when someone farts at Ovom secretariat/govt house, everybody will know in the city and that is why this dude had to set up a rumor mongering committee to block information loopholes. Mind you, ex gov Sylva had a commisioner for rumour mongering issues during his tenure (I'll get back to you with the proper portfolio)
I never mentioned GEJ. I only said the Oga At The Top of Dickson whom I know Dickson is politically far better than. Haven't you listen to the way the Oga At The Top speaks - no coherence. The same person that said Boko Haram was in his government later said they were ghots but he now planning to give these "ghosts" amnesty. As a politician, you must be careful of your utterances.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Tigerhead: 5:19am On Apr 26, 2013
talktimi: if you really know who Amaechi is, you will be careful with your praise for him. He is a loose canon that can go off anytime he chooses, the fact that he has some problems within the PDP doesn't mean he won't cause any problems within any other party he goes to if he so chooses. I am telling you from close contacts and interractions. Amaechi fought to get into Rivers govt house but with the able support of Nyesom Wike who was his back bone and who is his achilles heel. His stron will might end up being his downfall o because he's fond of throwing stones while in his glass house.
PS ; that doesn't take away the good works he has done in Rivers state especially in the healthcare sector and education (although people say his contract mostly favor his Ikwerre ethnic group)

This is one of the few sensible posts here. Gbawe is as usual dreaming of an Amaechi decampment. Those who know him know that he can never really be a "boy" and Tinumbu and co know it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Supreme court dismisses Lokpobiri’s appeal, affirms Lyon’s victory / ING Plot: Conclude Presidential Petitions Before May 29, Agbakoba Tells Tribunal / Buhari Removes Mamora, Bugaje And Tallen From New Ambassadorial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.