Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah (13400 Views)

Security Operatives To Arrest Felix Obuah, PDP Boss / Jonathan, Madueke, CSO Obuah In Trouble Over $6.9million ‘mobile Stage’ Scandal / Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by bcomputer101: 1:55am On Nov 04, 2013
AS the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress prepares to visit Rivers State on Monday (today), the Peoples Democratic Party has warned that the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, should be held responsible for any breakdown of law and order in the state.

The Rivers State Chairman of the PDP, Mr. Felix Obuah, issued this warning on Sunday at the inauguration of the Grassroots Development Intiative in Eleme Local Government Area of the state.

Obuah accused Amaechi, of using state funds to organise a reception for the national leadership of the APC.

The state party chairman also alleged that Amaechi had doled out N500m belonging to the state to neighbouring states to mobilise people from such states to the airport to receive national leaders of the opposition parties.

He suggested that such action by the state governor could cause a breakdown of law and order in the state.

According to the state PDP chairman, “I want to say this as a sign of warning that any breakdown of law and order in this state, Governor Rotimi Amaechi should be held responsible.

“Only yesterday, he gave out N500m of our state money to neighbouring states to mobilise people to the airport to receive the leadership of APC.

“Is that what our money is meant for? When there is a breakdown of law and order, they will say it is Mbu.”

Also, the Supervising Minister of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, recalled that though Amaechi had said that nothing would make him (Amaechi) leave the PDP, the governor’s planned reception of APC leaders was contrary to such claim.

Wike explained that the mobilisation of people from neighboring states to support the APC would not prevent Rivers people from supporting President Goodluck Jonathan for a re-election in 2015.

He said, “What you must know is that before now, your governor has lied to you that nobody will make him to leave PDP.

“But today, the same governor has told the people to go to the airport tomorrow to receive the APC leadership; Tinubu, Buhari and co. Does that not show people who are inconsistent? Does that not show that you do not have a governor who is consistent?”

Reacting, the Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, Chief Tony Okocha, described Obuah’s allegation as false and a sign of fear in the PDP.

Okocha also predicted a large turnout of Amaechi supporters at the airport and the Government House, describing the expected crowd as a storm that would show the PDP that “Amaechi remains the only politician on the ground in the state.”

He challenged Obuah and his cohorts to show proof of the disbursement of N500m to Edo and other neighbouring states by Amaechi for the APC leaders’ visit to Rivers.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/blame-amaechi-if-apc-leaders-visit-turns-violent/
Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Garrithe1st: 2:16am On Nov 04, 2013
Felix Obuah and his gang will cause Chaos....with Federal backing..

18 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by FreeGlobe(f): 2:23am On Nov 04, 2013
I hope Rivers people will come out enmasse and stone Tinubu while on the trip

6 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by bcomputer101: 2:33am On Nov 04, 2013
Jonathan, Wike and his cohort should shut-up!

What are there plans?

Hire thugs as usual to disrupt the progressive visit abi?

9 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Omen100(m): 4:29am On Nov 04, 2013
President Jonathan should advise his men to stand down & abort any plan they have in mind because whatever they do today will be a bad omen for his administration because these are members of the opposition party & Nigerian, which nothing stops they from visiting any part of Nigeria as Nigerians.

10 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Wsdm: 4:45am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe: I hope Rivers people will come out enmasse and stone Tinubu while on the trip
But thesame people had visited Borno the so called hot bed of the boko haram and the 'almajiris' did not throw a stone; they visited Kano, Adamawa, Jigawa ALL PDP STATES without any coarse. If anything happens today, it shows the level of political understanding/tolerance between people of various geographical backgrounds.
Go and stone Buhari of the North, Tinubu of the west, Okorocha of the east and Oshomele of the south south and tell us what is left for Jonathan come 2015.
Lest i forget; look at a so called minister of education who does not know that by mentioning 'Jonathan's reelection in 2015' now is against the 'very weak' Nigerias laws.

46 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Desric(m): 5:02am On Nov 04, 2013
Does Rivers state now belong to the PDP? When has it suddenly become a crime for Political Leaders of the opposition Parties to visit states in Nigeria? What constitutional rights does a Political party or its leadership have to determine people who should or shouldn't visit a state or even dictate for a state Governor who to receive and who not to? Governor Amaechi doled out N500m to mobilise for reception of APC leaders, even if this story is true, is it bigger than what they've being using in the PDP to organise a common birthday, how much more burial not to even talk of reception, ok now it has suddenly become a crime huh? But when its in your pockets and when it is the PDP, its normal. How much did Wike dole out to organise GEJ's Mother in-laws burial? Anyways, I am not encouraging corruption neither am I saying that two wrongs are equal to a right, rather all I am is that some people should be made to face realities when they tend to trample on other people's right just because it's not in their favour.
These men are touts on rampage, and anybody who knows Rivers state very well knows the characters of both Wike and Obuah and if truth be told, Amaechi is a saint in whatever way compared to this duo as they don't even have comparism with Amaechi in any form.

27 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Mynd44: 5:41am On Nov 04, 2013
If it turns violent, blame the commissioner of police and the security agencies who are supposed to keep the peace of the state.

When will we stop being silly and petty in this country sef?

12 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by gurnam: 5:58am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe: I hope Rivers people will come out enmasse and stone Tinubu while on the trip

You are very quick in typing your usual thoughtless comments....but very slow in thinking.

How would Jonathan and his own people be able to visit other opposition states ( growing daily) and get a great welcome if Buhari....Tinubu and other leaders are violently treated in PH....would that advance the interest of the President in anyway?

The two Ministers causing the greatest headache to GEJ and a threat to his ambition for 2015 are Wike and Oduah.

Use your brain....you don't pay anyone for using it.

22 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:10am On Nov 04, 2013
He gave out N500mills to receive them at the air port?
undecided

Well, that kind of a story will only stick in the part of the country where they can be easily induced with violence, the part where they are half educated to apply simple logic...

It can only happen in the east...

The part where people throw stone for a dollar grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by gbadexy(m): 6:21am On Nov 04, 2013
I suppose that statement is a threat and blackmail.
I expect nothing less from pdp in portharcourt, they've done it before and they would do it again.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by FreeGlobe(f): 6:22am On Nov 04, 2013
gurnam:

You are very quick in typing your usual thoughtless comments....but very slow in thinking.

How would Jonathan and his own people be able to visit other opposition states ( growing daily) and get a great welcome if Buhari....Tinubu and other leaders are violently treated in PH....would that advance the interest of the President in anyway?

The two Ministers causing the greatest headache to GEJ and a threat to his ambition for 2015 are Wike and Oduah.

Use your brain....you don't pay anyone for using it.
I wouldn't have responded your gibberish if only you didn't mention oduah, it seems you have failed to realize your propaganda against oduah has failed flat out, keep living in denial. Tinubu is a thief and it would not be unusual if Rivers people come out enmasse to stone a thief.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Mynd44: 6:29am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I wouldn't have responded your gibberish if only you didn't mention oduah, it seems you have failed to realize your propaganda against oduah has failed flat out, keep living in denial. Tinubu is a thief and it would not be unusual if Rivers people come out enmasse to stone a thief.
While their Local government and state officials keep picketing billions meant for developing the place.

Talk about misplaced priorities

3 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by omenka(m): 6:33am On Nov 04, 2013

I hope Amadioha strikes those fingers you used to type that rubish.

@ post: should anything go wrong, the police commissioner would be help responsible. It is his responsibility to ensure the safety of residents and visitors of Rivers state. Their statement is just a cheap blackmail to prevent an event whose time has come and to prompt their hired thugs to "do the needful".

12 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by obioma2000: 6:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Any attack on General Buhari and friends today Mr Jonathan will get more than a thousand of attacks in the north if Mr felix obuah is high on something he should endeavour to seek for medical help rather than cry foul for mere political association. By the way who told them that 7million votes from south south can make Mr Jonathan president come 2015, you guys should better wake up from your daydreaming most especially the junior minister of education Wike!!!

7 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by LajaLaba: 6:48am On Nov 04, 2013
A lady without a virtue...It is indeed a shame embarassed

13 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by FreeGlobe(f): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2013
Laja Laba: A lady without a virtue...It is indeed a shame embarassed
so tell Tinubu to stay put in the south west, he is not welcomed in Ph. This goes to show how much yorubas celebrate corruption by supporting Tinubu

6 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by pmc01(m): 7:28am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
so tell Tinubu to stay put in the south west, he is not welcomed in Ph. This goes to show how much yorubas celebrate corruption by supporting Tinubu

You sound like you are high on weed, sincerely. My apologies if you are not.

Tinubu is a thief, even without any clear cut evidence; but Oduah is a saint, even with overwhelming evidence?

#you are a learner!

16 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Demdem(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2013
Obviously, Obuah and Wike are planning to disrupt the gathering.
If there is any break in law and order, Mbu, Obuah and wike should be held responsible.
APC is welkom.

7 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by FreeGlobe(f): 7:48am On Nov 04, 2013
pmc01:

You sound like you are high on weed, sincerely. My apologies if you are not.

Tinubu is a thief, even without any clear cut evidence; but Oduah is a saint, even with overwhelming evidence?

#you are a learner!
Tinubu no clear cut evidence? you are a fool, this shows the extent you people will go to support a pillar of corruption in the south west meanwhile I want you to state here the overwhelming evidence of Stella oduah since its only exclusive to you and your people

5 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by dridowu: 8:33am On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44: If it turns violent, blame the commissioner of police and the security agencies who are supposed to keep the peace of the state.
10000000+likes for this little power message
FreeGlobe:
has any law court find Tinubu guilty of any corruption case ?

3 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by bcomputer101: 8:35am On Nov 04, 2013

You see your life?

You see how people dey attack you?

Next time, don't think with your ANUS!

PDP is falling down gradually but you(40lapdogs) refuse to accept the fact...

11 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by pmc01(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Tinubu no clear cut evidence? you are a fool, this shows the extent you people will go to support a pillar of corruption in the south west meanwhile I want you to state here the overwhelming evidence of Stella oduah since its only exclusive to you and your people

Either you are trying to make us believe the EFCC is incompetent, since they couldn't bring Tinubu to book or you simply hate the man/Yorubas.

Let us wait for the NASS' resolution on your Oduah before we debate her matter.

4 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by FreeGlobe(f): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2013
pmc01:

Either you are trying to make us the EFCC is incompetent, since they couldn't bring Tinubu to book or you simply hate the man/Yorubas.

Let us wait for the NASS' resolution on your Oduah before we debate her matter.
"Let us wait for NASS resolution on Oduah" you say after you have already indicted with your "overwhelming evidence" rhetoric yourself, you now see how foolish you are, and when did saying the truth about Tinubu imply hating yorubas if not for the penchant to celebrate corrupt individuals like tinubu in the south west, asking me to proove tinubu is like asking me to prove I'm not blind

4 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by njuwo(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
U dey hear dey cal am Tinubu na u go stil go shake ur yansh gv am wen him cum

5 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Abagworo(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2013
FreeGlobe:
"Let us wait for NASS resolution on Oduah" you say after you have already indicted with your "overwhelming evidence" rhetoric yourself, you now see how foolish you are, and when did saying the truth about Tinubu imply hating yorubas if not for the penchant to celebrate corrupt individuals like tinubu in the south west, asking me to proove tinubu is like asking me to prove I'm not blind

Sometimes what people like you write make me ashamed of being Igbo. You write without basic logic and all your heart soaked in tribalism. God help your soul. Even Ijaws or Bayelsans who are direct relatives of Jonathan are not this tribalistic. Obuah knows very well how Buhari is loved in the North and will do well to save his interests in Abuja, Kano etc as well as the life of his associates.

15 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by deor03(m): 9:10am On Nov 04, 2013
I don't like it when people argue and use abusive words. It takes the substance from the argument.

You can win a debate without being rude

2 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by albiol: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2013
Freeglobe or whatever u call urself bury ur head in shame and stop replying people in here these are intellectuals u are arguing with here no common street thugs who throw stones at whatever they see that pisses them off

2 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by spenca: 9:26am On Nov 04, 2013
Hahahaha you go fear propaganda, a thief would ask you to look elsewhere for your lost possession while it is in his/her pocket

1 Like

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by ziccoit: 9:28am On Nov 04, 2013
If I was Mr GEJ, I would just stuck Wike and Oduah guys' mouths with some cow dugs. These people are highly respected citizens of this country and the leaders of the people. An attack on them is an attack on the country. Mr GEJ did not win an election because he contested under umbrella. He won because majority were deceived about his sensibility. All has shown that Mr GEJ doesn't have it upstairs. He shouldn't tell me he doesn't know what is going on in River state. So, I blame Mr GEJ for not caging his rabid dogs; if anything happens to APC leaders.

10 Likes

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by Bobosky123(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2013
If there be any breakdown of law and order, it then must be the Obuah's!

1 Like

Re: ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah by gregg2: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2013
Why is Ameachi importing thugs from neighboring states when Rivers state has a population of over 5million?
Simple answer is the guy is losing popularity at home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ministers In London For Investment Drive / The Youngest Doctor In The Uk Is A Nigerian! / Jibrin Sues Ikenga Ugochinyere And Ifeanyi Okonkwo For Character Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.