Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,079 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

A True Demonstration Of Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A True Demonstration Of Faith (474 Views)

Testimony: A Raw Demonstration Of God's Faithfulness And Favour. / Demonstration Of Power / Now Is The Time For The Demonstration Of God's Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A True Demonstration Of Faith by sidespin: 2:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
A TRUE DEMONSTATION OF FAITH

In 1952, we were planning to hold a tent meeting in Clovis, New Mexico. When I told my mother about our proposed trip, she told me to drive carefully because "there are so many wrecks all the time."
She admitted that when I traveled, she stayed awake all night, praying, afraid a call would come saying I had been in a wreck. I told her that if she had been praying in faith, she could have gone to sleep. (I had to tell my own mother the truth just the same as anyone else.) She said, "Son, I know you have faith. I never had much myself." (She was a member of a Full Gospel church, too, and she was talking herself right out of God's blessings.) She said she knew I probably prayed every minute I was on the road. I told her, "I never do. I never even pray that God will be with me." "What makes you talk that way? What's gotten into you?" she said.
"Nothing but the Word," I told her. I reminded her that Jesus had already promised us, "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee" (Heb. 13:5). I told her I always start out by saying, "Heavenly Father, I'm so thankful for your Word. I am so glad that Jesus is with me." The 34th Psalm says, "The angel of the Lord en-campeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them." I told my mother that angels, as well as God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, are with me. I go singing and rejoicing. (Kenneth E Hagin)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Justice, No Peace / U R FAR From Me / Life Vs Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.