Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

What Makes A True Man Of God.? What Makes Tb Joshua , Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes A True Man Of God.? What Makes Tb Joshua , Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc (885 Views)

Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Makes A True Man Of God.? What Makes Tb Joshua , Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc by funmi4(f): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
In a world where only pastors in Nigeria are leading in amassing wealth and living it real big, what do you look out for to know the pastor is God sent?

Note: it's a discussions board here for us to learn not to judge.ROMANS 2 : 1-2......so do you think you can judge other people? You are wrong.you are too guilty of sin.............

Matthew 7 :1 : Judge not other people and God will not judge you.........

Acts 17:19 : God has decided a day when He will judge all the people in the world .......

Me for one,having been redeemed from the curses of the law by the death of Christ Jesus, I am not carried away to think a man is not of God because he is rich and has a private jet but rather worried when the 9 indicators are lacking .love,joy,peace, patience ,gentleness , kindness,goodness,faithfulness ,self control ( Galatians 5:22)

Why shouldnt a man of God be rich when his father in heaven is rich? Why shouldnt a pastor ride beautiful cars when the word of God instructs we share all our good things with our pastor ( Galatians 6:6)

Why shouldnt my pastor talk about tithe if he doesn't leave the other weightier matters ( mercy, fairness and faithful) like the pharisees that are hypocrites, yet teachers of the law (Matthew 23:23)

What commandment is most important ? Matthew 22: 34-40................love your God with all your heart .........love other people as you love yourself........
Is there love in my pastor? How can there be love in my church when there is no love in my pastor?

I can go on and on but sincerely i am fed up with Christianity practiced generally in Nigeria because LOVE is missing .especially in the church where it is replaced with competition

What does your pastor place emphasis on? Love? Kindness? Mercy? Tithing ? Forgiveness ? Sacrificial giving to the church when a poverty stricken person is sitting next to you in church ? Or convenant giving to school when my children may never be able to afford?............really by their fruits you shall no them.

I hate to watch Nigeria Churches on television so i watch daystar and tbn stations because that's where i am truly fed with the food my spirit needs.yes i want to be rich and prosper,i need miracles but i need those things that will make me worthy of heaven after my riches on earth........oh i love Joyce Meyer, Joseph Prince among others. I see the need to love, forgive and show kindness whenever I listen to those people.

I love what foreign ministries are doing with the ministry money.i am moved to partner with them because they go in search of the sick,the hungry,the deserted, the hopeless etc...why will i feel reluctant to give when i know the ministry i am giving to is fair and will show compassion to people in need.why won't i give when i know my giving is putting a smile on someone's face and not just making someone richer?

What will God judge us with? Matthew 25:31-46sad read through please) will He complain you were too rich as a Christain or how much kindness, love and mercy I dnt show ...45: : ........i tell you the truth.Anything you refused to do for any of my people here, you refused to for me.....
Re: What Makes A True Man Of God.? What Makes Tb Joshua , Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc by ogeelove(f): 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
I am not a bible expert but from what I know, apostle Paul wrote on judgement in 1 Corinthians 5.

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,[a][b] so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

You quoted romans 2:1-2, but did you note the part where it said 'because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.' I would think if like Paul you live in the truth and judge your brethen based on the truth then one cannot be condemned. The pot shouldn't call the kettle black. Just saying.

About riches, Jesus said in matt 19:24 that it is easier for the camel to go thru a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of GOD. Right after matt 19:16-22. Even Paul touched on it in 1 timothy 6.

You say you hate to watch Nigerian churches on tv. Well, I detest false humility.

Greater Satisfaction is found in the investment of one's personal time and resources into the care of those who need it. Shalom.
Re: What Makes A True Man Of God.? What Makes Tb Joshua , Adeboye, Oyedepo Etc by ninja4life(m): 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
Most of those fruit of d spirit u listed can be found in some un-believers so does dat give dem chance to make heaven and also there are many philantropists dat are not christian but have touched d lives of many even including christians so does dat makes dem fit for ur heaven,if so why do u hav to condemn non-believers to hell and if not then most of wat u wrote cant get u to ur imaginary heaven.

(1) (Reply)

Logicboy Consoles A Saddened Christian Brother..... / Do Pastors Enjoy Sex!!! / The Dark Sides Of Thing-driven Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.