Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings (27542 Views)

Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 / Moses Wrote The Book Of Deuteronomy. But Did He Also Write Chapter 34? / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Image123(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2013
Goshen360: English Standard Version (©2001)
Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God.

Romans 3:19

If you're a teacher of the of Moses, teach it to the Jews because this scripture tells us who\those the law of Moses was given and applies to.
Fortunately for us, the verse you quoted connote and even denote that it refers to EVERY MAN, THE WHOLE WORLD, THE ENTIRE WORLD. But some wuruwuru from you picks just the jews. How?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by DrummaBoy(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2013
@Bidam
The promises WERE conditional in the OT but not in the NT
But that as it may we have a new ball game in the NT
1. We have a father who disciplines his children, whether they fail or are good, to attain greater holiness. EG, Jesus, who was perfect, learnt obedience by the things he suffered
2. There is spiritual discipline for sins committed by Christians, for maturity sake and for deference.
3. The whole process of bringing sons to maturity is the work of God's grace called sanctification. So whether it is discipline or blessing, the Christian is blessed.
4. That is why Goshen position that we are blessed is correct: bc Good or bad, God is working all things out for our good: WE ARE A BLESSED PEOPLE!!!
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 06, 2013
DrummaBoy: @Bidam
The promises WERE conditional in the OT but not in the NT
But that as it may we have a new ball game in the NT
1. We have a father who disciplines his children, whether they fail or are good, to attain greater holiness. EG, Jesus, who was perfect, learnt obedience by the things he suffered
2. There is spiritual discipline for sins committed by Christians, for maturity sake and for deference.
3. The whole process of bringing sons to maturity is the work of God's grace called sanctification. So whether it is discipline or blessing, the Christian is blessed.
4. That is why Goshen position that we are blessed is correct: bc Good or bad, God is working all things out for our good: WE ARE A BLESSED PEOPLE!!!
I agree that we are blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenlies. But faith is our response to God and NOT God response to us.Just like you said about "maturity". The christian journey is based on revelations and experience and not only revelations. It is rather pathetic that in our generation "we speak more than we lived the LIFE". An experience is God showing you His promises in His Word and then giving you the principles/revelations on how to obtain these great and precious promises, bringing a problem or test to see whether you are able to apply the principles He Has taught you to solve the problem before you can be able to lay claim of your possessions after you have passed the test or solved the problem.In that sense i believe God promises are conditional.
If you read through out the scriptures anywhere you see God's promises you will see "IF" a conditional statement attached to it. even salvation has an "If" attached to it cos if you don't believe and respond how will you be saved?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by phabouluz(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2013
Ihedinobi: I have been unable until now to address the issue of the relationship between the Old Covenant and the Christian. I still hope that I will at some point, but for now...

Deuteronomy 28 speaks exclusively to believers. The whole Bible speaks exvlusively to believers. To the world, the Bible is a mystery, a dark saying and an inscrutable parable, but to the Christian it is an unfolding secret.

We are saved because we have accepted Jesus's obedience as sufficient for God's demand of us. Because we naturally are unable to keep God's Law, we have to look outside ourselves for the adequate response to the Lord's demands of us. This is where Christ comes in. He offers His righteousness to us in order that we may offer it to God for the obedience that Deuteronomy 28 speaks of.

Thus faith in the Lord Jesus means an adoption of His merits with which to lay rightful claim to the blessings of Deuteronomy 28. And such faith is expressed by the works and behaviors and attitudes and pattern of living that is exclusively Christ.

Thus, evidence that such faith is lacking in some area of our lives is when we are found walking in the disobedience that Deuteronomy 28 speaks of. And in such an area, the curses of Deuteronomy 28 are brought to bear upon us.

What God does for us by birthing us again is that He places a deposit of Christ - the Holy Spirit of Christ - within us. This deposit is that which is the new man. It is that deposit that is entitled to all the blessings and none of the curses because it is utterly holy and without any spot or wrinkle.

God's desire is that this deposit grow up in us and steadily take over our entire being continually eliminating all of that which is our natural self, that self which is unrighteous and thus under and condemned by the law and entitled only to the curse of the law.

As that which is Christ grows in us, so does our ability to take advantage of all the blessing of Deuteronomy 28. Only in such areas of our life where Christ is unrivalled do we experience fully and without hindrance the blessings of Deuteronomy 28. In those areas where the ground is not completely under Christ, we will experience the contradiction/paradox of blessing and cursing.

In saying this, I am insistent on holding Scriptures unbroken and speaking truth that is evident in day-to-day living.

Indeed, believers are no longer beneath the law, the law is now within them. That being the case, all the words of the law are simply descriptions of them. However, it is good to remember that we must grow up into Him in all things for in the places that we do not by the Day of Reckoning, ground will be lost eternally.

Grace be with all God's people.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by phabouluz(m): 1:28pm On May 06, 2013
Tnx for the insight, unfortunately we twist God's word to suit our purpose whereas we His word is settled, Christ did not come to destroy the law (old testament) but He came to fulfill it.

Let's not mislead others.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by DrummaBoy(m): 1:37pm On May 06, 2013
Bidam: I agree that we are blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenlies. But faith is our response to God and NOT God response to us.Just like you said about "maturity". The christian journey is based on revelations and experience and not only revelations. It is rather pathetic that in our generation "we speak more than we lived the LIFE". An experience is God showing you His promises in His Word and then giving you the principles/revelations on how to obtain these great and precious promises, bringing a problem or test to see whether you are able to apply the principles He Has taught you to solve the problem before you can be able to lay claim of your possessions after you have passed the test or solved the problem.In that sense i believe God promises are conditional.
If you read through out the scriptures anywhere you see God's promises you will see "IF" a conditional statement attached to it. even salvation has an "If" attached to it cos if you don't believe and respond how will you be saved?

I refuse to agree with the bolded. The just shall live by faith, not by experiences. Faith commeth by hearing the word of God: we know whath that really means is gaining understanding into the word of God and that understanding is revelation.
So regardless of experiences, God calls us to gain understanding into his word. This is what builds faith, with which we can surmount any experience: good or bad.

Now the major challenge with folks like you Bidam here is not understanding where grace and law belongs in God's word: rather it is a security in your works. You have not really gotten to that point in your Christian life where you understand that it is not so much of what you do that earns God's favor but what He has done: Jesus Cross. What you do only follows that. But then when you understand the cross and what it has done for you, what you do becomes a no issue. You don't put value on your works. The proof of that is that you would be able to let other Christians be what God wants them to be. You don't become a spiritual police, determining who should be blessed, how they should be blessed "IF" they need to be blessed and all of that.

You are too busy gazing on the grace of God made abundant to a sinner like yourself that you are bothered what others do or fail to do.

So, yes, the OT had "IFs" to enjoy God's blessing but for the NT, the "IF" ends with a person coming to faith in Christ. That minute on, there is no more "IF", no more condition to be blessed. Rather HE IS BLESSED!. And he has resumed a most glorifying work with God, that would take him through his sanctification process - which is his works - and culminate in his glorification.

In Christendom, the most holy people sometimes experience the most excruciating experiences. While the most carnal people sometimes enjoy the best of this life. We are blessed because of our position in Christ, not because of what we do or do not do.

Let me end the discuss with a story of Luther and his assistant Phillip Melachton. Luther once told Phillip "Sin lustfully, so grace may abound to you". He was not encouraging Phiillip to sin but he realized that Phillip was really not enjoying the grace of God because he had so much security in his works. He felt that if Phillip was to fall into a great sin, like fornication, when he is restored to God, he would appreciate what it means to be forgiven. He would see more of what God has done for him and not what he can do for God (eg, holiness). I have a feeling that folks like you Bidam need to sin lustfully so that grace may abound to you.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by brilapluz(m): 1:46pm On May 06, 2013
Image123:
kindly explain this 'not applicable but relevant for reference' thought line, its bamboozling to me.
BTW, the op clearly states that Deuteronomy 28 is NOT for christians. i think that's clear enough.

Fine..let me it more clearer to U..IT IS NOT REQUIRED BY TODAY CHRISTIANS TO BE JUSTIFIED BEFORE THE STANDARD OF GOD..d only reason we,christians, stand justified b4 God is d LAW OF CHRIST WHICH IS LOVE..but like paul told d galatians,in galatians 3:10,so its Up 2 U 2 decide which LAW u wud want 2 OBSERVE..d law of moses or d law of christ..its ur choice,ur life..
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by brilapluz(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2013
phabouluz: Tnx for the insight, unfortunately we twist God's word to suit our purpose whereas we His word is settled, Christ did not come to destroy the law (old testament) but He came to fulfill it.
Let's not mislead others.
did U undastand wat he meant by FULFILLING THE LAW?..it means 2 make COMPLETE wat was neva complete..if U want 2 know how christ fulfild or completed d law in d scriptures,study romans 13:8-10,galatians 3:11-14,hebrews 10:5-10 and hebrews 7:11-28..if U want more verses, just let me know..God bless U.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 06, 2013
DrummaBoy: I refuse to agree with the bolded. The just shall live by faith, not by experiences. Faith commeth by hearing the word of God: we know whath that really means is gaining understanding into the word of God and that understanding is revelation.
So regardless of experiences, God calls us to gain understanding into his word. This is what builds faith, with which we can surmount any experience: good or bad.
This where the challenges of Christians like you lies. What do you understand by faith without works is dead? Abraham was justified by faith before God because God sees his faith but he was justified by works before men because men cannot see faith.

DrummaBoy: Now the major challenge with folks like you Bidam here is not understanding where grace and law belongs in God's word: rather it is a security in your works. You have not really gotten to that point in your Christian life where you understand that it is not so much of what you do that earns God's favor but what He has done: Jesus Cross. What you do only follows that. But then when you understand the cross and what it has done for you, what you do becomes a no issue. You don't put value on your works. The proof of that is that you would be able to let other Christians be what God wants them to be. You don't become a spiritual police, determining who should be blessed, how they should be blessed "IF" they need to be blessed and all of that.
i am not putting any value on "works". God is already at work in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure. You yourself quoted that "faith cometh by hearing". so is hearing God's word and meditating on it to conform to the image of Christ not a WORK?

DrummaBoy: You are too busy gazing on the grace of God made abundant to a sinner like yourself that you are bothered what others do or fail to do.
Am not. You fail to see what i am trying to say because you are justified in your own eyes. We are not of them that draw back unto perdition but we are of them that persevere unto the saving of our souls.

DrummaBoy: So, yes, the OT had "IFs" to enjoy God's blessing but for the NT, the "IF" ends with a person coming to faith in Christ. That minute on, there is no more "IF", no more condition to be blessed. Rather HE IS BLESSED!. And he has resumed a most glorifying work with God, that would take him through his sanctification process - which is his works - and culminate in his glorification.
We have manifold temptations, trials of our faith, but they only refine us as gold tried in the fire, and will be to the praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.The Bible plainly teaches both perseverance and preservation.It is all about choices, that is why i said it is conditional. There is the everyday walk which sometimes is uphill and sometimes downhill. There are many tests along the way, and the man who discontinues his hope is one of whom John refers, who said, They went out from us but they were NOT OF US; for if they had been OF US, they would have CONTINUED with us; but they went OUT FROM US that they might be made manifest that they were NOT ALL OF US (1 John 2:19). The writer of the book of Hebrews also tells us, But if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them what BELIEVE TO THE SAVING OF THE SOUL ( Heb 10:38-39)

There is the everyday walk which sometimes is uphill and sometimes downhill. There are many tests along the way, and the man who discontinues his hope is one of whom John refers, who said, They went out from us but they were NOT OF US; for if they had been OF US, they would have CONTINUED with us; but they went OUT FROM US that they might be made manifest that they were NOT ALL OF US (1 John 2:19). The writer of the book of Hebrews also tells us, But if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them what BELIEVE TO THE SAVING OF THE SOUL (10:38-39) There is the everyday walk which sometimes is uphill and sometimes downhill. There are many tests along the way, and the man who discontinues his hope is one of whom John refers, who said, They went out from us but they were NOT OF US; for if they had been OF US, they would have CONTINUED with us; but they went OUT FROM US that they might be made manifest that they were NOT ALL OF US (1 John 2:19). The writer of the book of Hebrews also tells us, But if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them what BELIEVE TO THE SAVING OF THE SOUL (10:38-39)

In Christendom, the most holy people sometimes experience the most excruciating experiences. While the most carnal people sometimes enjoy the best of this life. We are blessed because of our position in Christ, not because of what we do or do not do.
Agreed but that has still not explained in the same Christendom why others are blessed more than others.

Let me end the discuss with a story of Luther and his assistant Phillip Melachton. Luther once told Phillip "Sin lustfully, so grace may abound to you". He was not encouraging Phiillip to sin but he realized that Phillip was really not enjoying the grace of God because he had so much security in his works. He felt that if Phillip was to fall into a great sin, like fornication, when he is restored to God, he would appreciate what it means to be forgiven. He would see more of what God has done for him and not what he can do for God (eg, holiness). I have a feeling that folks like you Bidam need to sin lustfully so that grace may abound to you.
Am NOT interested in your stories and what you feel about me..Let us hear your experiences about God and How HIS WORD HAS SHAPED YOUR LIFE SO WE ALSO CAN BE BLESSED.THANKS.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 06, 2013
DrummaBoy: The just shall live by faith, not by experiences

Does faith produce experience? And does the experience faith produces lead to increase in faith?

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Image123(m): 4:22pm On May 06, 2013
brilapluz:

Fine..let me it more clearer to U..IT IS NOT REQUIRED BY TODAY CHRISTIANS TO BE JUSTIFIED BEFORE THE STANDARD OF GOD..d only reason we,christians, stand justified b4 God is d LAW OF CHRIST WHICH IS LOVE..but like paul told d galatians,in galatians 3:10,so its Up 2 U 2 decide which LAW u wud want 2 OBSERVE..d law of moses or d law of christ..its ur choice,ur life..
you can't observe the law of Christ to be justified. Justification is by faith, not by observation or love, whatever that means.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Image123(m): 4:27pm On May 06, 2013
Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
conditions conditions conditions
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by brilapluz(m): 4:53pm On May 06, 2013
Image123: ,
you can't observe the law of Christ to be justified. Justification is by faith, not by observation or love, whatever that means.
smh..really? Interesting! Lol
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 5:49pm On May 06, 2013
Image123:
Fortunately for us, the verse you quoted connote and even denote that it refers to EVERY MAN, THE WHOLE WORLD, THE ENTIRE WORLD. But some wuruwuru from you picks just the jews. How?

Yeyenatu! Quote where the law of Moses was written or given to the Non-Jews by birth, the Gentiles Christians and I will quote where scriptures says the law of Moses was written and meant ONLY for the Jews. Are you ready to run this race set before you? grin
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by haibe(m): 9:25pm On May 06, 2013
Goshen360:

Yeyenatu! Quote where the law of Moses was written or given to the Non-Jews by birth, the Gentiles Christians and I will quote where scriptures says the law of Moses was written and meant ONLY for the Jews. Are you ready to run this race set before you? grin
where did the bible say the law of moses was meant for jews only?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Image123(m): 9:50pm On May 06, 2013
Goshen360:

what is the meaning of "yeyenatu"? You already quoted the answer you need. I know the race set before me, if you have anything important to say, kindly go ahead.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2013
haibe:
where did the bible say the law of moses was meant for jews only?

You don come again? You and me don debate this issue before. You still want me give you undated version? grin
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 9:57pm On May 06, 2013
Image123:
what is the meaning of "yeyenatu"? You already quoted the answer you need. I know the race set before me, if you have anything important to say, kindly go ahead.

Yeyenatu is a Yoruba terms for meaning....You're not serious! Abi you don become actor wey no understand Yoruba again ni?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Image123(m): 10:03pm On May 06, 2013
Goshen360:

Yeyenatu is a Yoruba terms for meaning....You're not serious! Abi you don become actor wey no understand Yoruba again ni?
Still waiting for the important something.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by haibe(m): 11:27pm On May 06, 2013
Goshen360:

You don come again? You and me don debate this issue before. You still want me give you undated version? grin

lol I only asked a question na.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 11:42pm On May 06, 2013
haibe:

lol I only asked a question na.

Abeg go study your bible joor. No be every answer I go provide for you. Both Old & New Testament says the law of Moses was given to the Jews ONLY, not to Christians inclusive.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 12:08am On May 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Abeg go study your bible joor. No be every answer I go provide for you. Both Old & New Testament says the law of Moses was given to the Jews ONLY, not to Christians inclusive.
BIG LIE.It is those of the flesh who are not subject to God's law (Romans 8:5-cool.
If you say you know Him, and ignore His commandments you are a liar (1 John 2:3-7).
It does not matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, what matters is keeping God's commandments. (1 Cor. 7:19)
The "law of love" is that we keep his commandments - which is by no means a "burden" (1 John 5:3; 2 John 1:6; Matt. 11:29,30)

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 2:55am On May 07, 2013
Bidam: BIG LIE.It is those of the flesh who are not subject to God's law (Romans 8:5-cool.
If you say you know Him, and ignore His commandments you are a liar (1 John 2:3-7).
It does not matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, what matters is keeping God's commandments. (1 Cor. 7:19)
The "law of love" is that we keep his commandments - which is by no means a "burden" (1 John 5:3; 2 John 1:6; Matt. 11:29,30)

Bidam, seriously you need to re-take bible study class. grin The reference to "His" there is Christ, not Moses. So, what's Christ's commandment? A NEW commandment I GIVE UNTO YOU...that already replaced and\or fulfilled the TEN COMMANDMENTS....for love is the fulfillment of the mosaic law.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 6:03am On May 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Bidam, seriously you need to re-take bible study class. grin The reference to "His" there is Christ, not Moses. So, what's Christ's commandment? A NEW commandment I GIVE UNTO YOU...that already replaced and\or fulfilled the TEN COMMANDMENTS....for love is the fulfillment of the mosaic law.
You are the guy who need to take a bible study class.Image has told you that the scripture there is saying commandments and NOT commandment as you erroneously want us to believe.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 6:28am On May 07, 2013
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1cor7:19 KJV.

And this is love, that we walk after his commandments.2 John 1:6 KJV

1 John 2:3-7

English Standard Version (ESV)

3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 5:3

New King James Version (NKJV)

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 8:18am On May 07, 2013
Bidam: Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1cor7:19 KJV.

And this is love, that we walk after his commandments.2 John 1:6 KJV

1 John 2:3-7

English Standard Version (ESV)

3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 5:3

New King James Version (NKJV)

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

.....and what exactly is God's commandment? Do you think the writer was referring to the mosaic law?

1 John 3:23 (NIV)
23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

1 John 4:21 (NIV)
21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 8:28am On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

.....and what exactly is God's commandment? Do you think the writer was referring to the mosaic law?

1 John 3:23 (NIV)
23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

1 John 4:21 (NIV)
21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.
The scripture i quoted is saying COMMANDMENTS. Explain that please.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by debosky(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2013
Bidam: The scripture i quoted is saying COMMANDMENTS. Explain that please.

You tell us what you think they are referring to - are they referring to Deuteronomy 28? Does 'commandments' refer to not wearing fabric made of two dissimilar materials or eating animals with split hooves?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 9:45am On May 07, 2013
Bidam: The scripture i quoted is saying COMMANDMENTS. Explain that please.

Please answer debosky's question, now that you are of the opinion that the commandments are plenty grin tells us God's commandment(s) that we are required to keep angry

Bidam:
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1cor7:19 KJV.

all this time, i was thinking circumcision was on Bidam's list of part of God's 'commandment(s)' sad

2 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 10:33am On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

Please answer debosky's question, now that you are of the opinion that the commandments are plenty grin tells us God's commandment(s) that we are required to keep angry

all this time, i was thinking circumcision was on Bidam's list of part of God's 'commandment(s)' sad

Hey man are you circumsciced in your foreskin?

An if your answer is yes then why?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 10:35am On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

grin grin grin
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 11:10am On May 07, 2013
Goshen360:

You're simply insulting the finished works of the cross bro. A Christian is not cursed anymore because he/she falls into sin under the new covenant, he/she don't just continue to make a practice of sin, it does not say anywhere in the new covenant that curse return on such person.

Your confusion mirrors a truly Lawless mind

Where do you come up with such doctrines and teaching them as commandments

Meanwhile you put the fathers commandments aside

Ye are truly burning already.

Every word spoken in the bible is judgement, surely you know you cannot escape the impending judgement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

The Bones Of St Peter Go On Display / Mentally Challenged Woman And Man "Healed" By Pastor In Ibadan (Photos) / Pope Francis Will Consecrate Russia And Ukraine To Our Lady Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.