Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings (27543 Views)

Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 / Moses Wrote The Book Of Deuteronomy. But Did He Also Write Chapter 34? / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 1:51am On Apr 26, 2013
obadiah777: YOU THE ONE WHO NEEDS THE LUCK. TRUST ME BRUV. KEEP FOLLOWING THAT DOCTRINE OF DEMONS INSTITUTED BY THE ROMAN EMPIRE SO AS TO GET THE WHOLE WORLD INTO FORGETTING THE LAWS AND LIVING HEDONISTIC LIFESTYLES. YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT HOW WRONG YOU WERE.

Brother, the Grace of Christ is NOT a certificate to live ungodly lifestyle bro; it is an empowerment to live the life of Christ and not to continue to make habit of sin. You don't understand this Gospel at all bro.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Galatians 5:13

3 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Goshen360(m): 1:54am On Apr 26, 2013
@ obadiah777,

You & your Judaizer video clips. grin Christians are not part of you! grin Should I quote one law of Moses for you so that you see you cannot keep it? grin

2 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by ichuka(m): 3:03am On Apr 26, 2013
whosoever is born of a man,of blood,and of the will of a man can't upholds Gods Law. because Gods Law is Holy and it takes a Holy man to keep/uphold the Law of God. who then is Holy? None,expect the Law Giver Himself,and He will uphold/fullfill His Law in and through us if we Believe!that's the Gospel,which is GRACE!!
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by 0keyxyz(m): 3:27am On Apr 26, 2013
i.chuka:
whosoever is born of a man,of blood,and of the will of a man can't upholds Gods Law. because Gods Law is Holy and it takes a Holy man to keep/uphold the Law of God. who then is Holy? None,expect the Law Giver Himself,and He will uphold/fullfill His Law in and through us if we Believe!that's the Gospel,which is GRACE!!

Jesus has already fulfilled and abolished the law through his death. Therefore we don't owe the law anything, as it is no longer valid to a christian. Grace was not given to help us keep the laws. Grace is precisely the fact that we are no longer under this law, We no longer define right and wrong based on the law, let alone trying to keep it. Therefore, we CANNOT sin by disregarding the law, rather we make ourselves sinners when we disregard grace and go back to define morality based on the law, because the power of sin is the law(1 Corinthians 15:56 ).

2 Likes

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MissOpe(f): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi: 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Whether you agree or not does not change anything. Under the law of Moses the Gentiles can never be saved.
You just don't open any part of the scripture for doctrine or for practice.
So what happened to the gentiles before christ came to die for their sins? Reply asap.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 9:12am On Apr 26, 2013
Miss Ope:
So what happened to the gentiles before christ came to die for their sins? Reply asap.

The Bible hardly says much about the fate of Gentiles before the death of Christ. God chose Abraham to himself and made a promise to His descendant through flesh.He said through the seed of Abraham shall all nations be blessed. That seed of Abraham that unites all nations to God is Christ.

Before Christ the Gentiles (non-Jews) did not have a law, so in essence can not be judged by the law.

for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

If they were judged by their conscience as this verse says, then they might be saved. but the bible did not say that., so only God knows that.
But a sure way to righteousness in this dispensation is through grace cos God's conditions for righteousness was not stagnant. Till date the Jews still believe they are the chosen people but oblivious to the fact that God has moved the conditions.

So, we have proselytes practicing Judaism and most Christians still embracing Judaism. In this dispensation only 1 apostle has the gospel of Christ in its fullness and His name is Paul. Other parts of the Bible are there for our knowledge of God and the people He chose and not for doctrine as most churches do today.

Sorry I had to deviate a little.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2013
Goshen360:

Thanks for your time and contribution. I will continue in the morrow with Ihedinobi. Ihedinobi is also another Gospel potential on this forum but he's still hanging out with the law of Moses grin I hope I can deliver him and some folks from the grip of the law of Moses though grin...by the Gospel of Grace through faith in Christ so that they can unveil the Grace dimension. Should Ihedinobi stop hanging out with the law of Moses today, he will explode on this forum even more than me myself cool

He should explain what Paul meant when He said this-

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 10:09am On Apr 26, 2013
Goshen360: @ obadiah777,

You & your Judaizer video clips. grin Christians are not part of you! grin Should I quote one law of Moses for you so that you see you cannot keep it? grin

Chistians and jews can never be the same

christ is coming for isreal as the scripture confirms and not any church

another word for christian is nations or gentiles

isreal is his special creation

the wheat and the tares.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 11:26am On Apr 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Chistians and jews can never be the same

christ is coming for isreal as the scripture confirms and not any church

another word for christian is nations or gentiles

isreal is his special creation

the wheat and the tares.

Christ will come for the church first. The church will not be present to face tribulation but the Jews would, that's when people would be saved by their works. The book of revelation gives us a clue on what will happen at these times, people will get the mark of the beast n all.
The book of revelation can't be fully understood by us cos they are events after the church is gone.

Divide the word of truth.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 11:38am On Apr 26, 2013
0keyxyz:

Jesus has already fulfilled and abolished the law through his death. Therefore we don't owe the law anything, as it is no longer valid to a christian. Grace was not given to help us keep the laws. Grace is precisely the fact that we are no longer under this law, We no longer define right and wrong based on the law, let alone trying to keep it. Therefore, we CANNOT sin by disregarding the law, rather we make ourselves sinners when we disregard grace and go back to define morality based on the law, because the power of sin is the law(1 Corinthians 15:56 ).

And the same yashua says

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

1.Are you saying all has been fullfilled?

2.Is yashua confused when he is sayin whomsover breaketh the least commandments and teaches others to do so is dammed

you people are playing with fire by contradicting the words of the master with the words of paul
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Christ will come for the church first. The church will not be present to face tribulation but the Jews would, that's when people would be saved by their works. The book of revelation gives us a clue on what will happen at these times, people will get the mark of the beast n all.
The book of revelation can't be fully understood by us cos they are events after the church is gone.

if your master lived the way of the jew then why not yourself?

But so many are ready to live the way that thier pastors demand

its a shame.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 11:50am On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

You lie:

And Jesus said to them, Verily I say unto you, That *ye* who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit down upon his throne of glory, *ye* also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the TWELVE TRIBES OF ISREAL.

clearly one can see the master was not confused about who he was coming back for

Pastors have really done a lot of damage.

All this foolish buisness of one teaching another

Folly!
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 11:54am On Apr 26, 2013
0keyxyz:

stop speaking falsehood.

where in all of scripture did you see yashua verbally abolish the LAW?

RATHER HE SAYS:

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Judgement upon all desciples of paul for they work againsts yashua ibn joseph
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
MostHigh:

And the same yashua says

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

1.Are you saying all has been fullfilled?

2.Is yashua confused when he is sayin whomsover breaketh the least commandments and teaches others to do so is dammed

you people are playing with fire by contradicting the words of the master with the words of paul

The law was fulfilled at the cross..sin came through Adam, sin was revealed by the law and the law was fulfilled by Christ.

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=MostHigh]

You lie:

And Jesus said to them, Verily I say unto you, That *ye* who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit down upon his throne of glory, *ye* also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the TWELVE TRIBES OF ISREAL.

clearly one can see the master was not confused about who he was coming back for

Pastors have really done a lot of damage.

All this foolish buisness of one teaching another

Folly!

That explains what I told you about the church/ the followers of Christ would be with Christ before tribulation ...at the end of tribulation, the Jews shall be judged.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

The law was fulfilled at the cross..sin came through Adam, sin was revealed by the law and the law was fulfilled by Christ.

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

please dont stop there we need commentries on verse 19 as well.

Abi you no read am reach there?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
MostHigh:

if your master lived the way of the jew then why not yourself?

But so many are ready to live the way that thier pastors demand

its a shame.

He lived the way of the Jew because he was Jew by flesh thus under the law. he was limited to what He could do, so He had to go for the Holy Spirit to come. Apostle Paul was the tool used by Christ to deliver the words of the spirit for our guidance and edification.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
MostHigh:

please dont stop there we need commentries on verse 19 as well.

Abi you no read am reach there?

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, [color=#000000]till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.[/color]

All was fulfilled at the cross, so that statement stands.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
Like I posted earlier , there are different dispensations in the scriptures, you would have a better understanding if you are guided by them
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I think I should add this little exposition about how God deals with man through dispensations. The only rule to this is not to inject any dispensation into another.
1) innocence with Adam and Eve
2) conscience. Cane and Abel
3)Human govt. Noah
4)promise. Abraham
5)law. Moses/Jesus falls under this dispensation too
6)grace. Paul only (Christians)
7)tribulation. Hebrew 1st and 2nd Peter Jude John revelation
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Like I posted earlier , there are different dispensations in the scriptures, you would have a better understanding if you are guided by them
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I think I should add this little exposition about how God deals with man through dispensations. The only rule to this is not to inject any dispensation into another.
3)Human govt. Noah
4)promise. Abraham

Like I said I humbly request for a commentry on verse 19 please.

Then we can move on.

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
Therefore, what is right in 1 dispensation could be wrong in another. If you read the Bible as just 1 whole book , you give room for contradictions. That does not mean you shouldnt know the other books in other dispensations but the one paramount to christians is not even what Jesus said while he ws woth us but what was said after he left through Paul.
Rightly divide the word.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi Like I said I humbly request for a commentry on verse 19 please.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Like I posted earlier , there are different dispensations in the scriptures, you would have a better understanding if you are guided by them
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
3)Human govt. Noah
4)promise. Abraham

i see you are back. TODAY I HAVE TIME FOR YALL. LEMME EAT FIRST. I AM FAMISHED. SUP SUP MOSTHIGH SUP GOSHEN THE REPROBATE AZZ NAKKAZ grin grin
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Therefore, what is right in 1 dispensation could be wrong in another. If you read the Bible as just 1 whole book , you give room for contradictions. That does not mean you shouldnt know the other books in other dispensations but the one paramount to christians is not even what Jesus said while he ws woth us but what was said after he left through Paul.
Rightly divide the word.

(but the one paramount to christians is not even what Jesus said while he ws woth us) these your words are anathema

is this what you teach you kids at home?

not to attach too much importance to the words of the holy spirit

you are preaching antichrist

how can one forget what yashua has said and cling unto pauls words

Did paul not ask you whose name you were baptised in?
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Zikkyy(m): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
@pastor Goshen360 & @pastor shdemidemi

keep up the good work smiley
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
obadiah777: i see you are back. TODAY I HAVE TIME FOR YALL. LEMME EAT FIRST. I AM FAMISHED. SUP SUP MOSTHIGH SUP GOSHEN THE REPROBATE AZZ NAKKAZ grin grin

greetings beloved of my father.

I see you are back for more harvest.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

He lived the way of the Jew because he was Jew by flesh thus under the law. he was limited to what He could do, so He had to go for the Holy Spirit to come. Apostle Paul was the tool used by Christ to deliver the words of the spirit for our guidance and edification.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Is there any such thing as a jew by spirit?

as above so below, a jew is a jew

what about the paranthetic verse below.

Are the 12 tribes and the elders at this point jews under the flesh seeing the master is describing jewish culture here?

And Jesus said to them, Verily I say unto you, That *ye* who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit down upon his throne of glory, *ye* also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the TWELVE TRIBES OF ISREAL
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by MostHigh: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
shdemidemi Like I said I humbly request for a commentry on verse 19 please.
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
Zikkyy: @pastor Goshen360 & @pastor shdemidemi

keep up the good work smiley
WHAT GOOD WORK ? THOSE TWO REPROBATES NEED TO BE FLOGGED FOR SPREADING HERESIES. OL SLICK TALKING REPROBATES grin LEMME EAT THIS RICE. AM FINNA DELIVER A NICE FLOGGING TO THOSE TWO
Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
[quote author=MostHigh][/quote]

18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Verse 19 is a continuation of the latter verse. Verse 18 says till heaven and earth pass away everything within the law has to be conformed with and 19 says anyone that teaches anything different would be least in the kingdom and who teaches it shall be called great in the kingdom. Notice in 18 he said till all is fulfilled. The only one who can fulfil all the conditions of the law is Christ cos He has no sin nature.

"It is finished". That was the end of the dispensation of the law.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings by shdemidemi(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Is there any such thing as a jew by spirit?

as above so below, a jew is a jew

what about the paranthetic verse below.

Are the 12 tribes and the elders at this point jews under the flesh seeing the master is describing jewish culture here?

And Jesus said to them, Verily I say unto you, That *ye* who have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit down upon his throne of glory, *ye* also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the TWELVE TRIBES OF ISREAL

1 1 Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God 2 which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures, 3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,

Who is the "ye" referring to..the Jews or His followers? The people to be judged.
Use your head na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

The Bones Of St Peter Go On Display / Mentally Challenged Woman And Man "Healed" By Pastor In Ibadan (Photos) / Pope Francis Will Consecrate Russia And Ukraine To Our Lady Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.