Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,077 members, 7,852,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

Lets Build This House. - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lets Build This House. (38801 Views)

Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo) / BE WARNED ; This House Is For Everybody, Not For Anybody. Picture. / Buy this House..You will love it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Build This House. by mufutau55(m): 2:08am On Jun 11, 2013
jaydacorsair:

lol bro. I paid him 30% of the contract sum with the hope im on the right track and
I wanted to post the quote but decided not to distract him. I wanted to travel back
and monitor the house via nairaland and something delayed me then before the block
blunders and all mehn I thank God I didn't travel.

So, is Brabus rectifying the problems? Is he still your Builder now?
Don't be despair, everything will turn out well.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Lets Build This House. by X2X(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jamesqu:
Pele...with all his posts online, I had him on speed dail for next year, but after this...I don delete...I feel u!

I still do not understand how Brabus managed to hoodwink virtually everyone on Nairaland into believing he is seasoned builder. He is not. Please do not throw away your money.

A couple of years ago (I think it was around 2010) when he was at the earlier stages of (what was allegedly) his house in Sagamu, he was on this very forum asking newbie questions. I still remember vividly because one particular Nairalander (with handle aasog or aasog1 or something like that) stood out amongst others on that thread in terms of the quality of advise he was giving Brabus and on this basis I had the aasog guy on my "monitor" list. I remember Brabus being openly thankful for the advice he was getting and throughout he did not give anyone the impression he was a professional builder, quite the opposite, he instead spoke as an average guy who just wanted to complete his personal project without getting ripped off by others - much like jaydacorsair here. And then, the next thing you will see, out of nowhere, is "NextHome Builders". Jesus Christ.

Now he goes about parading himself as a consummate professional and you would be forgiven for thinking he has been building houses for ages. By cleverly associating himself with folks like Spider, Segcy, etc, he has created a perfect camouflage for his inexperience. By using superior presentation skills, he projects professionalism. This guy is practically making it up as he goes, with goof after goof and unfortunately it is clients who are paying the price.

Folks, especially those in the Diaspora, before you dish your money out please triple check properly and don't be guided by what you are seeing and hearing on a faceless forum. I rest my case and wish jaydacorsair the best possible outcome from here on.

X!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by Aventures(m): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
X-2-X:

A couple of years ago (I think it was around 2010) when he was at the earlier stages of (what was allegedly) his house in Sagamu, he was on this very forum asking newbie questions. I still remember vividly because one particular Nairalander (with handle aasog or aasog1 or something like that) stood out amongst others on that thread in terms of the quality of advise he was giving Brabus and on this basis I had the aasog guy on my "monitor" list. I remember Brabus being openly thankful for the advice he was getting and throughout he did not give anyone the impression he was a professional builder, quite the opposite, he instead spoke as an average guy who just wanted to complete his personal project without getting ripped off by others - much like jaydacorsair here. And then, the next thing you will see, out of nowhere, is "NextHome Builders". Jesus Christ.

Now he goes about parading himself as a consummate professional and you would be forgiven for thinking he has been building houses for ages. By cleverly associating himself with folks like Spider, Segcy, etc, he has created a perfect camouflage for his inexperience. By using superior presentation skills, he projects professionalism. This guy is practically making it up as he goes, with goof after goof and unfortunately it is clients who are paying the price.

Brabus is a contractor and not a builder, not an engineer nor an Architect, His real field is computer science, i have read this in one of his post. Now being a computer scientist is not a problem as any one can be a contractor as long as you have the flair, time and capacity (financial and personnel)unfortunately this guy did not engage any professional in his contracting firm who can provide him some engineering backings and he would not have this kind of problems.For this kind of contractor client pays more as the contractor would like to make up to 25% profit in other to pay all the personnel in their team.
[quote author=X-2-X]

Folks, especially those in the Diaspora, before you dish your money out please triple check properly and don't be guided by what you are seeing and hearing on a faceless forum. I rest my case and wish jaydacorsair the best possible outcome from here on.

I agreed with you absolutely, client in diaspora should check track records from past and present clients.

X!

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by gtrust: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
People should just follow the work of some builders here like SEGCY.MOOR and SPIDER and a few other guys I cannot remember now.
I think there are very good guys on this forum who know what they are doing and we don't all have to go to Julius Berger.
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
X-2-X:

I still do not understand how Brabus managed to hoodwink virtually everyone on Nairaland into believing he is seasoned builder. He is not. Please do not throw away your money.

X!

Noted bro
Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 9:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
^^^@OP, I toT syder880 was acting as consultant post-palaver, where are we on that?
Re: Lets Build This House. by ceasare: 7:31am On Jun 12, 2013
@jaydarcosair:quality comes at a price.u shd hv gone ahead with ur architect n hs cost as adviced by segcy.moor.but u c clients tends to be wiser anytime they c a reduced qoute or an avenue to reduce cost and this is what happens afterwards.just wrk around it with brabus, with in house help here u can stl get ur project to stand test of time.
to all other forumite and would be jaydacorsair look before u leap.quality n competence comes at a price...my 20kobo

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 8:08am On Jun 12, 2013
X-2-X:

X!

Oh my guy BRB! I must confess I admire him for 2 things.
-He was bless with good Canpeter and Bricklayer
-He was sophiscated in using Computer(I think he display his skill here)

This issue even better. The guy is a graduate of Computer science. what about the issue of 'frustated element' in town. Majorly the so called agent. Having help u to get land, they will display themselve as Building contractor. Before you know it they ve gather quotation from Bricklayer.

Recently, I ve a bitter experiennce on a particular project I ve made much effort on. I presented 5m for a Foundation somewhere in Ajah. I am so confident to the extend that I need to compel the Client in question to get another qoute as benchmark for mine.
When the client back to town he claimed someone presented 3m plus. I find it difficult to believe until the guy show me. I was confused. Mad! The guy really want to give me the Contract being the project Arhitect but I refused to bent. I even advise him to procure the materials himself and promise him he won't save a penny from that. The guy look at face,confused! But before I know it they ve commence work on Site. But I still ve my Integrity intack!( the contractor that presented 3m plus is on NL here but I wont mention name)

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 8:43am On Jun 12, 2013
ceasare: @jaydarcosair:quality comes at a price.u shd hv gone ahead with ur architect n hs cost as adviced by segcy.moor.but u c clients tends to be wiser anytime they c a reduced qoute or an avenue to reduce cost and this is what happens afterwards.just wrk around it with brabus, with in house help here u can stl get ur project to stand test of time.
to all other forumite and would be jaydacorsair look before u leap.quality n competence comes at a price...my 20kobo

Bro plz note that I never wanted a cheaper price I only wanted a situation where I could monitor my house from diaspora. Thanks
Re: Lets Build This House. by twinskenny(m): 9:11am On Jun 12, 2013
I have been following this thread since season one.. i believe that the guy (brabus) that we are talking about here has done some good job in the past? once in a while mistake is bound to happen, i will advice the OP to kindly thread with caution and still work with the same guy to rectify the issue on ground.. the deed has been done but then thank God its not more than this... i witnessed a case in banana island some years back, where the owner of a building came from abroad and pull down already finished house due the fact that the contractor did a terrible job...

God bless
Re: Lets Build This House. by jam04(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2013
Can brabus let us know the status of this building now?
Re: Lets Build This House. by ceasare: 9:34am On Jun 12, 2013
Well i hope u r monitoring it now? The deed hs been done just try n wrk things out with him ok.if u nid proffessional help n advice thr r enuff proffessional on NL to help u out.js a lesson learnt d hard way.if we hv good regulatory bodies n a responsive govt then a comp sci. Graduate wont b practising construction.
For other forumites patronize proffessional n not just wannabes'.

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by mufutau55(m): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
jam04: Can brabus let us know the status of this building now?

I am sure he will soon.. and I am sure they are rectifying the problems.
I hope everybody (Client & Builder) are happy at the end.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by deking(m): 11:24am On Jun 13, 2013
After all said and done in all fairness to Brabus his major problem is that he always leaves critical things to people who end up disappointing him. All his major failures have always followed this pattern.

But I have learnt a lot from some of the things he initiated on this forum including making this forum a platform where builders compare costs of projects.

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2013
Update

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 11:48am On Jun 13, 2013
ongoing

Re: Lets Build This House. by kopell: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
@Brabus can you give us the detail of rectification procedure you used to rectified the problem, before you arrived at the picture shown. I comment your talent if it true as being said above that you're a computer science graduate practicing civil construction engineering. It great to have people like you in our society, that proved yourself in economic situation like ours in Nigeria will not pull you down in doing some thing els if the system fail to provide opportunity in line of your profession. A little advice for you in this line of field you choses to practice, take some advice management courses in quoting and negotiation of contracts without compromising quality. As professional you alway stick to your gun when it's come to quality, your client may being looking at cost, you should be able to convince him of the conscious of cutting corners. One mistake is to much of the same.
Good luck keep doing what you love to do.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by mufutau55(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
brabus: Update

Welcome back. Just make it transparent as always.
Like I said, I hope You and your Client are happy at the end.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Lets Build This House. by ceasare: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
@brabus: good 2 hear u r making headways.if in need of proff advice u can ask 4 in house help here with d proffessionals.

Cheers.
@jaydarcosair: liked d way u handled d situation at d end u will come out stronger and wiser.

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by Bizaga: 11:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
grin
Re: Lets Build This House. by Bizaga: 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
grin
Re: Lets Build This House. by Aventures(m): 7:08am On Jun 14, 2013
kopell: @Brabus can you give us the detail of rectification procedure you used to rectified the problem, before you arrived at the picture shown. I comment your talent if it true as being said above that you're a computer science graduate practicing civil construction engineering. It great to have people like you in our society, that proved yourself in economic situation like ours in Nigeria will not pull you down in doing some thing els if the system fail to provide opportunity in line of your profession. A little advice for you in this line of field you choses to practice, take some advice management courses in quoting and negotiation of contracts without compromising quality. As professional you alway stick to your gun when it's come to quality, your client may being looking at cost, you should be able to convince him of the conscious of cutting corners. One mistake is to much of the same.
Good luck keep doing what you love to do.
I have just found out that we have just wasted our time and megabytes on this tread as i am sure that the client has accepted whatever comes his way. We do not see the progress of correction work done,only for us to see the Oversite concrete. It was evident that all our advises and recommendation were thrown to the trash as i can still see that the columns still remain 6" x 6" (150mm x 150mm). Of course they will now increase the columns to 230 x 230 after the German floor. I don not want to waste my megabytes any more i sign out of this tread right away.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 7:48am On Jun 14, 2013
segcy.moor:

I need to tell this bluntly, if you see any one given you less than this is either not knowing what is doing or intend to ask for more later. I tell u this guy is being honest enough. Go for it!

Aventures:
I have just found out that we have just wasted our time and megabytes on this tread as i am sure that the client has accepted whatever comes his way. We do not see the progress of correction work done,only for us to see the Oversite concrete. It was evident that all our advises and recommendation were thrown to the trash as i can still see that the columns still remain 6" x 6" (150mm x 150mm). Of course they will now increase the columns to 230 x 230 after the German floor. I don not want to waste my megabytes any more i sign out of this tread right away.
[quote author=segcy.moor]

Bros, ur professional advise is vital, u spent years in University to study the rudiments of Engineering:Understanding the Science behind Building...and u are dissapointed someone disregard it. From experinence, it takes someone who understand science behind building to value professional advise.I love myself for being blunt and behold it came to past! Pls, dont relent on ur effort because I am sure intelligent people were here learning from this thread.
Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 10:53am On Jun 14, 2013
[quote
author=Aventures]
I have just found out that we have just wasted our time and megabytes on
this tread as i am sure that the client has accepted whatever comes his
way. We do not see the progress of correction work done,only for us to
see the Oversite concrete. It was evident that all our advises and
recommendation were thrown to the trash as i can still see that the
columns still remain 6" x 6" (150mm x 150mm). Of course they will now
increase the columns to 230 x 230 after the German floor. I don not want
to waste my megabytes any more i sign out of this tread right
away.[/quote]

Sir, you haven't wasted your Megabytes. ALL suggestions and professional advices given on this thread were implemented. Worthy to mention that we've only poured 15 columns before the break, the remaining 19 columns were increased to 230 x 230mm right from the ground up. BRB

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by kopell: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
@Brabus I appreciate your maturity in the way you response to criticize of people. This is one of the challenges one will go thru if they're to succeed in business world. Your competitors will do anything in there power to derail you in the field. Be careful in the way you execute you contract.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by mufutau55(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
kopell: @Brabus I appreciate your maturity in the way you response to criticize of people. This is one of the challenges one will go thru if they're to succeed in business world. Your competitors will do anything in there power to derail you in the field. Be careful in the way you execute you contract.
Good luck

Amen to that!

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by brabus(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
[quote
author=kopell]@Brabus I appreciate your maturity in the way you response
to criticize of people. This is one of the challenges one will go thru
if they're to succeed in business world. Your competitors will do
anything in there power to derail you in the field. Be careful in the
way you execute you contract.
Good luck [/quote]

I've never seen the criticism as the subject matter and I'm not Sir Rueben Abati.
I'm posting from my Nokia 206 and typing ain't easy at all.

As a culture on this forum (a learning thread), I'll share my experience on this project (the good, the bad, the misconception, the mistakes and the corrective measures). Who knows, someone might gain one or two lessons from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Build This House. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
kopell: @Brabus I appreciate your maturity in the way you response to criticize of people. This is one of the challenges one will go thru if they're to succeed in business world. Your competitors will do anything in there power to derail you in the field. Be careful in the way you execute you contract.
Good luck

Enough of this sentiment.Is he d only builder here who display his work? does anyone know each other here? Afterall, it has being estalish that dis guy dont understanding scince of Building but rather of 'Information techonology'.Besides, d client said 'Let's Build this house' hence 'original' professionals came in to give sound advise and u call that derail him from his field. which field? are we discusing how to increase Computer Harddisk here. If BRB can't withstand critics he better go to Techonoly section.
He claimed he increased d columns, while can't we see it before oversite conctrete....abeg no let me vex
Re: Lets Build This House. by Bizaga: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
grin
Re: Lets Build This House. by Bizaga: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
grin
Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
I don't understand something on this trend, can some1 enlighten me. I can see lots of critics and abusive words, formerly a NL used it as a comedy center now...Bad belle people don take over oooooooooo.
Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
Kudos to Brabus.....if na me, I will not near this thread again.....kudos to u fa and best of luck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Smart Homes - Designs, Planning and Construction / High Tension Wire On A House Pillar: Your Opinion On This Picture / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.