Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... (4025 Views)

Are The Ilajes, Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Ikales And Eguns Really Yoruba? / Ijebus Are Not Yoruba !!! / The Pride Of The Igbo Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
.......THE PRIDE OF IJEBUs..........
*Ijebu is the only tribe in nigeria that has its origin from bible days.
Ijebus were the first people to have contact with Europeans in 14th century.
Ijebus were the first to be educated by western education.
Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria.
First people to manufacture gears of wars in history of Nigeria.
First people to contend the slavery extortion in the region.
The first people to invent money made from cowry shell, later made Coin called "PANDORA", which acceptable through Africa and Europe.
Ijebus were first settlement in Lagos.
The Europeans Observers found them more intelligent than the other groups in Nigeria.
Ijebu was the first indigenious CLERK to European missionaries.
When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu King (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore the sight.
Ijebu known for sociality, integrity, voodoo power, hardwork and brain-work.
Ijebu was the one to raise agitation for emancipation from colonialism.
Ijebu King(Orimolusi) was second Oba appointed by colonial master for London conference in 1957 to negotiate Independence.
Ijebu land was where Blood-Money Ritual was first discovered in the whole Africa.
Ijebu man was first Nigerian to play in English premier league in early 60.
Ijebu man was first to dare military president (IBB), to brain-wash (dupe or 419) him and still live scotfree. (name withheld).
Ijebu famous with Egungun festival, Agemo festival, Ileya festival etc.
Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man was first nigerian to singlehandedly own Oil Mining and Telecomunication (GLO).
Ijebu man was first musician to perform outside the shore of Nigeria.
What a great National!
The Regional capital is Ijebu Ode.
The Commercial capital is Sagamu
The Spiritual capital is Ijebu Igbo.
I'm proud to be an Ijebu Man.
There are Ijebu Elites all across the globe. There are registered Ijebu Associations in NY, Florida, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, WC, etc
Ijebu is proud of Molusi College and Ijebu Ode grammer school
Ijebu is my fatherland. Please it is time to have our own STATE because Ijebu Empire was 2nd to OYO's in 15th century. Why depriving us of all our political benefits? Abi you want us to unleach our potential (what we know best) before the request is granted?
Great Ijebuites
.........&............
Only The Best Is Good Enough For IJEBUITES

3 Likes

Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by georjay(m): 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ijebu man was first to dare military president (IBB), to brain-wash (dupe or 419) him and still live scotfree. (name withheld)..... .....MIKE ADENUGA
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
Proudly Ijebu!!!

Big ups to all the Jebusites...looool

2 Likes

Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
georjay:
Ijebu man was first to dare military president (IBB), to brain-wash (dupe or 419) him and still live scotfree. (name withheld)..... .....MIKE ADENUGA

We're merchants - it's in our DNA lol...
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by kunlekunle: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ki de we daruko AWOLOWO
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Adekunle, ma binu! Awolowo is a legend in Ijebu land. Sugbon, Awolowo se mi, nitori naa ni mi o se daruko e
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
georjay:
Not Brother Mike. Brother Mike is a respectable Ijebu Igbo man. The person in quote is also an ijebu igbo man, a former senator, he also 419 Abdul Jabal in early 90s when they wanted to sell ship for him. Well i will not mention his name here publicly
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
MOD- please frontpage. We want all publicise our heritage and reach out to all ijebus. Pleaseeeeeeee oooooooo Mr. MOD
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by TerraCotta(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
I don't know what's wrong with Nigerians. Ijebus have a lot to be proud of but most of this list is either wrong, completely made-up or unverifiable (what does "origins from bible days" mean?)

Why start a discussion of Ijebu history but not mention Sungbo's Eredo, the largest single fortification on the African continent and one of the earliest sites of political centralization?

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/20/world/eredo-journal-a-wall-a-moat-behold-a-lost-yoruba-kingdom.html
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by odumchi: 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
Many of these "facts" are quite questionable...

2 Likes

Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2013
See delusion..... gringrin
I forgot; Ijebu were the first to sh1t in Africa grin

1 Like

Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Nobody: 5:38am On Apr 26, 2013
^^^^Nri Priest, I see you've stopped stalking the Yoruba's - it's now back to stalking the Ijebu's, no? grin

1 Like

Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2013
odumchi: Many of these "facts" are quite questionable...
Oya, go ahead! Questionable for what? Are you envious of ijebu originality
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by TerraCotta(m): 3:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
ShyM-X:
^^^^Nri Priest, I see you've stopped stalking the Yoruba's - it's now back to stalking the Ijebu's, no? grin

These guys are looking for your attention. There's a whole thread full of fantasies and hyperbole about their group but they don't seem to have any interest in that. You're better off reading and then writing about (verifiable) Ijebu history and culture if you're that passionate about it.
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Crayola1: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ijebu land was where Blood-Money Ritual was first discovered in the whole Africa.

I mean we want to be factual with history, but why would you want to be known as the 1st for this?
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Crayola1: 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2013
TerraCotta:

These guys are looking for your attention. There's a whole thread full of fantasies and hyperbole about their group but they don't seem to have any interest in that. You're better off reading and then writing about (verifiable) Ijebu history and culture if you're that passionate about it.

Do you have the receipts for that grin
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Don't derail the thread...

"If you don't like the story, write your own" - Chinua Achebe(R.I.P)
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Crayola1: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
ShyM-X:
Don't derail the thread...

"If you don't like the story, write your own" - Chinua Achebe(R.I.P)

The same man you hate. GFOH Negro with that BS.

I can say what ever I like period.

1 Like

Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
And who told you I hate him?

Just because I didn't agree with some of his excessiveness, that doesn't mean I hate him... undecided
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Crayola1: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
Yeah I hear you...Cool stro bro.
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 7:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
Crayola1: Ijebu land was where Blood-Money Ritual was first discovered in the whole Africa.

I mean we want to be factual with history, but why would you want to be known as the 1st for this?
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2013
Err... Let me add factual info. to the list....

The richest black woman in the world, Mrs Folorunsho Alakija, is an Ijebu woman from Ikorodu Lagos(waterside Ijebu)...

The only black man(Chief Obafemi Awolowo) Sir Harold Macmillan(former British PM) thought could rule England was an Ijebu man...

The first black/African nobel laureate in literature, and probably the only black African to have won the prize, Prof. Wole Soyinka, is also an Ijebu man...

grin grin grin

Proudly Jebusite!! tongue cool

Eweso!! wink
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by ooman(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
The Ijebus nevered had their origin from the bible, that is a lie.
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by kunlekunle: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2013
ooman: The Ijebus nevered had their origin from the bible, that is a lie.

They called them the jebusites
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Afam4eva(m): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2013
Funny thread!
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:13am On Apr 27, 2013
Sirniyeh: .......THE PRIDE OF IJEBUs..........
*Ijebu is the only tribe in nigeria that has its origin from bible days. FALSE
Ijebus were the first people to have contact with Europeans in 14th century. FALSE
Ijebus were the first to be educated by western education. FALSE
Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria. FALSE
First people to manufacture gears of wars in history of Nigeria. FALSE
First people to contend the slavery extortion in the region. FALSE
The first people to invent money made from cowry shell, later made Coin called "PANDORA", which acceptable through Africa and Europe. FALSE
Ijebus were first settlement in Lagos. FALSE
The Europeans Observers found them more intelligent than the other groups in Nigeria. FALSE
Ijebu was the first indigenious CLERK to European missionaries. MAYBE
When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu King (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore the sight. MAYBE
Ijebu known for sociality, integrity, voodoo power, hardwork and brain-work. MAYBE
Ijebu was the one to raise agitation for emancipation from colonialism. FALSE
Ijebu King(Orimolusi) was second Oba appointed by colonial master for London conference in 1957 to negotiate Independence.
Ijebu land was where Blood-Money Ritual was first discovered in the whole Africa. MAYBE
Ijebu man was first Nigerian to play in English premier league in early 60.
Ijebu man was first to dare military president (IBB), to brain-wash (dupe or 419) him and still live scotfree. (name withheld).
Ijebu famous with Egungun festival, Agemo festival, Ileya festival etc.
Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man was first nigerian to singlehandedly own Oil Mining and Telecomunication (GLO).
Ijebu man was first musician to perform outside the shore of Nigeria.
What a great National!
The Regional capital is Ijebu Ode.
The Commercial capital is Sagamu
The Spiritual capital is Ijebu Igbo.
I'm proud to be an Ijebu Man.
There are Ijebu Elites all across the globe. There are registered Ijebu Associations in NY, Florida, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, WC, etc
Ijebu is proud of Molusi College and Ijebu Ode grammer school
Ijebu is my fatherland. Please it is time to have our own STATE because Ijebu Empire was 2nd to OYO's in 15th century. Why depriving us of all our political benefits? Abi you want us to unleach our potential (what we know best) before the request is granted?
Great Ijebuites
.........&............
Only The Best Is Good Enough For IJEBUITES
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2013
[quote author=PAGAN 9JA][/quote]
OP, you claimed tha all the facts are false, why not provide the correct or right answer. Dont be confused, Ijebuites in the bible have their origin in Ethopia. And the history of Ijebus in Nigeria is traceable to ethopia. Ijebu migrated from ethopia to nigeria. Even when Awujale celebrated his 50yrs coronation anniversary three year ago, people from Ethopia including their paramount ruler was present and shed more light on the history. He said the ijebus in ethopia and nigeria are brothers. So those who said it is false should go and study history. Simple.
Great ijebuites, dont mind them, body dey pepper them
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by tpia5: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2013
You should be able to state which ethiopian tribe you're referring to, since ethiopia in itself covers many different ethnicities.

Amharics generally have a very distinct horner look, maybe you mean the afars or one of the other negro tribes present there.
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by Sirniyeh(m): 1:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
tpia@:
You should be able to state which ethiopian tribe you're referring to, since ethiopia in itself covers many different ethnicities.

Amharics generally have a very distinct horner look, maybe you mean the afars or one of the other negro tribes present there.
Why are you after Ijebu so too bitter? Has any Ijebu lady duped you? Why body dey pepper you?
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by tpia5: 11:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
In short, you have no answer.

Cant look it up either.

I suspect you're not even nigerian, but just trying to drum up trouble.
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by dayowking: 3:06am On Nov 21, 2013
Please, i will appreciate any info as regards how i can meet some notable persons of the Ijebu kingdom. Otunba Tunwase and the likes. thanks a lot.
Re: THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... by tintingz(m): 11:48am On Nov 21, 2013
Proudly ijebuites grin

(1) (Reply)

Northerner Has Spoken / The Trees And Bones / Ghana Vs Nigeria Words Pronunciation (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.